Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:50:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Werewolves of London Mafia Day 3

Started by MSG, May 11, 2020, 09:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSG

The sun rises on a cool, crisp morning. Thanks to coronavirus the air is clearer than most Londoners have seen in their lifetime. As the social distancing rules eased, some brave souls ventured into the streets overnight. Were they wise? You deploy the drone, and soon have your answer.

There in Trafalgar Square, in the shadow of Nelson's Column, you find a twisted and broken bicycle, fragments of a red tie, and a few scraps of beard hair. All that remains of
Spoiler alert
former Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn.
[close]

Spoiler alert
Cuellar
[close]
was
Spoiler alert
Jeremy Corbyn
[close]
, and was
Spoiler alert
Town
[close]

Jim Bob, Angrew Lloyg Wegger and Paul Calf have now returned to the fold, chastened, but with full posting and voting rights.

The Living         
1   FerriswheelBueller         
2   Paul Calf         
4   Jim Bob      
5   kittens         
13   drummersaredeaf         
14   Gregory Torso         
16   pancreas         
21   Angrew Lloyg Wegger         
23   Buelligan         

The Dead         
Spoiler alert
7   Cuellar   Jeremy Corbyn   Town   Killed Night 2
[close]
12   selectivememory   Sadiq Khan   Town   Lynched Day 1
17   shiftwork2   Duncan Marsh   Werewolf   Lynched Day 2

Day 3 starts now and will end in 24 hours and 32 minutes. Be good, or if you can't, be careful.

Paul Calf

I've returned from my shepherd's hut to London. Apologies for my absence, but I was told off by the beak and needed to get away from the hustle and bustle of the town.

Why does FerrisWheelBueller still walk among us, having outed himself?

pancreas

Yes, I rather wondered if it was an elaborate ploy: throw shiftwork under the bus to build his own credibility.

Ferris, as the mayor, I order you to explain why you are alive, please.

(But I should add that still want kittens dead, real bad, whatever his creed.)

A few possibilities here though.

- The wolves lynching someone else anticipating Ferris being protected by the doctor last night.

- A ploy to put wolf Ferris into the end game by giving someone up and give him credibility as the fake cop.

In either case we can find out though. If someone else is the cop then they can assume Ferris is playing games. But they will have to time their outing so not to risk being night killed themselves. If Ferris is the cop then surely he will be chopps ASAP. The longer the wolves leave him, the more info he can put in the public domain.

The cop now only has a 1/8 chance of identifying a wolf however - they can rule themselves out, and the alpha will appear townie.

Paul Calf

Also possible that the wolves could have elected to spare him to cast suspicion on his claims to be cop, offing Cuellar and getting Ferris lynched for free.

Gregory Torso

Yeah, the only thing we know for sure right now is that shiftwork2 was a werewolf and Ferris knew that. So we either believe Ferris is the cop, although I don't know why he revealed himself so early when he could have kept quiet and collected more info. Or, as others have said, it's an early ploy to give Ferris credibilty.

Would like to hear more from Ferris, if possible.

Would also like to go back to watching the Wire.

Yep, room for lots of games.

But surely Ferris calling shiftwork correctly says one of two things: he is the cop and played his hand badly by clouding it with votes for others; or he is a wolf and they chose to give up one in order to keep Ferris free of doubt longer term.

This seems a bad strategy as eventually the real cop would out him. A third possibility also seems doubtful - that he pretended to be the cop for laughs and somehow guessed right.

Buelligan

I agree, all of those scenarios seem possible.  Obviously, they can't be.  What do you mean about the real cop outing him though?  How would they do that?  We need to find a way of testing these theories.

I suppose the way for the real cop to out them is if someone else claims to be the cop.

There's the potential for shenanigans here again though - anyone claiming to be the 'real cop' is either going to be the real cop or a wolf pretending to be so. Whoever does that puts themselves at serious risk of being lynched or night killed though. I think we have to assume Ferris is legit for the time being, but we can only really know once he's out of the game.

Equally, Ferris being whacked/lynched doesn't hurt the town that much. Unless overnight he managed/manages to investigate the only person that could be the vanilla wolf. The timing of the cop outing themselves is important, so we have to ask whether Ferris timed the reveal in a way that suggests an affiliation. I'm inclined to side with him for the time being.

The other big question is why no kill on night one? A play from the wolf team to implicate pancreas, or did the doctor do a job in saving him?

Buelligan

Absolutely.  I think you've hit the nail on the head and made a lot of useful points.  Not sure how much it helps us moving forward though.

kittens

ferris you are my hero. what did you learn last night Sir? i wish we could vote for a new mayor i would vote for you in heartbeat. this current administration stinks to high heaven. stinks of WOLFS that is!!!!

Paul Calf

If FWB had been protected, would he be told?

Paul Calf

Unless...FWB was gambling on being protected for his heroism and the gambit theory is accurate.

pancreas

I didn't buy his name. Townies are given the names of politicians and I see Duncan Marsh is the name of a werewolf from a film.

FWB is wolf.

I'm still vote kittens though. May change my mind before end of play, but he is really yanking my cock.

What is Ferris's character name? I'm a Tory politician who in the real world is a shape-shifting lizard. But that's not the game we're playing.

pancreas

Can't remember. He made up a load of old bollocks because he's a wolf. A dirty stinking rotten bastard fucking cunt wolf.

gib

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 11, 2020, 12:44:09 PM

players are not told if they have been protected by the doc

Paul Calf

Thanks gib.

For me, it's a straight decision between two players. I'm going to vote kittens mainly because he's been very aggressive in targeting others for a pile-on.

Paul Calf

Sorry, that's vote player kittens for the avoidance of doubt.

Jim Bob

I was perfectly inclined to believe that FerriswheelBueller is indeed the town cop, given that he correctly outed shifty as a wolf.  However, I'm having real difficultly explaining this away...

Quote from: pancreas on May 11, 2020, 12:52:21 PM
I didn't buy his name. Townies are given the names of politicians and I see Duncan Marsh is the name of a werewolf from a film.

FWB is wolf.

Please can you explain this, FerriswheelBueller because it really looks bad.

kittens

when have i done that? first day i didnt want to kill anyone, until i was told we had to, so i voted for the bloke who voted for me. yesterday, i spent all day flip flopping between ferris and shiftwork because i couldn't work out who was telling the truth. literally no aggressive pile-ons. that is a total fabrication.

i assume the real reason you have picked me is because i already have 1 vote and have previously thought you might be a wolf because you were one of two people who chose someone to kill at random on the first day.

you're trying to start a pile-on on me, because you are a wolf. probably. J'ACCUSE!

vote paul calf

kittens

^that was in response to paul calf

kittens

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 11, 2020, 02:00:48 PM
I was perfectly inclined to believe that FerriswheelBueller is indeed the town cop, given that he correctly outed shifty as a wolf.  However, I'm having real difficultly explaining this away...

for avoidance of doubt, duncan marsh was shiftwork's name, not ferris. i don't think he's told us his name yet.

I feel like kittens went along with the best interests of the town on days 1 and 2. My gut says kittens is safe.

Ferris

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 11, 2020, 12:44:09 PM

Hiya town mates!

Fucking told you about shiftwork, didn't I? The hoops you have to jump through in this place to get some good done.

Happy to answer questions, I learned last night that one of you is town. Can post that in here if you want.

I'm still the cop. I was not told that the doctor protected me, but don't think I would have been told. I pretty openly asked the doc to protect me - I suspect the wolves left me for that reason and now the doc can't protect me a second night in a row so I'm a goner after today.

Happy to answer any questions, full honesty as always.

pancreas

Quote from: kittens on May 11, 2020, 02:05:48 PM
for avoidance of doubt, duncan marsh was shiftwork's name, not ferris. i don't think he's told us his name yet.

Since I'm not speaking to kittens, can someone please tell him that Ferris made up a name which was not that of a politician or werewolf. It was a stupid name that a lying cunt wolf would make up.

kittens

can someone tell lord mayor dumbass of dumbass city that ferris is twice the mayor he could ever be

Ferris

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 11, 2020, 02:00:48 PM

I was given the name PC Tony Stamp. Not much more explaining I can do.

kittens

Lord Sir Ferris the blessed genius, who was it who you asked about last night? and may i be permitted the honour of getting on my hands and knees in the dirt and cleaning your shoes?

If we remove Jim Bob, Wegger and Paul Calf for a second, then also remove Ferris on the basis of the shiftwork reveal we can deduce that at least one of the remaining lot are wolves in order for Cuellar to be whacked last night. That leaves:

Me
Kittens               
Gregory Torso         
pancreas         
Buelligan   

If Ferris can remove one of these then that makes it easier again, and I have been pretty consistent in trying to organise for the town, so hope I can eliminate myself from the running too.