Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:21:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner Posts Mortem: Dying on Transphobia Hill 4: The (g)Room(er)

Started by madhair60, May 11, 2020, 10:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keir

Having had time to subconsciously ruminate further it strikes me that if such a form WAS doing "childish pandering" the options would be "willies" and "fannys", which Glinner would be much happier with. So he complains of "childish pandering" when in fact it's a lack of childish pandering which grieves him. Logic is such a scarce commodity in his mind.

Armin Meiwes

He must spend all day absolutely FUMING now because I can't remember the last time I filled out some kind of survey or form that doesn't include additional gender options than just MAN or WOMAN (Adult Human Female).

Armin Meiwes

I mean he DOES spend all day absolutely fuming but.. even more fuming.

Alberon

In three days he's lost 800 followers. I'm going to bite the bullet and follow him.

Do you think he's aware of this thread? He does seem the sort to google his own name.

Alberon

Ah, it's back open again.

The Dreyfus Affair!

A link to his blog about how evil Big Finish productions distanced itself from James Dreyfus (who has played the Master in a few Doctor Who audios) after his anti-trans comments.

QuoteOCTOBER 2018

James, along with many other LGBT figures including several trans people, sign a letter asking Stonewall to reconsider its hardline, extremist position on transgender policies. The letter called on Stonewall to "acknowledge that there are a range of valid viewpoints around sex, gender and transgender politics...acknowledge specifically the conflict that exists between transgenderism and sex-based women's rights and commit to fostering an atmosphere of respectful debate, rather than demonising as transphobic those who wish to discuss or dissent from Stonewall's current policies.":

Later on, a copy of a tweet from Dreyfus.

It's fascinating. James Dreyfus, probably genuinely, thinks he supports trans people, but in the same breath says they don't have the same rights as cis women.

Armin Meiwes

Still, good news that at least ONE brave european govt is finally willing to stand up for women and their rights in this important cause for feminism everywhere.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1266288187351068679?s=19

Indomitable Spirit

So, Hadley Freeman has conducted a very "balanced" (ie handjob) interview with Woody Allen

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/may/29/do-i-really-care-woody-allen-comes-out-fighting

So for those keeping score...

Trans women having a shit in a women's bathroom - THEY MIGHT BE NONCES!!

Famous man with credible accusations of being an actual nonce - best give the benefit of the doubt

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on May 29, 2020, 11:47:28 AM
So, Hadley Freeman has conducted a very "balanced" (ie handjob) interview with Woody Allen

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/may/29/do-i-really-care-woody-allen-comes-out-fighting

So for those keeping score...

Trans women having a shit in a women's bathroom - THEY MIGHT BE NONCES!!

Famous man with credible accusations of being an actual nonce - best give the benefit of the doubt

It's depressing, but that's always going to be the case. If you're Woody Allen, Johnny Depp or a cis gendered usually white person with money, you'll be given the benefit of the doubt, but if you're a minority of some kind (whether trans, working class, an ethnic minority), you'll usually have to fight for credibility.

idunnosomename

i fucking hate hadley freeman

also elevating james dreyfuss to the level of one of the most infamous scandals of justice and antisemitism over him not being in a doctor who audiobook: lol

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 29, 2020, 12:23:43 PM
i fucking hate hadley freeman

also elevating james dreyfuss to the level of one of the most infamous scandals of justice and antisemitism over him not being in a doctor who audiobook: lol

I used to love her, because she was one of the few Guardian writers who wasn't immediately dismissive of nerdy things and would talk about Ghostbusters or meeting MCA from the Beastie Boys etc. That kind of thing was rare in the snootier than thou Guardian (Mark Kermode is another exception).

Now I can see just how toe-the-line status quo follower she is.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on May 29, 2020, 11:52:12 AM
It's depressing, but that's always going to be the case. If you're Woody Allen, Johnny Depp or a cis gendered usually white person with money, you'll be given the benefit of the doubt, but if you're a minority of some kind (whether trans, working class, an ethnic minority), you'll usually have to fight for credibility.

Woody Allen's Jewish. I think he might have hinted at his Jewish roots in some of his work.

keir

What Woody Allen has to do with it is that he's possibly one of the OK Groomers, because if he did any grooming it was while not being trans, so it was fine by Graham.

idunnosomename

he's now at the point where if someone says the word "person" where they could have said "woman" they are a terrible coward not for pandering to his ideology of promoting women as the most oppressed minority in the history of the universe

childish pandering over words indeed

also what's really gross is he clearly doesn't actually give a FUCK about period poverty itself, just fucking raging at people bringing it to attention. utter ghoul of a man

Indomitable Spirit

Quote from: mr. logic on May 29, 2020, 12:31:39 PM
What does Woody Allen have to do with anything?

The interviewer is a TERF who has repeatedly raised "genuine concerns" about trans women being allowed to use women only spaces because they could HYPOTHETICALLY be paedos and HYPOTHETICALLY nonce kids.

So the fact she has given a platform for someone who has GENUINE accusations of noncing kids and repeatedly minimises and mitigates those accusations is worth noting

mr. logic

He doesn't mitigate them, he denies them.

But thanks for getting me up to speed!

thr0b

Dreyfuss said a cultish thing which annoyed a fanbase of a popular sci-fi show. But also a fanbase which is in general quite positive toward LGBTQ+ folks, and consists of a lot of them. Big Finish, being a tiny commercial enterprise chose not to risk offending what is almost certainly a large proportion of their audience by dropping an actor who had become problematic to them. Big Finish made the right commercial choice, and they've been careful not to criticise his position directly, however repulsive it may be to them.

Indomitable Spirit

Quote from: mr. logic on May 29, 2020, 12:58:04 PM
He doesn't mitigate them, he denies them.

But thanks for getting me up to speed!

Sorry, poor grammar on my part. I meant SHE minimises and mitigates those accusations.

tomasrojo

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 29, 2020, 12:44:28 PM
he's now at the point where if someone says the word "person" where they could have said "woman" they are a terrible coward not for pandering to his ideology of promoting women as the most oppressed minority in the history of the universe

childish pandering over words indeed

also what's really gross is he clearly doesn't actually give a FUCK about period poverty itself, just fucking raging at people bringing it to attention. utter ghoul of a man

A few of the Glinnerati heading over there don't seem to know that that Green Party is not the Green Party of England and Wales.

idunnosomename

sticking up for a fellow comedy mate like James Dreyfuss is EXACTLY what @jonronson is NOT doing. did I tell you one time he did a big smelly poo at my house and to save his embarrassment from my wife I said it was in fact I who had just used the lavatory and left quite a pong? well @jonronson now the whole internet shall know about your awful arse loads. you coward.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on May 29, 2020, 11:52:12 AM

I'm sure Jimmy Tarbuck, Paul Gambacinni, William Roache, Michael Le Vell  and even Cab favourite, Jim Davidson etc etc would have something to say about that.  Generally, Woody Allen hasn't really been given the benefit of the doubt though but that's another thread. The 'Woody Allen comes out fighting' thread, ideally.

idunnosomename

For anyone still wondering how the toilet situation is supposed to work in practice

Glinner would rather transpeople are shamed into enduring bladder pain than ever sully hard-won single sex spaces.

Hes so fucking foul im just so ugh

here4glinner

Once I thought I'd look up the Twitter feed of Chris Langham, formerly of the Thick of It, to see what he was up to these days. If you don't recall, he lost his job and went to jail for spending actual cold hard cash on images of child rape. He said he was just doing research and has never made a full confession.

He'd only done two tweets, and one of them had a reply from nobody but James Dreyfuss, who called Langham a 'genuis'. This was like 7 years after we knew he was a nonce.

I'm not sure how you square 'Trans rights? Wont someone please think of the children?' with 'I am the biggest fan of this guy who thinks a child rapist is a genius and he absolutely has got to appear in some Dr Who merchandise. Everyone is a groomer except for this pedo fan.'

Here's the receipt https://twitter.com/DreyfusJames/status/481589668744798208?s=19

Glinner might call me a groomer but I've got high standards when it comes to stanning people who call child-rape-funders geniuses. Am I out of line here?

chveik

If I remember rightly there was an interview shortly after where Langham explained that he was abused as a child and it was complicated.
There was something drawing him, for closure or whatever.
Up to you how much you buy any of his story, but he mentioned that he didn't actually pay for anything or enter his credit card details and that it was weird that that's what was being reported.
Said he download a zip file (which is how it sounded) of a few videos or images or whatever, watched one, felt sick and deleted the lot shortly after.
Not defending him, but I don't think he raped any children.

Mister Six

Didn't the judge also say he believed Langham's story and that he thinks Langham isn't a threat to anyone?

Barry Admin

Quote from: chveik on May 29, 2020, 03:25:28 PM
I dunno if you should bring Langham into this tbh.

I dunno if stuff like this is any of your business tbh.