Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:52:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Valley Girl (2020)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, May 09, 2020, 05:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

A Jukebox musical, which as everyone knows is the worst kind of the genre, this could have been fun if they'd sent up 80's ways and had a bit more fun with it's concept, but nah, it's shockingly average stuff. A remake of the movie that gave Nicolas Cage his first lead role, all of the 80's tracks are over produced and blandly sung, it wastes a great supporting cast including Judy Greer, Rob Heubel and Thomas Lennon (who bizarrely only gets about 30 seconds screen time) and though there's the occasional funny moment most of the time it's a massively missed opportunity. 5.5/10

dissolute ocelot

Boo. This sounded fun despite lukewarm reviews; Jessica Rothe is so good in Happy Death Day, I'd hope she could do likewise in other roles. I've never managed to see the intriguing original (young Nic Cage!!!) which seems to have been impossible to find in the UK for ages. Both versions are apparently on all good streaming/VoD platforms in the USA, but not here. Can we get a musical version of River's Edge next? Preferably with Keanu Reeves in the Dennis Hopper role.