Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:39:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anti-lockdown protest in London by dangerous idiots

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 09, 2020, 06:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Imagine fucking that up then going 'meh, it'll be ok'.

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 16, 2020, 04:04:14 PM
Piss poor turnout. Don't give the attention seeking ignorant iconoclasts any mind.

Is this the hyde park protest?

jobotic

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 16, 2020, 05:11:37 PM
ok its all over twitter but it is genuinely fuckin hilarious

I didn't know that. I'm an original thinker.

king_tubby

No fucker turned up at the one in Hyde Park, Leeds.

COWARDS. BOOT LICKERS.

Fambo Number Mive

A few of the protesters were wearing masks, which while obviously preferable to not wearing a mask is somewhat ironic.

batwings

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 16, 2020, 06:02:57 PM
A few of the protesters were wearing masks, which while obviously preferable to not wearing a mask is somewhat ironic.

To be fair, I don't think all protestors want to go straight back to exactly how it was, some may be in favor of reopening the economy with some safety measures or precautions in place. As with most things, there's some nuance in perspective and motive.

There are people who are either able to work from home or who are doing alright off the unemployment/stimulus payments, but there are plenty who aren't (freelancers and immigrants, in the US at least, are completely fucked). As the data increasingly shows that the mortality rate for infection in under-60s to be lower and lower (currently around 0.02% under 45, 0.3% under 60) and many hospitals are no longer (or were never) overwhelmed, I think it's understandable for people to start wanting to work again without having to be a right wing nutter/would-be grandma murderer. Factor in kids being out of school and it becomes even more understandable.

My concern now is that we're going to see a significant spike in suicides to go along with the spikes in unemployment, closed businesses and general recession/depression we're heading into. It's truly grim how much I'm seeing the poor and mentally ill being told to just buck up and watch Netflix by the same people who previously claimed to be their greatest allies, not to mention how pleased people are to welcome in frankly terrifying extensions to government surveillance and control. Overall, these things would seem to have more severe and more lasting effects to a significantly larger number of people than the virus itself would have in the long-run. But it's become such a politicised, stubborn, "Us vs. Them" media shitshow that it's become impossible for there to be any kind of sensible conversation about it.

Fuckitpost.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

RTÉ says they arrested 19 people. Saw the guy with the massive David Icke placard in the crowd.

idunnosomename

re Piers it's interesting to see Jeremy's son say he's an embarrassing crank and him get piled on by Sussex Friends of Israel (lol no really) etc

https://twitter.com/TommyCorbyn/status/1261730942793789441

idunnosomename

piers is jeremy's elder brother but thomas is jeremy's middle child from his second marriage to claudia bracchitta

confirming this took me to a load of results from the express and the sun that made out Jezza was some sort of maniac for having three wives. unlike bozza who is just basically churchill, the god to lead us to the promised land

JesusAndYourBush

There was one planned in Leeds.  I'm told that about 16 people turned up and stood around aimlessly (and socially distanced) before buggering off after a short time.  Wouldn't surprise me if none of them were 'proper' protesters and that they'd all turned up to gawp/take photos.

greencalx

It was said of the Edinburgh protest that there were more journalists covering it than bona fide protestors.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 17, 2020, 12:57:36 AM
piers is jeremy's elder brother but thomas is jeremy's middle child from his second marriage to claudia bracchitta

confirming this took me to a load of results from the express and the sun that made out Jezza was some sort of maniac for having three wives. unlike bozza who is just basically churchill, the god to lead us to the promised land

Somehow knowing who all your kids are isn't a virtue, it would seem.

GMTV

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 16, 2020, 02:28:55 PM
Around 20 or so people protesting in Glasgow judging by the photographs (and Irn-Bru DOES NOT help protect against covid): https://twitter.com/RyanMaherSTV/status/1261625711095246848

Scotland had been informed of the covid virus about to be unleashed, and of course the best way to protect the nation was to release a new version of irn bru.

jobotic

Someone in that thread has pointed out that one of the protesters is also Scottish Defence League. Funny that

phantom_power

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 17, 2020, 12:16:01 AM
re Piers it's interesting to see Jeremy's son say he's an embarrassing crank and him get piled on by Sussex Friends of Israel (lol no really) etc

https://twitter.com/TommyCorbyn/status/1261730942793789441

Fucking hell, the replies in there are depressing. Not just the sentiment but the fact that each of the cunts think they are the first to say "two including Jeremy eh!"!!1!" and that it is true and hilarious

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: greencalx on May 17, 2020, 08:16:34 AM
It was said of the Edinburgh protest that there were more journalists covering it than bona fide protestors.

I went to a beer festival in Leeds and walked past a prick from the EDL out doing a protest with a PA. There were more police horses than people listening to him.