Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:33:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Werewolves of London Mafia Day 3

Started by MSG, May 11, 2020, 09:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

By the way, whilst I was serving my stint in jail for an infraction of the rules, I made the following observations from peering out from between the bars of my cell's window, in regards to other players...

* I'm almost certain that Buelligan is on the level and is a townie.

* I'm suspicious towards Paul Calf.  Seems a little too cock sure and eager to throw others under the bus for my liking.  He was overly keen to encourage us to lynch FerrisWheelBueller at the top of this page.  I find the werewolf name provided by FerrisWheelBueller as his very own to be highly suspect, but we should at least wait to hear what he has to say about it, before so readily condemning the one and only player who's actually successfully eliminated a werewolf so far.  I could be wrong about Paul Calf, of course.  So, all I'm suggesting is that we keep a beady eye on him.

kittens

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 11, 2020, 02:15:09 PM
If we remove Jim Bob, Wegger and Paul Calf for a second, then also remove Ferris on the basis of the shiftwork reveal we can deduce that at least one of the remaining lot are wolves in order for Cuellar to be whacked last night. That leaves:

Me
Kittens               
Gregory Torso         
pancreas         
Buelligan   

If Ferris can remove one of these then that makes it easier again, and I have been pretty consistent in trying to organise for the town, so hope I can eliminate myself from the running too.

i assumed that even though they were banned from posting, the wolves would still be able to do a murder in the night. any wolves able to confirm this?

Ferris

Well back to full honesty, 2 guesses from me (one confirmed wolf, one confirmed town).

I have suspicions about 2 players that I'm pretty much convinced are up to no good at this point. I can share those speculations of will it ruffle feathers? I suspect I'm done after this round anyway.

kittens

Yeah, I can't think why you shouldn't keep your investigation from last night to yourself

Jim Bob

Quote from: kittens on May 11, 2020, 02:05:48 PM
for avoidance of doubt, duncan marsh was shiftwork's name, not ferris. i don't think he's told us his name yet.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 11, 2020, 02:11:42 PM
I was given the name PC Tony Stamp. Not much more explaining I can do.

Oh, yes.  That's right.  In that case; folks, I am inclined to believe FerriswheelBueller.  At the very least we ought to hear who he claims to be another townie, through his investigations.  If Ferris is bumped off in the night at some point (not by our own hand, please; at least not until we know he's a wolf for sure - say if another player came forth as the real town cop) and is revealed to have indeed been the town cop, then we will know for sure the name of the 2nd werewolf and can eliminate them, leaving just one more.

Jim Bob

So basically, FerriswheelBueller; please, you need to reveal the name of the person who is a townie, according to your investigations.

pancreas

I order you to spill the beans, Bueller, or I shall have you dunked in the Thames where the effluent pours out from Brick Lane.

Ferris

I am happy to say

A - who is the real townie (I will need 2 more people in the thread asking, lest this be a ploy)
B - who I think are baddies

How did I make my determination of baddie-dom? Based on the heavy lifting I had to do yesterday, 4 people knew I was telling the truth (3 wolves and me). On that basis, what could they do? Shiftwork was obviously in trouble so had to do his obfuscation routine. The other two could either try and argue against it, or come on board at the last minute. Shiftwork was done yesterday or today either way, and by agreeing you burnish your townie credentials without losing anything because one wolf is a goner anyway. The thread yesterday was me doing my investigating right there, in public, so you could all see in case I got whacked.

As to why I played that way - I got a lucky guess, and you know that job I'm always on about? The stress-bucket, 65hr a week thing I'm desperate to resign from? You know what day it is today? I knew I wasn't going to feature heavily after the week started, so wanted to take out the wolf I had locked down and give the most value I could while I was still around.

People may think that's all an elaborate double bluff - go back and read the first thread, I was basically asking what the policeman (aka me) should do. I didn't want to put myself any more than I did. I also didn't want to give my work motive away yesterday because maybe I really was a kamikaze wolf. I mean I'm not (because why would I take out 2 wolves?!) but there you go.

To JimBob's point - I'd ask not to be lynched, because the wolves will get me tonight anyway but that's up to you at this point.

Happy to answer any other questions.

You've had me, kittens, jim bob and Mayor Pancs asking. Still want two more?

Jim Bob

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 11, 2020, 02:22:39 PM
If Ferris is bumped off in the night at some point (not by our own hand, please; at least not until we know he's a wolf for sure - say if another player came forth as the real town cop) and is revealed to have indeed been the town cop, then we will know for sure the name of the 2nd werewolf and can eliminate them, leaving just one more.

CLARIFYING THE ABOVE COMMENT OF MINE: Actually, no, that doesn't make any sense, does it?  Ferris has the name of another townie.  However, should he be bumped off at some point and revealed to have been the town cop, then we will at least know that at least one name is a townie and if he survives for further nights, we will potentially also have the name of another werewolf.

Please leave Ferris be for now.  There's no tactical advantage to eliminating him at this stage, but there is every potential tactical advantage to keeping him around.

Ferris

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 11, 2020, 02:37:55 PM

Ok. In that case, it was JimBob. He's clean, you can trust him. Just overeager in his investigating.

Jim Bob

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 11, 2020, 02:37:55 PM

Aye, this makes no sense.  You should reveal the name.  The wolves are already in full possession of the names of all of the townies, so how do you figure this could ever be a ploy in anyway whatsoever.  If you are on the level and are the town cop, then revealing the name of a fellow townie can only possibly benefit the townies.

Ferris

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 11, 2020, 02:38:24 PM
CLARIFYING THE ABOVE COMMENT OF MINE: Actually, no, that doesn't make any sense, does it?  Ferris has the name of another townie.  However, should he be bumped off at some point and revealed to have been the town cop, then we will at least know that at least one name is a townie and if he survives for further nights, we will potentially also have the name of another werewolf.

Please leave Ferris be for now.  There's no tactical advantage to eliminating him at this stage, but there is every potential tactical advantage to keeping him around.

Where were you yesterday?! You're absolutely right.

Obviously now I've outed you, and you are heavily supporting me it looks very suspicious. Sorry, them's the breaks. I did as asked.

Jim Bob

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 11, 2020, 02:40:46 PM
Ok. In that case, it was JimBob. He's clean, you can trust him. Just overeager in his investigating.

Okay, Ferris is more than likely on the level, as I am indeed a townie.  Of course this will probably just cast doubt on both Ferris and myself now.  We know need to be looking towards who has been keen to eliminate Ferris, following his outing himself as the town cop.  Paul Calf!  Anyone else, folks?

Ferris

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 11, 2020, 02:41:12 PM
Aye, this makes no sense.  You should reveal the name.  The wolves are already in full possession of the names of all of the townies, so how do you figure this could ever be a ploy in anyway whatsoever.  If you are on the level and are the town cop, then revealing the name of a fellow townie can only possibly benefit the townies.

Because they (you) could become a target. I didn't want to run in and start firing off names and after I get got, you'll be confirmed as a goodie.

I was guessing based on all the tactics shit you pulled in game 1. My bad.

We now need to know if the jailed players can commit night actions so to work through the 5 I've outlined (now minus Jim Bob, assuming he's not the Alpha).

I have my suspicions but wouldn't mind hearing Ferris's first.

Jim Bob

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 11, 2020, 02:42:18 PM
Where were you yesterday?! You're absolutely right.

Obviously now I've outed you, and you are heavily supporting me it looks very suspicious. Sorry, them's the breaks. I did as asked.

I'm glad you did, even if it may have grim repercussions for myself.  It's important that we know what the town cop finds out through investigations.  It's the sole way in which we can get solid, reliable Intel on other players and gain an advantage.

kittens

msg said 'Jim Bob, Angrew Lloyg Wegger and Paul Calf are suspended from the game for breaching the post-nightfall posting rule, and cannot post or vote on game day 2.'. nothing about no night actions. i think it's safe to assume they would have been allowed to do night stuff.

Ferris

Buelligan and kittens are my hot tips for werewolves.

I'm sure they'll be outraged, but that's my unconfirmed suspicions. Kittens kept flipping his vote back for no clear reason (I think to encourage a pile-on onto me), and buelligan kept making me out as a threatening monster who will "come after" someone else next. They weren't daft enough to vote against me, but did their best to sow doubt, and managed to get Cuellar to vote against me (no idea why they went for him, I'd have left him as he put himself in the frame with that vote).

To be clear, JimBob might be one and all, just the one I can't see. I don't think he is to be fair but who knows in this crazy game of life. I trust Drummers, and am skeptical of the quiet fellas in the thread but that's about it.

Ferris

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 11, 2020, 02:48:34 PM
I'm glad you did, even if it may have grim repercussions for myself.  It's important that we know what the town cop finds out through investigations.  It's the sole way in which we can get solid, reliable Intel on other players and gain an advantage.

Yup, and I knew I wouldn't be much use after the weekend so tried to get the town as much value as possible. Playing the move I did would get you one wolf, can't say fairer than that.

Ferris

Jim Bob

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 11, 2020, 02:43:24 PM
I was guessing based on all the tactics shit you pulled in game 1. My bad.

This still really unnerves me; that so many people think that anyone would swear on their family's life to be a townie in a stupid Internet game as a lie.  What the heck, people?  What. The. Heck?!

It's not tactics, it's called having integrity and stupidly having enough faith in other people to think that they would, like me, not be able to fathom swearing on their loved one's lives for a silly little Internet game.  I found it all a bit disturbing, to be frank.

Anyway, back to the game...

kittens

after all i have done for you you big bitch!!!

the reason i flip flopped yesterday is because i kept getting convinced by either side. is being easily led such a crime?

what are you feelings on paul calf, ferris?

Jim Bob

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 11, 2020, 02:49:23 PM
Buelligan and kittens are my hot tips for werewolves.

I'm not sure about kittens but I don't believe that Buelligan is a wolf for one second.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 11, 2020, 02:49:23 PM
To be clear, JimBob might be one and all, just the one I can't see. I don't think he is to be fair but who knows in this crazy game of life. I trust Drummers, and am skeptical of the quiet fellas in the thread but that's about it.

How?!  If your investigations tell you that I'm a townie, how could I possibly be a wolf?

Ferris

No feelings. Him, Angrew and Torso are the "quiet fellas" I was referring to earlier but to be fair calf was muted yesterday so who knows.

Sorry kittens :( I hope you're a goodie really, but unconvinced so far

Buelligan was one of mine, and then I also wondered about kittens too.

If Buelligan were a werewolf the passive approach works when (what appears to be) a load of townies pile onto selectivememory. No votes or pot stirring required. I'm sure there was some talk around not lynching shiftwork yesterday too.

Assuming there were no night actions from the sin bin lot, of the ones I named I can rule me and Jim Bob out leaving kittens, Buelligan and Pancs. I think Buelligan is the most likely. But this all depends on the night actions being barred for those in the sin bin, which is currently unconfirmed.

kittens

i am quite sure silenced players were allowed night actions. they were  just banned from posting.

kittens

my only real suspicion is paul calf which is because of the untrue reason he gave for voting for me. everyone else, fuck knows.

Ferris

Yeah, buelligan reacted slightly viscerally to an off-hand suspicion that it was then turned into a point that none of my accusations can be believed. I follow that to some extent, but the constant back and forth was weird to me coming from the point of view I was telling the truth.

Maybe I just ruffled feathers, who knows.