Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:14:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner Posts Mortem: Dying on Transphobia Hill 4: The (g)Room(er)

Started by madhair60, May 11, 2020, 10:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Just as an aside, these thread titles have been superb, madhair.

Ferris

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on May 12, 2020, 01:39:24 AM
So he's started on the Youtube grifter tour, is anyone taking bets on how long it is before he's on with Sargoon? can't be long surely

The sargon/milo/k hopkins route will absolutely happen. If twitter let him back on, then by Christmas. If they don't, then he'll be doing the rounds by August at the latest.

$10 to mermaids on August 25 being his first verifiable alt-right YouTube appearance. Anyone reckon they can get closer?

DigForVictory

Quote from: Small Potatoes on May 12, 2020, 12:33:56 AM
Is that where she posted the picture of the cactus with the "utter prick" caption, or something specific?

Yeah that's the one.

Someone in the comments put something like " Helen has apparently divorced him, good for her" and she's liked that comment. Pretty much confirming she's left him.

So yeah, he's not only completely ruined his career and had no work for over 2 years but he's also driven his family and the vast majority of his friends away. All due to this mental obsession.

It really is bizarre and incredible.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: DigForVictory on May 12, 2020, 02:03:01 AMSomeone in the comments put something like " Helen has apparently divorced him, good for her" and she's liked that comment. Pretty much confirming she's left him.

To be precise, it was

QuoteIt sounds like they're getting divorced and if so good for her.

(from https://www.instagram.com/p/B_94F0RDLcV/)

Enzo

Hand Solo

Quote from: Enzo on May 12, 2020, 02:58:09 AM
At least she will be able to watch Jonathan Creek in peace now.

He probably didn't like her trying to solve any 'locked room mysteries' and discover his secrets. Graham's home alone now so won't have to 'lock' the door while he has another 'mystery' wank.

keir

I'm confident that he will return to twitter. The high horse he's on is an obstacle to him deleting the offending tweet(s), but his hunger for the sort of conflict that only twitter can deliver will lead him to come up with some sort of rationalisation whereby he can delete the tweets and tell himself that he's won.

Ferris

I am very defensive over Jonathan Creek. It's great. Who could not find it charming and silly and (occasionally) rather good?

Enzo

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 12, 2020, 03:08:57 AM
I am very defensive over Jonathan Creek. It's great. Who could not find it charming and silly and (occasionally) rather good?

Sorry, it was an obscure reference to a story Adam Buxton once told on the A&J 6Music pod about an unnamed friend who came to visit his house. The friend angrily pilloried his own wife about liking the TV show Jonathan Creek in front of Adam and his Mrs, creating an awkward atmosphere.

I would put money on that friend being Glinner.

Ferris

Oh sorry, I got the reference (this is a niche comedy forum full of nerds like me). My question was rhetorical, because JC was (and is) amazing.

Once took a huge amount of ketamine, 2-CB, and drank a lot of cheap cider with 3 friends at university. All fell asleep on sofas/the floor (obviously), and the Jonathan Creek DVD finished playing, then played the danse macabre in the home menu for the 11+ hours we were asleep because nobody hit play/removed it or whatever.

I'm convinced this has imprinted an enjoyment of JC on me at a deep psychological level.

Mister Six

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 12, 2020, 02:01:40 AM
The sargon/milo/k hopkins route will absolutely happen. If twitter let him back on, then by Christmas. If they don't, then he'll be doing the rounds by August at the latest.

That'll definitively be the end of Father Ted the Musical, though, won't it? He can maybe get away with being a cunt on Twitter to a minority that doesn't get much positive (or at best gets mixed) mainstream press - absolutely fucked if he tries to go the alt-right crypto-fascist route though.

Ferris

It's not going to happen anyway though, is it? Not with matey absolutely losing the plot on twitter and pouring all attention and energy of every waking hour of every day for years on end into fringe bigoted beliefs targeting a tiny subset of vulnerable people coronavirus

Mister Six

PlanktonSideburns

Josef K

I think his wife probably has a few terfy opinions, but can imagine the sheer amount of time he devoted to his obsession would drive anyone insane. I remember he'd constantly post about it over Christmas, even pretending he'd hired a 'twitter assistant' at one point.

James Serafinowicz has been quite a good source up behind the scenes updates but I can understand him not wanting to talk about his sister's personal life.

Enrico Palazzo

Given that he was on 'warnings' from his house to give up and didn't, it seems unlikely a suspension will make him reflect and stop. Phase 2 is likely to be even worse.

JamesTC

Glindr is the metaphorical carbonara for when Twitter divorces him.

RFT

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 12, 2020, 01:42:26 AM
I just watched it. He's an awful fucking dick of a man, a deranged bigot. There's nothing more to say at this point, is there? He will continue causing harm to a persecuted minority, but hopefully his voice will be marginalised to such an extent that he becomes a thoroughly disgraced David Irving type.

What, with his books proudly on display on the bookshelf of a cabinet member?

Blue Jam

Quote from: Josef K on May 11, 2020, 10:58:26 PM
Somebody commented about the divorce on his (ex)wife's Instagram and she liked the comment so that's 100% official and legally binding as far as I'm concerned.

She has also put up a post about wanting to marry Adam Ant and I'm taking that as official confirmation too.

mippy

When the name change posts were going about, someone said that on Facebook she was boosting the fundraiser for new loos in Norwich Arts Centre, including a gender neutral facility. It would be hilarious I'd she became a !!!TRA!!!! out of spite.

Though as others have said - anyone with this level of obsession on any topic, regardless of how much you agree with their stance, is going to be very hard to live with.

Cerys

tomasrojo

Quote from: Josef K on May 12, 2020, 08:54:53 AM
I remember he'd constantly post about it over Christmas, even pretending he'd hired a 'twitter assistant' at one point.

I think that was actually a joke, but at that stage no-one expected humour from him. He did a similar "gag" a few days ago, where he announced his withdrawal from Twitter, followed by "I'm back" a few minutes later.

I think he has a defensive need to make make light of the idea that he has a social media addiction.

DiClassomo

Quote from: madhair60 on May 11, 2020, 10:48:52 PM
Hopefully the last one we'll need

Fucking hell lad, don't lose the run of yourself. His going off the deep end isn't an invitation to jump on in as well.

idunnosomename

Since Glindr failed he should set up a new platform, InkedGlin, wherein he tries to find gainful employment by showing off the progress of his backpiece tattoo of magdalen and meghan murphy doin it

Braintree

He is going to be so much worse post-divorce. His goodwill towards cis-women will disappear because we are all like his wife who left him.

I can see him going incel and "She's turned the weans against me" by the end of the month.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Mister Six on May 12, 2020, 04:07:02 AM
That'll definitively be the end of Father Ted the Musical, though, won't it?

Can we expect at some point in the future a lyrically rejigged Divine Comedy album called 'Arthur Hope: The Musical?' including the songs:
'Mink! Pearls! Class! Cheque?', 'So On, So On, So On, So On', and 'I Remember Sticking Fish Up Lennon's Arse'?

Cuellar

I think Arthur Matthews should turn it into a Don Juan-esque cautionary tale, ending with Glinner being dragged to hell

lipsink

Quote from: peanutbutter on May 12, 2020, 01:13:45 AM
211 views; how many are from here...

"Peak Trans" what does that mean? Google doesn't seem to come up with anything.

He said he was fooled during Gamergate as he agreed with the woke posts of SecretGamerGirl who turned out to be a "bald guy with a beard down to his balls". There you go. Always check if someone is bald before agreeing with them.

MojoJojo

"peak trans" - TERFs reckon that people go along with trans stuff up to a certain point, but then get pushed to far and flip to being TERFs.