Author Topic: PFFR - The Shivering Truth Season 2  (Read 1101 times)

NoSleep

• This is your Uncle Jim speaking
    • Space Is The Place
PFFR - The Shivering Truth Season 2
« on: May 11, 2020, 07:42:49 AM »
Started this week. Anybody seen it?

PlanktonSideburns

• time takes its toll, but not on the eyes
Re: PFFR - The Shivering Truth Season 2
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 08:15:18 AM »
Ah didn't realise

Couldn't get into s1 despite loving xavier, could never figure out why. Will give this season a go

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 11:27:08 AM »
Yeah, I really liked it, I can't say it makes me laugh a huge amount but I'm constantly impressed by the imagination and ideas on display, and it's a show I admire a great deal. It's possible I might find it funnier on a second viewing too, once I'm not being disturbed by what's taking place on screen.

Moribunderast

• What is your place in my glorification?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 11:56:31 AM »
THANK YOU DEARLY for the heads up. I loved the first season, as I do with seemingly everything PFFR put out. Very excited to dig in to this.

chveik

• DON'T GET THAT COVID, YEAH?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 02:28:06 PM »
where is it 'available'?

Small Man Big Horse

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 02:58:41 PM »
Right now I'm having to use the free Windscribe VPN to watch it on Adult Swim's website.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 04:00:52 PM »
Looking forward to it once it becomes available via dodgy enough channels that I can easily watch on my telly. Really enjoyed the first season but I am a PFFR tragic.

Ant Farm Keyboard

• 60 percent of the time, it works every time
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 05:07:38 PM »
The episode hasn't been uploaded so far on the usual channels. That's common with fringe shows.

Adult Swim has also paired the second season with a companion animated show, JJ Villard's Fairy Tales (just as they had bundled Beef House with Three Busy Debras), which seems to rely a lot on shock and toilet humor. It looks worse than Mr. Pickles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYadXQv-9r8

Small Man Big Horse

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 05:45:30 PM »
The episode hasn't been uploaded so far on the usual channels. That's common with fringe shows.

Adult Swim has also paired the second season with a companion animated show, JJ Villard's Fairy Tales (just as they had bundled Beef House with Three Busy Debras), which seems to rely a lot on shock and toilet humor. It looks worse than Mr. Pickles.

Yeah, it's pretty shit, Villard did a pilot called Trap Universe that I quite liked but this is just bland, shock humour by the numbers that didn't make me laugh once.

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 12:59:59 AM »
JJ Villard's Fairy Tales
Hard to imagine a less appealing thumbnail/description combo

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2020, 01:43:18 PM »
Well, S2E01 turned up on my TV by some means or another, and I watched it. If you liked S1, as I did, you'll like this.

I note that Julia Davis was mentioned in a list of guest voices for this season. Looking forward to that.

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 07:10:22 PM »
Pretty worried one of these things is going to hijack my soul one day.

chveik

• DON'T GET THAT COVID, YEAH?
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2020, 08:55:15 PM »
eps 2 and 3 are 'available'

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2020, 04:59:22 AM »
eps 2 and 3 are 'available'

What has been uploaded to torrent sites recently as episode 2 is just episode 1 again from what I can see. Would be nice if Adult Swim would just sort their shitty player out instead.

NoSleep

• This is your Uncle Jim speaking
    • Space Is The Place
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2020, 07:37:40 AM »
Numbering has been fucked because of the April 1st episode being included as part of the season by some rips (although it hasn't actually emerged).

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 07:05:31 PM »
Episode 3 doesn't seem to be easily available yet.

Does anyone also know what song was used for the end credits of the second episode (or the one with the mum sex doll)?

Small Man Big Horse

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 10:11:23 AM »

It's up on RarBg, and was on Monday morning as I was surprised to see it on there so soon.

« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 08:36:07 AM »

Does anyone also know what song was used for the end credits of the second episode (or the one with the mum sex doll)?

Aren't all the credit themes variations of the same song? I was about to say it sounds like some creepy folk song, but I just googled the "there's blood in the kitchen, there's blood in the hall" lyrics and it appears to be from a song called Long Lankin by Steeleye Span. I had never heard of this so apologies if it's common knowledge.

Anyway it sounds like the end credit themes to me are creepy folk versions of that particular part of the song.

« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 08:45:48 AM »
The end credits music is definitely different for each episode. I'm fairly certain that a Joanna Newsom track was used last season, though I don't recall if it was a cover version the Steeleye Span song you've linked.

« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 01:27:10 PM »
Yeah I just checked the first ep of season 1 and it was a different song. Episodes 2 and 3 of the current season are the Steeleye Span track, though I'm sure I remember the lyrics popping up in some end credit sequences on epidoes of Season 1 I watched on All 4 recently.

Tags: