Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,478
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:38:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Werewolves of London Mafia Day 2

Started by MSG, May 09, 2020, 09:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSG

At sunrise Town's daily Zoom meeting opens up. You nervously brush your hair and tighten your bathrobe as you wait to hear what the night hath wrought.

FerriswheelBueller... Paul Calf... Jim Bob... kittens... Cuellar... drummersaredeaf... Gregory Torso... pancreas... shiftwork2... Angrew Lloyg Wegger... Buelligan... They're all here!

Can it be? No overnight deaths?

It seems it is so. The only problem is, Jim Bob, Angrew Lloyg Wegger and Paul Calf all have audio problems.

Game day 2 has now commenced and will end at 10 PM Sunday 10 May UK time, i.e. just over 24 hours.

Jim Bob, Angrew Lloyg Wegger and Paul Calf are suspended from the game for breaching the post-nightfall posting rule, and cannot post or vote on game day 2.

BlodwynPig also broke this rule by responding to Jim Bob and is getting a warning.

Folks, this is absolutely your last warning. From now on it's godkills all the way down.

Quote from: MSG on May 09, 2020, 10:00:04 AM
Players: DO NOT POST in the game thread after nightfall. Ever. The next person who does will be gagged from posting in the following day's game thread. Anyone after that will be godkilled, no questions asked.

kittens

i was wrong about selectivememory. dunno why they didn't kill anyone. only person i'm suspicious of is paul calf, but that's for the same reason i was suspicious of selectivememory and that was wrong.

i notice our mayor is characteristically absent. too busy exposing hobbies of better mayoral candidates most likely. receiving a cocaine and champagne enema second most likely.

Cuellar

YOU'RE the goddamned mayor of this shit horse one hole town.

God why couldn't the weremen have got me last night. I left my windows open and made 'come hither' looks into the black.

Whoever IS a wereman is an utter disgrace. A real jerk. An idiot.

Ferris

Right, I'm going to respect selectivememory by selectively remembering that he asked us to smite kittens, JimBob or myself. I'm a goodie so bollocks to that.

Vote player JimBob

Ferris

Can we ask the policeman/lady to post their findings? Or does that put them at risk as paedo-finder wolf-finder general?

kittens

Quote from: Cuellar on May 09, 2020, 11:10:08 PM
YOU'RE the goddamned mayor of this shit horse one hole town.

God why couldn't the weremen have got me last night. I left my windows open and made 'come hither' looks into the black.

Whoever IS a wereman is an utter disgrace. A real jerk. An idiot.

you are right. i am the mayor. silly me. i am the mayor.

pancreas

I am going to bed now, but there will be hell to pay for this insolence, kittens. You stood against me and you lost. Now I will destroy you utterly.

Vote kittens

Ferris

Right, I've run the numbers in my head. Now 8 townies, and 3 werewolves, right? So we need to nail one of the baddies to the door asap. That leaves a pretty decent ratio to win the game.

I'm pretty sure JimBob is one. And I'm a bit drunk, so bollocks to it - I'm the town rozzer, and Shiftwork2 is a confirmed baddie so you want to get him quicksmart. Pretty sure kittens/buelligan is one and all.

Now - maybe this is a clever bluff, but I've had 3 Guinness so it isn't. If I'm lynched, fair enough, you'll find out tomorrow that I genuinely was the town rozzer (it's why I kept bringing it up yesterday and today you clowns) and you'll know for a fact ol' shiftwork is up to no good because I checked him out last night after noticing he was the first one to suggest (and then vote for) selectivememory (a train upon which I foolishly jumped aboard, though sm was being very tactics-y so I absolve myself there).

Call it my kamikaze approach to this. One townie (me, if I get lynched because this is perceived as some mad double-bluff) traded for one werewolf (sw, assuming everyone follows my lead and goes after him the following day once the truth is confirmed). That would leave the town in a decent position to close out the game. I'd also ask the doctor to protect me if possible, though not 100% how that works and to be honest I'm not gonna check because I want to inject a bit of anarchy into proceedings after kittens' boring "no kill :'( :'( pls" approach.

If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end, as to be worthy of rememberance.

vote player shiftwork

Awful outcome yesterday. No idea why no wolf kill. If that because they forgot, or want to make it look like the inactive are lycan? Surely the clever approach today is to lynch who 'the cop' says and if he turns out town then 'the cop' is surely wolf and so can be lynched. So, that established, vote shiftwork.

If incorrect, then Ferris gon be chopps the night after for being a big fat liar.

Ferris

^exactly - if I'm lying, then you get to string me up the next day.

It's win-win for the town. There's no risk and the only way it makes sense for either team is if I'm telling the truth. If I'm lying, you get me right after, and for a wolf that tradeoff makes no sense.

Though the wolves will deffo eat me tomorrow night so you'll be sans copper after that. I reckon it's worth it to take out a wolf and get the ratio looking alright. Best of luck to you after I'm a wolfy snack. So it's not great for me, but that's alright #TheGreaterGood

Ferris

Pancreas/kittens/future mayor once this shakes out, please put a statue up in the main square.

Add the text "his knob was massive, baseball is great, and he was right on this one" on the plaque.

Ok cheers.

Gregory Torso

I yawn, stretch, roll out of bed, bottles clanking, ashtray full of fag ends cascading down across my enormous phocine gut. Outside, pigeons throbbing in the roof gutters, old Mrs Noxagt next door eyeing me with her baleful old lady's stare as I tentatively open my front door to her gleeful cawing announcement that... all is well?

OK, that bollocks out of the way, what is actually going on?

No werewolf kills last night. Three people suspended from the game. People already eager to get another lynching done.

I request pancreas, as our so-far trusted leader, come in and advise on what to do.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 09, 2020, 11:17:26 PM
Right, I'm going to respect selectivememory by selectively remembering that he asked us to smite kittens, JimBob or myself. I'm a goodie so bollocks to that.

Also, I'm with Ferris on this. Shame on you for stringing up an innocent man last night.

kittens

the past is the past, we must move forward. shame on you for mentioning the past.

i'm going to trust ferris even though he is bad and untrustworthy. if he's wrong, he's dead tomorrow anyway.

vote shiftwork

Buelligan

I'm bemused, just woke up.  Why wasn't there a kill last night?  We need to think about that.  Is it repeatable?  And why are you throwing shade on me Ferris?  Answers please.  Less drama, more answers.

shiftwork2

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 10, 2020, 01:35:26 AM
ol' shiftwork is up to no good because I checked him out last night after noticing he was the first one to suggest (and then vote for) selectivememory

I didn't vote for anyone you plum.  I didn't even suggest anybody else did - lynchings on day one just knock out a townie.  I suggest others re-read yesterday's play and make up their own minds.

Vote ferris

shiftwork2

And, actually ferris actually did get selectivememory lynched.

kittens

oh yeah. damn. who is the cop then. maybe one of the silenced players.

unvote shiftwork
vote ferris

Buelligan

Tempted to vote Ferris now, slightly peeved, but will wait for more answers.

Ferris

So lynch me this time if you want, but get shifty shiftwork next time once I'm proved right. You've got a chance to get both of us one after the other and I'm willing to make that trade off, but if you all leave me in one more round and believe me first rather than getting me, I can investigate someone else for the town and communicate my findings tomorrow if I survive.

I guess I could be making a triple bluff as I'm a werewolf and I'm making a bid to be a late-gamer by giving up one of our own to solidify my own townie credentials - but even then, it's a great deal because you still get a werewolf gone, and the wolves don't have a choice to leave me in the game because I'm the town copper and I've sniffed out one of them already. They have to get me and prove I'm right. If they leave me in for multiple rounds then you can get suspicious, but they don't have that option so it won't happen.

The smart werewolf play is to agree with me right at the end once it's a fait accompli, so watch out for late voters trying to burnish their townie credentials if I don't make it out. Insomnia posting at 4.30am due to the 4 tins of Guinness: there's some proof for you. Feel like shit.

MSG

The Living   Votes         
1   FerriswheelBueller   2   shiftwork2   kittens   
2   Paul Calf            
4   Jim Bob   0   FerriswheelBueller      
5   kittens   1.5   pancreas      
7   Cuellar            
13   drummersaredeaf            
14   Gregory Torso            
16   pancreas            
17   shiftwork2   2   FerriswheelBueller   drummersaredeaf   kittens
21   Angrew Lloyg Wegger            
23   Buelligan            

The Dead            
12   selectivememory   Lynched Day 1         

kittens

shiftwork2

How come no overnight kill?  They will have gone for mayor pancs - did the doc protect him?

kittens

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 10, 2020, 09:58:17 AM
So lynch me this time if you want, but get shifty shiftwork next time once I'm proved right. You've got a chance to get both of us one after the other and I'm willing to make that trade off, but if you all leave me in one more round and believe me first rather than getting me, I can investigate someone else for the town and communicate my findings tomorrow if I survive.

I guess I could be making a triple bluff as I'm a werewolf and I'm making a bid to be a late-gamer by giving up one of our own to solidify my own townie credentials - but even then, it's a great deal because you still get a werewolf gone, and the wolves don't have a choice to leave me in the game because I'm the town copper and I've sniffed out one of them already. They have to get me and prove I'm right. If they leave me in for multiple rounds then you can get suspicious, but they don't have that option so it won't happen.

The smart werewolf play is to agree with me right at the end once it's a fait accompli, so watch out for late voters trying to burnish their townie credentials if I don't make it out. Insomnia posting at 4.30am due to the 4 tins of Guinness: there's some proof for you. Feel like shit.

i pretty much believe you. but why did you say shiftwork was the first to suggest and vote for lynching SM when he did neither. huh mister?

Buelligan

And why did you vote for Jim Bob if you knew Shiftwork was the baddie.  And why did you say I was if you knew it was Shiftwork?

shiftwork2

I voted ferris MSG, not Jim Bob.  Ta.

Ferris

Didn't he? That was my basis for investigating him actually. Might have asked mods to investigate wrong name because I'm twat but either way, it's a lucky break for the town that I'm trying to capitalize on.

I figure how often does the cop get a guess right and provide value to the town? I'm guessing with all the shifting sands, not much, so I got lucky (though I'm sure there was some reason I investigated...) and I want to press that advantage home.

I suppose 4th option - I'm just a regular townie organizing a bizarre kamikaze on another townie (or I'm just taking a shot in the dark for no reason) just to get us both gone to try and ruin the game. I'm many things, but I wouldn't be a dickhead like that because this game is fun and it'd be senseless to ruin it for a laugh or whatever. Either way - you get to test me and see I'm telling the truth right away.

Do not forget about that statue in the town square. Cast bronze MINIMUM.

Need to sleep now.

kittens

Quote from: Buelligan on May 10, 2020, 10:04:59 AM
And why did you vote for Jim Bob if you knew Shiftwork was the baddie.  And why did you say I was if you knew it was Shiftwork?

haha. oh yeah. fucking hell ferris.

definitely vote player ferris

Ferris

Quote from: Buelligan on May 10, 2020, 10:04:59 AM

Was trying to be clever and disguise my copperish ways, but then I thought about it a bit more (and had another Guinness) and thought fuck it let's go with the honesty approach.

MSG