Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,400
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:08:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Werewolves of London Mafia Day 2

Started by MSG, May 09, 2020, 09:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

i'm just gonna do the exact opposite of what pancreas wants. fuck the mayor

kittens

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 10, 2020, 03:53:30 PM
Also - the name you gave is completely up for discussion.  It doesn't fit the theme at all.  I'd like all players to reflect on how their character names fit either London or Werewolves.  Yours does neither because you made it up in a hurry when pressed.

Admittedly a tiny bit out on a limb with this but it's what I've seen in the Blackadder game and my own character name.  Which, rather excellently, is Terry McCann out of Minder.

this was posted on the previous page seconds before i made my hilarious post

kittens

the name i was given was warren zevon. do not know who that is.

shiftwork2

Quote from: kittens on May 10, 2020, 03:55:10 PM
the name i was given was warren zevon. do not know who that is.

Here he is. Terrible plodding song and probably marks you out as mafia tbh.

Buelligan

Quote from: pancreas on May 10, 2020, 03:46:56 PM
All this talking is just making me want to kill kittens. I want to kill him so bad.

I don't want to kill kittens but I do want something more.  Ferris is saying Shiftwork's a wolf.  But he also said select was one.  Select's dead and he wasn't one.  He said Jim Bob's a wolf, also me, also kittens.  We can't have five wolves, so it's certain that he's accused innocent people, a minimum of two.  Though I'm guessing more.

I need some facts, actual reasons for suspecting Shiftwork or anyone else he's accused, otherwise I don't see any reason for going with one person's hunch or another's.  Without facts we might as well follow our own suspicions.

Ferris

[quote author=shiftwork2 link=topic=80071.msg4190322#msg4190322 date=1589122410]
Admittedly a tiny bit out on a limb with this...[/quote]

Lol say it ain't so! You don't have a defence really, sorry to put you in this situation but thems the breaks. Gotta do what's right for the town.

Here's another one - if it really is scenario A, then you, as a townie, should be delighted that I'm giving myself up for no reason and should be basically cigs about the whole thing and willing to go either way because it's good for team townie and that should be your prime motivation, like how I am.

Buelligan

My name is Joseph Bazalgette btw.

shiftwork2

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 10, 2020, 03:51:42 PM
Have you seen my posts?

Come on, this isn't something I've put 0 thought into.

Yes you've been posting a lot of spreadsheets and claiming that you wouldn't have done this because it doesn't make any sense.  And I've agreed it absolutely doesn't, but you did and now you're committed to it.  Bad play from the wolves and now you can't get out of it.

I am very happy that the truth is going to come out.  I would however prefer not to get lynched to make that happen.  That enough motivation for you?

Ferris

Quote from: Buelligan on May 10, 2020, 04:03:22 PM
I don't want to kill kittens but I do want something more.  Ferris is saying Shiftwork's a wolf.  But he also said select was one.  Select's dead and he wasn't one.  He said Jim Bob's a wolf, also me, also kittens.  We can't have five wolves, so it's certain that he's accused innocent people, a minimum of two.  Though I'm guessing more.

I need some facts, actual reasons for suspecting Shiftwork or anyone else he's accused, otherwise I don't see any reason for going with one person's hunch or another's.  Without facts we might as well follow our own suspicions.

If you're looking for actual facts on who's a wole, I'm the only townie who has them unfortunately, and I've made a move that makes the most of the one fact I have for the town's benefit. You can't really disagree there, see scenarios above. My motivations are clearly pro-townie.

There is a difference between a hunch, and a stone cold accusation. I've mentioned hunches, but this is different. Unfortunately, without my sole fact all you have is supposition (unless you, the person reading this, are a wolf).

Again, even if you think I'm talking shite you should still go for old "out on a limb with my shifting defence" shiftwork because if I'm lying it makes no difference, and if I'm telling the truth (and my play here makes 0 sense unless I am), then we have a way better outcome.

I leave it in your hands.

Ferris

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 10, 2020, 04:09:51 PM
Yes you've been posting a lot of spreadsheets

You can claim anything with facts!

Buelligan

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 10, 2020, 04:09:55 PM
If you're looking for actual facts on who's a wole, I'm the only townie who has them unfortunately, and I've made a move that makes the most of the one fact I have for the town's benefit. You can't really disagree there, see scenarios above. My motivations are clearly pro-townie.

There is a difference between a hunch, and a stone cold accusation. I've mentioned hunches, but this is different. Unfortunately, without my sole fact all you have is supposition (unless you, the person reading this, are a wolf).

Again, even if you think I'm talking shite you should still go for old "out on a limb with my shifting defence" shiftwork because if I'm lying it makes no difference, and if I'm telling the truth (and my play here makes 0 sense unless I am), then we have a way better outcome.

I leave it in your hands.

I think that's really bad, you're subtly implying that if we don't go along with you, we must be guilty too.  Well, I know I'm not and I'm guessing that the other people you've accused know they aren't either.  Threatening innocent people destroys their trust in your assertions.

You're asking us to trust you more than Shiftwork and implying that if we don't, we'll be next.  Not good at all.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Buelligan on May 10, 2020, 04:07:08 PM
My name is Joseph Bazalgette btw.

Had to look it up but clear London reference there.

It would be good if we shared our character names I think.  Sounds like they're all real people, or fictional characters.  Apart from Ferris's that is.

Ferris

Quote from: Buelligan on May 10, 2020, 04:16:43 PM
I think that's really bad, you're subtly implying that if we don't go along with you, we must be guilty too.  Well, I know I'm not and I'm guessing that the other people you've accused know they aren't either.  Threatening innocent people destroys their trust in your assertions.

You're asking us to trust you more than Shiftwork and implying that if we don't, we'll be next.  Not good at all.

Like I say, you do you. I've got one wolf in the bag already. I'd like another but it's up to the people reading if I get the chance.

Again, I hope everyone reading remembers who is pushing back the most against the most straightforward game theory positive outcome you can have in this game.

Either way, I've played my one fact pretty well and I'll end up with a statue in the town square (as long as pancreas remembers).

For the record, I am PC Tony Stamp (who I see was in the Bill). Do not put that on my statue though.

Buelligan

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 10, 2020, 04:21:03 PM
Like I say, you do you. I've got one wolf in the bag already. I'd like another but it's up to the people reading if I get the chance.

Again, I hope everyone reading remembers who is pushing back the most against the most straightforward game theory positive outcome you can have in this game.

Either way, I've played my one fact pretty well and I'll end up with a statue in the town square (as long as pancreas remembers).

For the record, I am PC Tony Stamp (who I see was in the Bill). Do not put that on my statue though.

I'm not going to reply again  because you'll get onto me.  But you know, doubling down with the threats there.  And why did you lie about your name?  You said it was something else only a page ago.

Ferris

Quote from: Buelligan on May 10, 2020, 04:23:19 PM
I'm not going to reply again  because you'll get onto me.  But you know, doubling down with the threats there.  And why did you lie about your name?  You said it was something else only a page ago.

I gave an absurd name - names are an obfuscation tactic and I didn't want to rise to it.

Like I say, it's entirely up to you. I can't threaten because I don't have the power to follow through on those threats, the people reading and voting do. And what I'm saying is - my play has delivered one wolf regardless of whether you believe me or not, but if you vote shiftwork you get a load of Brucie Bonuses (and potentially a second wolf into the bargain).

If you don't believe me, then you can get me right after, I don't have some Machiavellian get-out clause. I've offered myself up for the good of the town, which again, is my motivation. Remember, the statue must be bronze MINIMUM.

kittens

Cuellar

I didn't even know there was a doctor who could save people.

I'm Jeremy Corbyn

Buelligan

Are you really?  I'm so jealous!

Cuellar

I am literally Jeremy Corbyn, it was me all along.

I am also JC in this game which makes it easier to remember. JC wouldn't be a wolf. Imagine a wolf growing a marrow! No.

Buelligan

I'd love to be Jeremy Corbyn, he's my hero!

Cuellar

pancreas

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 10, 2020, 04:34:37 PM
I gave an absurd name - names are an obfuscation tactic and I didn't want to rise to it.

I find this unconvincing. Besides, I would like to see kittens' body, on the sidewalk, oozing life.

gib

Jim Bob (0) FerriswheelBueller

kittens (1.5) pancreas

shiftwork2 (3) FerriswheelBueller, drummersaredeaf, kittens, kittens, kittens

FerriswheelBueller (1) shiftwork2, kittens, kittens

approx 3 hours and 29 minutes to go

kittens

looks like we're lynching shiftwork then. is everyone happy with this. if he's not wolfy, we just kill ferris tomorrow and it's all sorted, right?

Buelligan

I just don't know.  Can't bring myself to vote.  If the other three weren't banned I might feel different about it.  Right now, all of them could be wolves or one of them could be the cop or the doctor.  Any of those three, throughout today, could've said or done something that'd convince us in some direction. 

As it stands we've got this choice between trusting two people, without being able to consider those other three, and there doesn't seem any good reason to trust either of them. 

Fair play Ferris, you did throw the accusations about, you did threaten me a bit when I questioned you and you did lie, I can't really vote against Shiftwork with all of that in the background and no evidence I can see at all for doing it.  I have to abstain.

Cuellar

vote player ferris

Sorry, no choice mate x

gib

Jim Bob (0) FerriswheelBueller

kittens (1.5) pancreas

shiftwork2 (3) FerriswheelBueller, drummersaredeaf, kittens, kittens, kittens

FerriswheelBueller (2) shiftwork2, kittens, kittens, Cuellar

approx 10 minutes to go

kittens

christ if ferris has tricked me i am going fucking explode. can't wait til ten omg

MSG

NIGHTFALL

Do not post any more in this thread or you will be instantly God-killed

MSG

Shouts... Sounds of running feet... Ferris, kittens and drummers have cornered shiftwork in an alley behind Westminster where the cobblestones have strange pale stains. After holding back through the chase, a trembling kittens steps forward and raises the revolver.

As the shot rings out shiftwork2 screams "No-o-o!!"
Spoiler alert
and seems to change, and grow, and the cry changes to a howl. As the silver bullet strikes his heart, the werewolf falls, dead. It twitches once and reverts to human form.
[close]

As light fades,a sparrow chirps in the stillness.

shiftwork2 was
Spoiler alert
Duncan Marsh, and was a Werewolf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Werewolf_(1956_film)
[close]

Daybreak in 11 hours and 45 minutes. Night actions are due 1 hour before daybreak.