Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:42:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner Posts Mortem: Dying on Transphobia Hill 4: The (g)Room(er)

Started by madhair60, May 11, 2020, 10:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

here4glinner

n00b question but what's the deal with threads ending at 99 pages?

phes

Quote from: here4glinner on June 22, 2020, 10:18:09 AM
what's the deal with threads ending at 99 pages?

It's just the best way to do it, here4glinner, the best!

Retinend

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 22, 2020, 07:02:28 AM
Saw a great tweet on Katy Montgomerie's timeline there:

There are no men pretending to be trans women. Point me towards a cis man who would be prepared to take a drug that gives them erectile dysfunction and makes them grow tits, I'll wait.

These are literally side-effects of Propecia (Finasteride) so lots of men are willing to do this.

idunnosomename

Quote from: here4glinner on June 22, 2020, 10:18:09 AM
n00b question but what's the deal with threads ending at 99 pages?
very long threads put strain on the server so generally best to end them around this sorta length

Blue Jam

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on June 22, 2020, 05:47:12 AM
I used to be in favor of trans rights, but the possibility of marginally affecting the integrity of the Ultimate Fighting Championship is just too high a price to pay for supporting human dignity.

These arguments remind me of that time Shakespeare's Globe appointed a female director who announced they'd be putting on one of the plays with an all-female cast and a load of MRA types were up in arms about it despite them probably not having read any Shakespeare since school or being aware that Shakespeare himself liked playing with gender in his writing.

That handful of Skeptic types I used to know before they turned TERF didn't give a shit about sport either. They were the kind of people who would post that tiresome and smug "Imagine a world where archaeologists were heroes who earned millions, where every news programme had an archaeology section at the end..." meme and ask people to stop making Facebook posts about the sportsball whenever the World Cup was on. Suddenly they're into pretty obscure sports like MMA...