Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:15:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Blackadder II Mafia Day 3: Potato

Started by MSG, May 10, 2020, 10:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hedgehog90

btw the reason I voted for Blodwyn after a big song and dance about abstaining was because people were piling in on Rizla who I knew to be a Masoniser and a Townie.
Sploff and Blods both had 2 votes and I believed them both to be Townies... but I had to vote for one of them to save Rizla's ass.
tbh I never suspected Blods, Sploff on the other hand I was a little bit more wary of, but voting for Blods seemed like the best chance to save Rizla.

hedgehog90

At the end of the day, I only partly feel responsible for rue, but his death was mostly his own doing.
You forced me to kill Blodwyn to save our beloved Masoniser.
So I'm afraid most of the blame lies with you, Townies.
WELL PLAYED!

Cerys

Interesting that both hedgehog and round on me as soon as I show any sign of being a threat to hedgehog.  It's almost as if they're communicating behind the scenes - but we know, of course, that this is something that only scum would do.  In fact hedgehog admits to having had behind-the-scenes contact with Rizla!

Fishfinger

Any real Townie knows I'm telling the truth, because they know themselves that they're not the Masoniser, and no-one else will claim to be it now. And to those people I extend the funny handshake of friendship.

Cerys

Beshrew me, I forgot that the Masoniser can communicate behind the scenes.  This embarrasses me to the point of saying 'beshrew me'.  Unvote hedgehog90.

Cerys

Spoon of Ploff

At first I thought to thank Fishfinger for his timely intervention which may have prevented another miscarriage of justice. And also to beg forgiveness at having to force him into the light as a special, making him a marked fish. I also thought to beg the forgiveness of Hedgehog90 too... thinking my flawed computations had me mark him as the most dangerous one among us.

And yet they both then target sweet Cerys? Admittedly Hedgehog60 suspects me too, and how could I begrudge him that decision?

Do they form a network of townies? Are is this a most nefarious scum ploy? When our mayor voted to lynch himself I began to feel pity for the prickly fellow, thinking perhaps he was just out of his depth in trying to protect us, and exhausted at being accused by the very people he was trying to save... but then when Fishfinger made his dramatic announcement he says 'Well that's fucked whatever I was trying to do.'

I cannot vote Cerys just on their say so... but...

unvote hedgehog90

Pijlstaart

3 people know who the masoniser is, because 2 people will have been contacted.

If we asked everyone if they knew who the masoniser was without naming names, we'd get two groups: Rizla, Hedgehog90 + Another, and 3 unknowns. One group of those will inevitably be scum and the other won't, so we can't tell from a he-said, she-said.

There are two reasons the statements above compounds my belief that both rizla and hedgehog90 are mafia.

1:
The power of that group of 3 who know the masoniser is they are large enough to betray their existence whilst hiding who is the masoniser, because within that group, the masoniser has the most value and is the repository of information. "We, the network of Rizla, hedgehog90 and Unknown, have been communicating, as one of us is the masoniser" would make sense for a network incorporating the masoniser to say, as it lends weight to what they say, whilst providing only a 1/3 chance of the mafia killing the masoniser. That's what you'd do if you wanted to hide the masoniser. Barking out who is the masoniser is the action of someone who doesn't care to hide the masoniser amongst that group. If the "masoniser" label isnt valued in one group of 3, it is more likely it has been hastily plastered on a mafia member.

2:
hedgehog90 and rizla have only exposed 2 of the 3 people who know who the masoniser is. As stated above, either townies or mafia can claim they are that group of three, but it is only an advantage for town to name all 3 members, due to "Reason 1". However, by grouping yourself as a triplet, if you are mafia, you would need to openly align yourself with your third, unknown mafia member so they could back up what you said. If that third mafia member has flown under the radar, you are exposing them to unnecessary risk, so better to present yourself as a doublet, as hedgehog90 and rizla/fishfinger have.

If they were town, they would be devastatingly underplaying their hand right now, if they are mafia this is exactly how they'd frame it.

Spoon of Ploff

So many revelations and pronouncements. I need to think. I will away for a walk. I will rest beneath my favourite Quince tree and read the Sermon on the Mount.

Fishfinger

That is very clever, Pijlstaart, but wrong. There are a couple of things you don't know.

Pijlstaart

If you said dr greggles was the third spike of the network it would make sense to me, but not sure what else I couldn't know.

earl_sleek

We know that none of the dead players were the masonizer. They are still in the game. If Fishfinger was lying about it, the real masonizer is still here. I've been racking my brains in case I've missed something, but if Fishfinger is lying I cannot see any reason why the real masonizer wouldn't call him on it, as it would be all the evidence they need he is mafia. Yes, it would be difficult to prove, but at least there would be a chance of lynching him.

I suppose there is a chance they just haven't posted yet. So for the moment, unvote Fishfinger. If he's still not been called out in a couple of hours, I'll assume it's not going to happen and he's genuinely the Masonizer. By extension, this would also put Hedgehog in the clear.

It then implicates Cerys (does Fishfinger know something he hasnt shared?) and Pijlstaart (seems very eager to get Fishfinger).

Cerys

I know I'm not scum (I am in fact Lord Edmund Blackadder), but I agree that what earl_sleek says does somewhat implicate me.  I therefore vote earl_sleek.

Pijlstaart

If you read what I wrote I explained why the actual masoniser wouldn't call him on it, and even if someone did claim to know who the masoniser was, we would have no cause to believe them. If hedgehog/fishfinger are lying, there is a network of maximally 3 people who know who the masoniser is. Because that number is 3, there is plausible deniability that those 3 are mafia. This line of reasoning will only muddy the discourse, and is not worth discussing.

The two reasons I set out in my post above are the reasons an actual network including the masoniser would behave very differently to the way rizla and fishfinger have behaved today.

The masoniser HAS contacted 3 people. The masoniser has no reason to protect the identity of the third person. The mafia know who is town, so there is no benefit to protecting the third person, no conceivable benefit, and as I wrote above, it could have protected them. However, not naming that person would help fishfinger/Hedgehog if they were mafia, because the only person wo could vouch for them is the third mafia member, who they would expose.

Fishfinger read and responded to my post nearly two hours ago, but failed to name a third. That could not benefit a town player, but it would benefit a mafia player. That silence, whether it be to strategise alone or get input from other, is an overt admission of guilt.

To cerys, we cannot balkanise. There are not enough townies. Unite and vote Hedgehog90.

Pijlstaart

Quote from: Pijlstaart on May 11, 2020, 05:33:42 PM

The two reasons I set out in my post above are the reasons an actual network including the masoniser would behave very differently to the way rizla and fishfinger have behaved today.

Rizla/Fishfinger and hedgehog, damn this no-editing.

Fishfinger

Pijlstaart, you always seem to consider every possibility (based on the information you have) in depth, except one: that I'm telling the truth. The notion that you can dismiss that option because it would mean I/we were acting stupidly, is rather ludicrous when set against the cascade of failure that's been Townie play thus far. In fact, that I'm telling the truth and playing badly is much more likely.

To Townies in doubt, I get it, but please take what is a very reasonable gamble and stack the votes so that neither Hedgehog nor myself are lynched today.

Doing anything else throws the game to the scum.

Spoon of Ploff

Could madhair60 and Flouncer please confirm they are not the Masonisor?

I think its safe for you to do so.

gib

hedgehog90 (0) Pijlstaart, Spoon of Ploff, Cerys, hedgehog90

Fishfinger (1) madhair60, earl_sleek

Pijlstaart (0) Cerys

Flouncer (0) hedgehog90

Cerys (2.5) hedgehog90, Fishfinger

earl_sleek (1) Cerys

earl_sleek

Quote from: Cerys on May 11, 2020, 05:31:06 PM
I know I'm not scum (I am in fact Lord Edmund Blackadder), but I agree that what earl_sleek says does somewhat implicate me.  I therefore vote earl_sleek.

Vote Cerys

Fishfinger

With 3.5 against Cerys, unless I'm much mistaken[nb]entirely possible[/nb], if madhair will unvote then the scum cannot successfully ambush us near the deadline with a flurry of votes.  They might hide their votes in the pile-on, or not vote at all.

hedgehog90

I'm beginning to think Pijl is also scum, attempting to stop his scum-chum Cerys getting bumped by townfolk.
Either that or he's overthinking things.
btw I assume Pijl's plea to unite and vote against me was an official vote? If so, gib forgot to chalk it up.

Pijlstaart

Quote from: Fishfinger on May 11, 2020, 05:39:41 PM
Pijlstaart, you always seem to consider every possibility (based on the information you have)

Quote from: Fishfinger on May 11, 2020, 03:42:46 PM
That is very clever, Pijlstaart, but wrong. There are a couple of things you don't know.

For the life of me, I can't understand what this information could be. Masoniser enables you to communicate with other townies, yes?
Lets break down what information can be obtained:

1- That the people you contact are other townies. Useful to distribute information amongt your townie network to ensure you don't dogpile on a townie by accident. Clearly that aspect has failed thus far. Announcing who is a townie at this point doesn't give information to the mafia as they already know, it gives information to the rest of the townies.

2- Idle speculation about who is townie or mafia. This is speculation, there are No things that you know regarding this that I do not, as the people you are talking to are getting their information from the day-game, same as everyone else. Announcing hypotheses gleaned from the day game during the day game, on potentially the final game day is A) not some exclusive knowledge and B) Does not hurt townies.

3- That one of the people you have contacted is the Jailkeeper. Once again, naming your third contact is not naming them as jailkeeper or inferring someone in your circle is.

What am I missing, what potential information can you have, too sensitive to release, that I don't?

And gib, you ae wrong, I've voted hedgehog90 and I'm not moving it.

hedgehog90

The special information that Fishfinger is withholding could be that Rizla forgot or decided not to message anyone the previous night...

Pijlstaart

Not sure it takes 2 hours and another person to say it though.

hedgehog90

...Or Rizla/Fishfinger was put in jail and prevented from using his masonizing powers.

Fishfinger

Quote from: Pijlstaart on May 11, 2020, 05:53:38 PM
What am I missing, what potential information can you have, too sensitive to release, that I don't?

As hedgehog suggested, that's it really. You've assumed that all the attempts to contact people were successful. Not so. I'm going to go ahead and bet a slap-up meal at Mrs Miggins' Pie Shoppe that you won't be satisfied with that, and will suggest that it's incriminating.

I am the Masoniser and Hedgehog is also a Townie.

Fishfinger

I held onto that solely because I couldn't quite figure out if there might be negative consequences.

Spoon of Ploff

Fishfinger... Despite my earlier besmirching of your good name, I would urge you to think carefully about when you divulge this hidden information.. Too close to the deadline may not give us time enough to digest its contents with a clear enough head.

And unless madhair60 or Flouncer can provide a good enough reason why Fish is lying about being a special I am going to believe him.

With that in mind I will set my vote against Pijlstaart. Mayhaps this little jolt will help him see sense.

vote Pijlstaart.

Cerys

Quote from: gib on May 11, 2020, 05:44:59 PM
Cerys (2.5) hedgehog90, Fishfinger

What's happening here is a scum-induced pile-on.  If we look at who started it that should give some indication of who's scum.  For now, though, I'm going to unvote earl_sleek and revote hedgehog90.

hedgehog90

Just to clarify, I don't know what happened last night regarding Rizla/Fishfinger's night action because he only communicated with me once officially (as per the rules).

Interestingly, he did communicate with me a second time by accident on the second night, but with no pertinent information. He then sent an apologetic message realising he'd just broken the rules. I did not respond.
Then it all went Dr Who-ey and he transformed into a fishfinger.