Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:14:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Joy of Sets

Started by Head Gardener, May 11, 2020, 12:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

Norton Canes

Norton Canes

Except the Liberator one, which singularly fails to meet the remit.

Norton Canes

Ha! I've just realised which programme the one above is from. At first I thought it must be some kind of Cold War drama.

wosl

Gurke and Hare

I'd be amazed if anyone who hasn't already looked could say what programme this one's from.

I would have guessed
Spoiler alert
No Place Like Home
[close]
which is wrong.

Norton Canes

The table is giving me a
Spoiler alert
The Good Life
[close]
vibe, but surely the room's too messy?

wosl

Yeah, the shabbiness of it makes it tricky - if it were tidier and more antiseptic I'd say Ever Decreasing Circles.

EOLAN

I'll guess 'Til Death do Us Part' or one of the later versions.

But really just came in to glibly say that I thought this was the New Tennis thread.

wooders1978

It's
Spoiler alert
bread
[close]
I reckon

Edit - nope

Quote from: Norton Canes on May 11, 2020, 04:29:34 PM
The table is giving me a
Spoiler alert
The Good Life
[close]
vibe, but surely the room's too messy?

That's what I thought, although it looks a bit bigger - but I guess they all do empty.

MojoJojo

I'm going to go with
Spoiler alert
Sorry!
[close]
but it's too messy for that really.

[edit]Nope. I would have had more of a chance if I'd heard of the programme.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Norton Canes on May 11, 2020, 01:00:46 PM
The League of Gentlemen "sets" are just a sign in a field which seems very insulting of its production design. Steptoe could pass for a hipster pub, though. Thanks, Head Gardener, for an excellent link.

paruses

Is it
Spoiler alert
Double Spoiler considering the edit
[close]
?

Edit: looked at the answer and still don't know.  Good site though.

Inspector Norse

Bit cheap of them just to reuse sets.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Norton Canes on May 11, 2020, 01:00:46 PM

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed with that. I notice one of the Strictly 'empty' sets has an orchestra on it too.

Icehaven

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 12, 2020, 04:05:22 PM
The League of Gentlemen "sets" are just a sign in a field which seems very insulting of its production design.

I know, where's the inside of the local shop? Or the Dentons' house?

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on May 11, 2020, 04:26:15 PM
I'd be amazed if anyone who hasn't already looked could say what programme this one's from.

I would have guessed
Spoiler alert
No Place Like Home
[close]
which is wrong.

Royale family

buzby

Quote from: icehaven on May 16, 2020, 01:19:12 PM
I know, where's the inside of the local shop? Or the Dentons' house?
Looking at the shows featured, it looks like it's only an archive of the sets for shows made at their London studios (TV Centre, Ealing, Riverside, Lime Grove) and Elstree. I think LoG's studio scenes were filmed in Manchester (the recent anniversary specials used the old Granada Studios, at least). The 3 pictures they do have look like production stills - the first and second images were used on the jacket of the Complete Collection box set in 2017, so were presumably shot during location filming for the anniversay specials.

There's no pictures from other older (pre-Media City) Manchester-based shows like Red Dwarf or The Royle Family either (though there are modern ones from Media City - Match Of The Day's sets). I don't think there's any from the Bristol/Kingsland (i.e. the old Casualty/Holby sets, before they moved to Cardiff) either.

Famous Mortimer

Not Australian TV gem "The Joy Of Sets", starring Tony Martin and Ed Kavalee, then? It's great, though, so I'll just share a link to the first episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_f2Hsjg8A8