Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:43:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anti-lockdown protest in London by dangerous idiots

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 09, 2020, 06:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

For a third time Westminster Bridge has been the scene of people ignoring social distancing rules, but this time they aren't clapping for the NHS.

Around 40 to 50 people put their lives and others at risk by demonstrating. I suspect all of them now have coronavirus, and they will still expect the NHS to treat them.

It's difficult for the police when the party in power cut thousands of their numbers since 2010 and when arresting people could just make the virus worse. However fines clearly aren't working. I do think it's a shame that there can't be enforced quarantine for 14 days for people that breach lockdown rules like this. The downside is that if you legislate for that or things like allowing police to spray water at the protestors with a garden hose that might be used by the establishment outside of a pandemic.

14 arrested, according to the BBC. The BBC must have been delighted that one of the protesters had a sign calling for people to stop clapping.

In Winsconsin, 72 people who tested positive for coronavirus since April 24 said they had been at a large event, although they weren't specifically asked if they'd been at the April 24 anti-lockdown protest:

https://www.channel3000.com/72-got-covid-19-after-being-at-large-event/

The Crumb

If only it could just open up and dump them like Tower bridge.

idunnosomename

Quote from: The Crumb on May 09, 2020, 07:41:09 PM
If only it could just open up and dump them like Tower bridge.
haha that'd be quite the scene

jobotic

Here they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S4A-EWGlWw

Prick at the beginning has a t-shirt referencing Melanie Shaw. I don't know anything about her except that Tommy Robinson is a vocal supporter.

I think the old twat at the end of the video is a long-term Nazi and holocaust denier who Hope Not Hate have documented many times.

Comments under the video about Islam and grooming gangs.

Kelvin

Amazed by how young they were. It's not a bunch of old, red faced tossers or even the full blown nutters you often see at the US protests. It's people in their 20 and 30s shouting about the state.

EDIT: Only going off that selective footage, mind you.

DenzilHolles

"I think the old twat at the end of the video is a long-term Nazi and holocaust denier who Hope Not Hate have documented many times."

It's Piers Corbyn, Jeremy's brother!

jobotic

Quote from: DenzilHolles on May 09, 2020, 10:34:01 PM
"I think the old twat at the end of the video is a long-term Nazi and holocaust denier who Hope Not Hate have documented many times."

It's Piers Corbyn, Jeremy's brother!

Is it really?

Oops! Apologies to that long-term Nazi and holocaust denier I was thinking of then. He's aalright.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: jobotic on May 09, 2020, 10:42:21 PM
Is it really?

Oops! Apologies to that long-term Nazi and holocaust denier I was thinking of then. He's aalright.

All I know is he's a climate change denier.

idunnosomename

piers corbyn is a fucking loony and im surprised there was less focus on him on the corbyn smearing. even if what the fuck does it reflect on you what your brother gets up to

The Crumb

Quote from: Pink Gregory on May 09, 2020, 11:10:11 PM
All I know is he's a climate change denier.

If only human society would collectively deny it, maybe it would fuck off to a different planet!

Fambo Number Mive

Surprised the police aren't issued with masks, especially as the people they are dealing with are highly likely to be infected.

Petey Pate

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 10, 2020, 12:30:50 AM
piers corbyn is a fucking loony and im surprised there was less focus on him on the corbyn smearing. even if what the fuck does it reflect on you what your brother gets up to

Piers was touted by some right wingers as a the 'good Corbyn brother', because of his climate change denial.

Fambo Number Mive

More idiots protesting today, this time across the UK. The Evening Standard described the 40 people protesting in Hyde Park as "activists". Reports the police attending did not have PPE. It's particuarly important police have PPE when dealing with people who think Coronavirus is fake as they're less likely to follow social distancing.  Four arrests according to LBC.

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1261637825784541184

The planned mass gathering in Oxford didn't take place according to the local media.

Around 20 or so people protesting in Glasgow judging by the photographs (and Irn-Bru DOES NOT help protect against covid): https://twitter.com/RyanMaherSTV/status/1261625711095246848

According to Sky there were protests in Germany which surprised me, I thought people in Germany were more sensible about coronavirus than in the UK.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-germany-infection-rate-rises-just-days-after-lockdown-eased-11986167

Nothing more irritating than those who hector people about failing to abide by impractical 'social distancing' rules in order to prevent the inevitable spread of a disease with a 99.9% survival rate and which is symptomless in the majority. Meanwhile the COVID Health Service neglects people with actually dangerous conditions like cancer and heart disease. I doubt such people are even concerned about public health, they're just personally inadequate busybodies who get a kick out of grassing up their neighbours because they failed to applaud the NHS on a Thursday night.

imitationleather

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 16, 2020, 02:28:55 PM
More idiots protesting today, this time across the UK. The Evening Standard described the 40 people protesting in Hyde Park as "activists". Reports the police attending did not have PPE. It's particuarly important police have PPE when dealing with people who think Coronavirus is fake as they're less likely to follow social distancing.  Four arrests according to LBC.

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1261637825784541184

The planned mass gathering in Oxford didn't take place according to the local media.

Around 20 or so people protesting in Glasgow judging by the photographs (and Irn-Bru DOES NOT help protect against covid): https://twitter.com/RyanMaherSTV/status/1261625711095246848

According to Sky there were protests in Germany which surprised me, I thought people in Germany were more sensible about coronavirus than in the UK.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-germany-infection-rate-rises-just-days-after-lockdown-eased-11986167

Plenty of idiots in Germany at the moment, kicking some balls around. BBC cheerleading it.

jobotic

Quote from: Wanking Monk of Kefalonia on May 16, 2020, 03:09:11 PM
Nothing more irritating than those who hector people about failing to abide by impractical 'social distancing' rules in order to prevent the inevitable spread of a disease with a 99.9% survival rate and which is symptomless in the majority. Meanwhile the COVID Health Service neglects people with actually dangerous conditions like cancer and heart disease. I doubt such people are even concerned about public health, they're just personally inadequate busybodies who get a kick out of grassing up their neighbours because they failed to applaud the NHS on a Thursday night.

No deal Brexiter by any chance?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Wanking Monk of Kefalonia on May 16, 2020, 03:09:11 PM
quick quick go to a covid ward and huff the virus-laden breaths of a dying old woman to prove how totally not dangerous it is

Abnormal Palm

Piss poor turnout. Don't give the attention seeking ignorant iconoclasts any mind.

Fambo Number Mive

Several hundred there now according to the BBC. Six arrests. It's laughable how little consequence there is for these people.

jobotic

Several hundred? It was 36 a couple of hours ago.

Quote from: jobotic on May 16, 2020, 04:15:42 PM
Several hundred? It was 36 a couple of hours ago.

They're free men, not numbers.

jobotic

Johnny Yesno

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Actually I feel no antipathy towards the two bald sausages and man-non-number. The 30 odd people filming and photographing the 'protest' are far worse. The self-interest dripping off them "we're guerrilla journalists...like in those movies! YEEAAAH"

idunnosomename

Quote from: jobotic on May 16, 2020, 04:24:46 PM
I AM A FREE
I AM NOT MAN
A NUMBER

Got it?
ok its all over twitter but it is genuinely fuckin hilarious