Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:34:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Re-opening schools

Started by Twit 2, May 10, 2020, 07:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Soviets

And when I'm not fuming at you and your fucking ways I'M FUCKING WORKING!

I feel like all my pints got spilled at once.

Fambo Number Mive

EDIT: Never mind, a bit unfair of me

bgmnts

Imagine being a kid and not being in an affected school. It'd be like that heartbreak when it's snowing outside and you're one of the few schools still open, but times a billion.

Fambo Number Mive

From the BBC:

QuoteJoyce is a teacher in London and writes: "We have just received our phased going back to school [pack] today.

"It seems to be talking about the childrens' needs and not the staff needs.

"It looks as if teachers will have to clean down books, toys, tables etc."

"I will be commuting into school on busy trains, so when I am in school I am potentially spreading the virus to the children, work colleagues and then onto my husband and possibly other people that live in my community."

"I would also like to say that the school has not put in place any social distancing with our vulnerable and keyworkers.

"We are having to take our own anti bac spray into school. It is difficult to social distance children, as they like to sit next to each other and, no matter how hard we try, it is impossible to achieve this.

"I am worried about this return to work, I would prefer to see more scientific measures, reassuring a safer return to work."

idunnosomename

Adonis' free fall in twitter followers makes glinner look consistent. This is like when jo maughan clubbed that fox, except hes doing it to the nations children just to make tony smile

jobotic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on May 21, 2020, 10:57:21 AM
Teachers are the new Enemy Within. Unions are the new KGB.

https://twitter.com/DCBMEP/status/1263350826636099584

Bannerman: EX MEP for East Anglia

QuoteWhat I believe in:

Britain must withdraw from the EU political union & have a trade-only relationship. Only the Conservative Party can achieve this – not UKIP
Being tough on immigration – it's about space not race
Strong defence and larger armed forces
Scrapping the perverse Human Rights Act so we can deport evil terrorists & criminals
Benefits for the needy not the workshy
Prioritising the East of England for support
Promoting East Anglia's smaller businesses as well as larger companies
Lowering taxes and cutting energy bills to promote growth
Decent pensions & elderly care
Upholding traditional Conservative policies such as grammar schools, not Metropolitan policies such as gay marriage.

jobotic

I think he could win back the traditional Labour voters that dunelm has been on about.

phantom_power

It should be news to Corbyn that the left control the media anyway

idunnosomename

Funny how never see working class rural gays huh

Twit 2

Quote from: jobotic on May 21, 2020, 11:28:30 AM
I think he could win back the traditional Labour voters that dunelm has been on about.

Or just dunelm.

Fambo Number Mive

Department for Education has published its guidance Early Years and childcare settings reopening on 1 June:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/preparing-for-the-wider-opening-of-early-years-and-childcare-settings-from-1-june

Funny how they did this on the Sunday of a Bank Holiday weekend, almost like they don't want many people to read it.

Some points

QuoteProviders must meet the following indoor space requirements:

children under 2 years need 3.5 metres squared per child
2 year olds need 2.5 metres squared per child
children aged 3 to 5 years need 2.3 metres squared per child

QuoteConsider how snacks and meal times can be planned to ensure groups of children are kept together. Where possible, staff meetings and training sessions should be conducted virtually and staff should remain at a safe distance from each other during breaks, including in staff rooms or other staff areas in the setting. While in general groups should be kept apart, brief, transitory contact, such as passing in a corridor or when moving to a different part of the setting, is low risk.

QuoteThe majority of staff in childcare settings will not require PPE, beyond what they would normally need for their work, even if they are not always able to maintain distance of 2 metres from others. PPE is only needed for children whose care routinely already involves the use of PPE, or if a distance of 2 metres cannot be maintained from any child displaying coronavirus symptoms. Further information on what this means for early years settings is provided in section 4 of this guidance.

QuoteA facemask should be worn if a distance of 2 metres cannot be maintained from a child who is symptomatic and awaiting collection and if contact is necessary, then gloves, an apron and a facemask should be worn. If a risk assessment determines there is a risk of splashing to the eyes, for example from coughing or spitting, then eye protection should also be worn. Settings should ensure they are prepared to respond in line with the guidance on protective measures in education and childcare settings and guidance on using PPE in education, childcare and children's social care settings.

Do all the "providers" have enough masks, gloves, aprons and eye protection?

Sounds like a massive job for the staff.