Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,471
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:08:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dorset Knob-eating Contest to be Held Online

Started by Cerys, May 10, 2020, 12:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Dorset Knob or a Dorset Know?

Dorset Knob
0 (0%)
Dorset Know
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Cerys

Fancy eating a knob in Dorset?  Well, you can't.  At least not if you don't have one to hand.  You can, however, eat a Dorset know online.

Dorset knobs, not recently.

idunnosomename

this sort of stuff should be completely exterminated by a team of totalitarian judges. lawgivers onto all of the mummers and dickheads rolling cheese down a hill. i am the law.

Jittlebags

Hmm

(Dorset Knob) eating contest.
Dorset (Knob eating) contest.

Pah.

Cerys

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 10, 2020, 01:02:13 AM
this sort of stuff should be completely exterminated by a team of totalitarian judges. lawgivers onto all of the mummers and dickheads rolling cheese down a hill. i am the law.

Nooooo!  You'll be saying next that they should grass over all the chalk horses and huge-dicked giants!

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

am i reading this right

somebody makes a kind of biscuit that's "thrice baked" so that it's dry and inedible without slathering it in honey and cream and also hard enough that you can throw the fuckers and play darts with them, and they're still considered food

i mean i thought our cuisine was shit but jesus

In a crossover with the pub nostalgia thread I grew up just down the road from this pub.

I have heard of the buns, but in all my time living in Dorset I never ate or even saw one.

Inspector Norse

I love knobs but I couldn't eat 15 whole ones, thus beating the world record set in 2015!

Inspector Norse

I had my first knob about ten years ago, courtesy of a work colleague. I was somewhat underwhelmed and felt no desire to repeat the experience. I understand some people like them with cheese on.

Tony Tony Tony

I worked with a guy years ago who came back from a business trip to Dorset with a few knobs. As mentioned up thread they were pretty much inedible unless slathered with other comestibles. We ended up throwing them out onto a roof outside the office window where even the normally unfussy London pigeons turned their beaks up at them. Which says something coming from a bird I have seen tucking into chunder chunks on the streets.