Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:31:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PFFR - The Shivering Truth Season 2

Started by NoSleep, May 11, 2020, 07:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retinend

just watched episode one... PFFR is back on form! So good to see such creative fertility mixed with seriously high quality animation. Must-watch for everyone on the boards.

ProvanFan

Both seasons are on All 4, which I'm not sure I've used since Les Revenants first came out and it had a different name.

sambwel

Quote from: ProvanFan on July 07, 2020, 12:18:54 AM
Both seasons are on All 4,

Someone should big it up to Kermode & Mayo then and try and get it a wider audience: https://www.bbc.co.uk/send/u46703433?ptrt=https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000j453 - The thought had occurred to me before but (a) I'm not in the UK and (b) I didn't think the show was readily available there

garbed_attic

Only just gotten round to it... I think it's jaw-dropping. Probably closest to Xavier and Mindsploitation in terms of PFFR/ Chatman's previous output, but more willing to push the transcendental material beyond sheer mockery. I love how the unapologetically puerile or seemingly meaningless tautologies often manage to feel the most sublime. And the craft put into the stop-motion is immense.

Small Man Big Horse

Funnily enough I only watched the last three episodes of season 2 this week, I've no idea why I hadn't watched them before that either as I loved the first season / the first three episodes. But yeah, everything you say sums it up perfectly, episode 4 especially blew me away as to the insane inventiveness on display. It's one of those shows I want to share with everyone I know, but PFFR is definitely an acquired taste, after I watched the first Wonder Showzen I excitedly forced my sister to watch it after declaring it to be fucking amazing and she sat through it stony faced, and sadly I think this would get the same reaction from a lot of people I know.

garbed_attic

Ah SMBH at least there are a number of us who appreciate how ludicrously mind-searingly brilliant PFFR are (though The Heart She Holler intermittently lost me!)

Moribunderast

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 24, 2020, 10:06:41 PM
Funnily enough I only watched the last three episodes of season 2 this week, I've no idea why I hadn't watched them before that either as I loved the first season / the first three episodes. But yeah, everything you say sums it up perfectly, episode 4 especially blew me away as to the insane inventiveness on display. It's one of those shows I want to share with everyone I know, but PFFR is definitely an acquired taste, after I watched the first Wonder Showzen I excitedly forced my sister to watch it after declaring it to be fucking amazing and she sat through it stony faced, and sadly I think this would get the same reaction from a lot of people I know.

I have a similar thing trying to share PFFR shows to some people who I'm SURE will love them. Had better luck with Heart She and Shivering Truth but Xavier and Wonder Showzen I couldn't find a single person who enjoyed them anywhere near as much as I.