Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:10:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Blackadder II Mafia Day 3: Potato

Started by MSG, May 10, 2020, 10:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishfinger

Quote from: This isnt witty sorry on May 12, 2020, 12:20:27 AM
His objection was sound but him fishing for the one bit of info you were hiding knackered him.

Yeah, but for my part, at that point I was so sure he was painting the biggest target evah on himself, I thought well I'll be as annoying as possible about it. Ironically, the thing I deliberately didn't reveal at the time was, I thought, somewhat meaningless (although it skewered his argument) and the final thing I never revealed would've possibly swung the game.

All of which is to say, what a game! Holy shit. Not sure I want to do it again anytime soon but yeah, it was really fun. Again, sorry Rizla got bumped for me.

earl_sleek

It's mad how small changes could've made things turn out completely differently. Like if Pijlstaart hadn't jailed me when he did, Rizla would've died for trying to masonise me, Fishfinger would've never entered the game and Day 3 would have gone down a completely different path.

More chillingly, this game is a good lesson in how easy it is to lie to and manipulate people via text, particularly on the internet. But maybe also a good way to get wise to it?

Its also a good lesson that defeat can be a good thing, as it actually means you can learn more about yourself, than you do when you win. or at least about a problem/ game etc.

Having the Zombie and Mafia board is good for exposing what you do through people that have different agendas. How many arguments have we had in life with people and felt like shit later when we learnt something more about the people we argued with.

MSG

I deliberately did not tell you Earl was jailed. It's one of those things that you don't get told, and you as Town players have to work out.

Knowing there was a jailer, you might have inferred the reason your mason attempt failed was because he was jailed. If you had reached out in the game to the jailer, and Pijls had confirmed the jailing of Earl, you could have built trust and confirmed each other as Town, which would have then given you 3 confirmed Town including hedgehog, who Rizla masoned on night 1. A few ifs in there, but that is the game.

I hadn't used the masoniser role before. In 1 way it is a lot more powerful than the Cop / Seer role used in the other games, because you then confirm each other as Town. But the downside is that a scum mason attempt would kill the Masoniser.

Spoon of Ploff

I think we scum played a good game, but were helped by some good luck and odd behaviour by townies

day 1: rue pretending to be flashheart made people focus on him and hedge
day 2: madhair voted for me, but didn't state a reason... even something as daft as 'didn't like the cut of his jib' might have got some traction
day 3: mayor and lynch voting patterns made it look like hedge and rizla/fish were part of a maff conspiracy, and the jailer failed to reveal who he was and got himself hung

i found it a very absorbing game - mainly down to the players and how they react and interact. it'll be interesting to compare all three matches.

madhair60

I'd like to play again but I still don't really understand what I'm supposed to do

DrGreggles

Quote from: madhair60 on May 12, 2020, 10:30:46 AM
I'd like to play again but I still don't really understand what I'm supposed to do

Ditto and ditto

Fishfinger

Quote from: MSG on May 12, 2020, 05:22:46 AM
I deliberately did not tell you Earl was jailed. It's one of those things that you don't get told, and you as Town players have to work out.

Knowing there was a jailer, you might have inferred the reason your mason attempt failed was because he was jailed. If you had reached out in the game to the jailer, and Pijls had confirmed the jailing of Earl, you could have built trust and confirmed each other as Town, which would have then given you 3 confirmed Town including hedgehog, who Rizla masoned on night 1. A few ifs in there, but that is the game.

It seems blindingly obvious in hindsight. Being convinced that Pjilstaart was a foe was the problem. I assumed the jailer was one of the quiet people and would naturally fall in line with a pile-on of the right target (oops), which seemed to be happening later on. I thought maybe Rizla's attempt had been Roleblocked and missed how significant the whole thing was.

I believe this is termed doing a bumdozy.

earl_sleek

Quote from: madhair60 on May 12, 2020, 10:30:46 AM

Accuse people of being bad 'uns. And if you don't like their answer, kill em.

I have a suspicion it makes a lot more sense once you've played as Mafia.