Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:54:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PFFR - The Shivering Truth Season 2

Started by NoSleep, May 11, 2020, 07:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

PlanktonSideburns

Ah didn't realise

Couldn't get into s1 despite loving xavier, could never figure out why. Will give this season a go

Small Man Big Horse

Yeah, I really liked it, I can't say it makes me laugh a huge amount but I'm constantly impressed by the imagination and ideas on display, and it's a show I admire a great deal. It's possible I might find it funnier on a second viewing too, once I'm not being disturbed by what's taking place on screen.

Moribunderast

THANK YOU DEARLY for the heads up. I loved the first season, as I do with seemingly everything PFFR put out. Very excited to dig in to this.

chveik

Small Man Big Horse

Right now I'm having to use the free Windscribe VPN to watch it on Adult Swim's website.

sambwel

Looking forward to it once it becomes available via dodgy enough channels that I can easily watch on my telly. Really enjoyed the first season but I am a PFFR tragic.

Ant Farm Keyboard

The episode hasn't been uploaded so far on the usual channels. That's common with fringe shows.

Adult Swim has also paired the second season with a companion animated show, JJ Villard's Fairy Tales (just as they had bundled Beef House with Three Busy Debras), which seems to rely a lot on shock and toilet humor. It looks worse than Mr. Pickles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYadXQv-9r8

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on May 11, 2020, 05:07:38 PM
The episode hasn't been uploaded so far on the usual channels. That's common with fringe shows.

Adult Swim has also paired the second season with a companion animated show, JJ Villard's Fairy Tales (just as they had bundled Beef House with Three Busy Debras), which seems to rely a lot on shock and toilet humor. It looks worse than Mr. Pickles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYadXQv-9r8

Yeah, it's pretty shit, Villard did a pilot called Trap Universe that I quite liked but this is just bland, shock humour by the numbers that didn't make me laugh once.

sambwel

sambwel

Well, S2E01 turned up on my TV by some means or another, and I watched it. If you liked S1, as I did, you'll like this.

I note that Julia Davis was mentioned in a list of guest voices for this season. Looking forward to that.

Bence Fekete

Pretty worried one of these things is going to hijack my soul one day.

chveik

privatefriend

Quote from: chveik on May 19, 2020, 08:55:15 PM
eps 2 and 3 are 'available'

What has been uploaded to torrent sites recently as episode 2 is just episode 1 again from what I can see. Would be nice if Adult Swim would just sort their shitty player out instead.

NoSleep

Numbering has been fucked because of the April 1st episode being included as part of the season by some rips (although it hasn't actually emerged).

Petey Pate

Episode 3 doesn't seem to be easily available yet.

Does anyone also know what song was used for the end credits of the second episode (or the one with the mum sex doll)?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Petey Pate on May 26, 2020, 07:05:31 PM

It's up on RarBg, and was on Monday morning as I was surprised to see it on there so soon.

Obel

Quote from: Petey Pate on May 26, 2020, 07:05:31 PM

Does anyone also know what song was used for the end credits of the second episode (or the one with the mum sex doll)?

Aren't all the credit themes variations of the same song? I was about to say it sounds like some creepy folk song, but I just googled the "there's blood in the kitchen, there's blood in the hall" lyrics and it appears to be from a song called Long Lankin by Steeleye Span. I had never heard of this so apologies if it's common knowledge.

Anyway it sounds like the end credit themes to me are creepy folk versions of that particular part of the song.

Petey Pate

The end credits music is definitely different for each episode. I'm fairly certain that a Joanna Newsom track was used last season, though I don't recall if it was a cover version the Steeleye Span song you've linked.

Obel

Yeah I just checked the first ep of season 1 and it was a different song. Episodes 2 and 3 of the current season are the Steeleye Span track, though I'm sure I remember the lyrics popping up in some end credit sequences on epidoes of Season 1 I watched on All 4 recently.

Petey Pate

This season was definitely a lot more perplexing than the previous.

Julia Davis appears in episode 6 which I think this is the closest thing there has been to a PFFR/Chris Morris crossover so far.

sambwel

Quote from: Petey Pate on June 27, 2020, 02:58:07 PM

It felt like it took its concept further in that self-assured way a second season can, but I think it was also a lot tighter and more polished. I loved it.

Garam

Quote from: Petey Pate on June 27, 2020, 02:58:07 PM

Julia Davis appears in episode 6 which I think this is the closest thing there has been to a PFFR/Chris Morris crossover so far.

There was also Julian Barrett in the External World

madhair60

Petey Pate

Quote from: Garam on June 27, 2020, 09:05:12 PM
There was also Julian Barrett in the External World

Good memory! To split hairs though, that wasn't a PFFR production, although Chapman did co write it.

chveik

Blumf

There was some confusion with the first few eps, has that been sorted out?

sambwel

Quote from: Blumf on June 28, 2020, 12:35:50 AM
There was some confusion with the first few eps, has that been sorted out?

I think the confusion was around an episode that went out early as a preview. The TVDB listing is correct so any releases that follow this should be fine. https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-shivering-truth/seasons/official/2

NoSleep

Moribunderast

Absolutely adored this season. Felt more intense than the first but that may just be my memory failing me. I've gushed about PFFR enough on this forum over the years but the wordplay, the ideas, the almost stream-of-consciousness feeling of the storytelling (despite tightly woven-in themes and recurring motifs showing the writing is painstakingly crafted)... there's just nobody else that does what this group do, let alone as well as they do it. Watching a PFFR production gives me the same thrill as watching the great Chris Morris works or Nathan For You or the best Garry Shandling stuff. Just a really unique, singular voice behind the shows, always willing to take a risk while also, most importantly, being astoundingly fucking funny. Episode 2 with the Mum Doll had me in tears of laughter, as did Jason Mantzoukas' character in one episode.

Just brilliant stuff from a group who routinely create brilliant stuff.