Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:50:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Re-opening schools

Started by Twit 2, May 10, 2020, 07:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnquark

DFE's chief scientific officer appeared before the Science and Technology Committee today. It was absolutely astonishing.

Highlights: https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1260571859466227713

Entire appearance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf0NjeNAkqI

jobotic

No "science" behind it. Children and teachers are part of Cummings herd immunity plans. Who gives fuck how many die?

There are all out attacks on trade unions coming from all over today, for the crime of wanting their members and children to be safe.

I wish to god Cummings had died after weeks in agony and distress on a ventilator. The man is shit.

finnquark

Arranging my classroom to best fit any idea of social distancing, I think I could get maybe 12 students in.

jobotic

How old are your students?

finnquark

Sixth form, so given the upper sixth are gone, they're all 16-17.

Twit 2

Brilliant. I hope that doesn't just get read by the people who already know it's true.

bomb_dog

They hope to open our local nursery on 1st June. How on earth are 2 to 3 year olds going to social distance?

Head Gardener

Twit 2

Quote from: bomb_dog on May 14, 2020, 08:15:11 AM
They hope to open our local nursery on 1st June. How on earth are 2 to 3 year olds going to social distance?

They will not be able to. This is patently unsafe. Boycott, kick up a fuss. Don't be cannon fodder for the hedge funds.

finnquark

The venerable Lord Blunkett was on Radio 4 earlier, claiming the unions are 'working against the interests of children'.

jobotic

How lovely. He attended my union's seminar for school staff last year to tell them how wonderful they all were. Now he wants them to get infected for the rich.

Quote from: bomb_dog on May 14, 2020, 08:15:11 AM

Confetti Jr has been going to his nursery for the past two weeks. The honest answer is they don't socially distance. The emphasis of his nursery is around outdoor play, and they wash their hands a lot, which might lessen risk of transmission to a degree.

jobotic

Biggy hero Isabel Oakshotte is doing her best to be the best at spreading Cumming's horseshit today, all to smear teaching unions for having the audacity to not be part of his death spreading.

It just be coincidence that these people are always Brexiters. Always was a death cult.

Fambo Number Mive

I think they are worried that if Johnson goes they won't get a no-deal Brexit. Therefore even if he rubs covid in people's faces they will still back him.

Twit 2

It's all kicking off. Headteacher's pulling their hair out, whatsapp groups overheating, unions going mental, parents sounding off on Facebook.

Rest assured, this is absolute BOLLOCKS.

Quote from: Cursus on May 14, 2020, 10:30:14 PM

FUCK OFFFFFFF!!!!!

That Mail cover is among the most repulsive things I've ever read. I've been directing most of my hatred towards the Express lately, because it's an absolute Tory-fellating comic compared to which the Mail is virtually The Morning Star, but this is loathsome. 

Twit 2

Yes, even by the Mail's standard of pure evil that is like a parody of inhumanity.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/preparing-for-the-wider-opening-of-schools-from-1-june/planning-guide-for-primary-schools#planning-what-to-teach-and-how

The state of that. How about, instead of headteachers giving themselves aneurysms trying to interpret that shite, you just - I don't know - NOT FUCKING OPEN SCHOOLS YET.

idunnosomename

truly fucking disgusting seeing these shills push workers back to a dangerous workplace (even if it's not dangerous for them personally) in order to keep their masters' capitalism ticking over. but the deluded shitheads who buy the mail will swallow it. just as well they are old and dont matter (i am the tolerant left)

finnquark

If I hear another meathead compare the UK to Denmark on a radio phone-in, I'm going to flip.

jobotic

A fellow steward did that today.

I'm shocked by the Daily Mail. How is that still possible?

I really don't think they're in step with the public though, for once.

jobotic

I have a long list of union members to speak to tomorrow, all scared about June 1st. I'll just ask them why they don't want to be heroes. Cowards.

Actually if it's safe what's heroic about it? Just going to work innit?

idunnosomename

im glad angela rayner is being bolshy for the unions and teachers. wonder how many other MPs will speak out against this really nasty and frankly quite scary stuff

What's happening with private and boarding schools at the moment?

finnquark

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on May 15, 2020, 09:14:13 AM
What's happening with private and boarding schools at the moment?

Desperately trying to stay solvent, I'd imagine they'll be back in ASAP.

Just like all the golden children lucky enough to teach at much-beloved MATs, led by the darling Chief Execs of the right who will open up to prove how safe it is.

Chief Exec. Of schools. Fucking disgusting.

Pranet

Those journalists do realise that their children will be taking the virus home with them don't they?

jobotic

Quote from: Pranet on May 15, 2020, 10:37:39 AM
Those journalists do realise that their children will be taking the virus home with them don't they?

For the nanny to catch.

djtrees

Liverpool schools only opening up after half term for children of keyworkers. I've done a week in my school which has been a hub for 4-5 local schools in the area. I think that there will probably be 20-30 kids at the very most in. Not sure what we are meant to do with them. But I await further instruction from the head.

This seems more sensible than, just open the gates and get them back on the 1st. But that was never going to happen, and once again it's show how the tory cunts are managing the return to normal. Announce something fucking ridiculous, get people who actually know what is going on to say "hold on a minute", shit up the general population, get the right wing media aboard as part of a propaganda drive, people who know what's going on (teachers, doctors, unions etc) formulate their own plans, tory cunts say "see told you it was managable", continue to underfund public services whilst clapping their money grabbing paws red raw on thursdays between 8:00 - 8:01.

Ah well it was a good run while it lasted, back to forcing tiny brains through ridiculous hoops to no apparent end. YAY EDUCATION!

Butchers Blind