Author Topic: Glinner Posts Mortem: Dying on Transphobia Hill 4: The (g)Room(er)  (Read 193938 times)

Barry Admin

• Fuck your shit tea
Re: Glinner Posts Mortem: Dying on Transphobia Hill 4: The (g)Room(er)
« Reply #2880 on: June 20, 2020, 02:54:17 PM »
He is important! He's a "blue tick male"!

« Reply #2881 on: June 20, 2020, 03:01:58 PM »
Christ the replies here are wall-to-wall hate for him, he will keep picking on these massively popular people. I've no idea who it is mind.

https://twitter.com/glinner/status/1274330108266983426

« Reply #2882 on: June 20, 2020, 03:13:09 PM »
Fantano (@needledrop) is an music reviewing bloke, quite a large online (and left-ish) fanbase so very unwise for Glinner to attack him on Twitter

We're on page 96 about five weeks. Hoping I'm the first to get in and say I'll take the cheque please, Polymorphia.
This thread has truly been one cavalcade of shit after another, and the JK Rowling situation certainly hasn't helped in any degree. I don't even know if the next thread could be the last, unless he's banned from Twitter. Truly an unwise gamble for me to make

« Reply #2883 on: June 20, 2020, 03:55:17 PM »
Fantano also has a large fanbase that REALLY enjoys memey shitposting, and finds calling him melonhead hilarious even after the ten-thousandth time, so this doesn't bode well for Glinner at all.

FerriswheelBueller

• CaB rear of the year 2020
  • Silver Member
  • Take it easy, but take it.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #2884 on: June 20, 2020, 03:59:56 PM »
Christ the replies here are wall-to-wall hate for him, he will keep picking on these massively popular people. I've no idea who it is mind.

https://twitter.com/glinner/status/1274330108266983426

He’s spent 13 years blocking people so I suspect leaving his bubble to snipe at others gives a more representative reaction of the world at large.

Plus he wasn’t tagged in that, so must be sitting in his grief hole searching for “J K Rowling” on twitter and replying at random. Would be tragic if he wasn’t such a nasty person who’s getting his comeuppance, entirely by his own hand.

Why all the gnashing of teeth over how much we talk about him? He used to be one of the biggest names in UK comedy, instrumental parts of some of CaB's best-loved shows, and he's trashed his career and his family because he's incapable of not being a bastard on Twitter. No surprise we have hundreds of pages devoted to him.

(Not picking on you specifically, Polymorphia, I've just noticed it in this thread more than others).

Yes, exactly this.

« Reply #2885 on: June 20, 2020, 04:23:32 PM »
One thing that strikes me as particularly odd about all of it is that Linehan was relentlessly self critical (regarding his writing, at least) on the Father Ted DVD commentaries. Somehow, between then and him noticing that "Iran" sounds ever so slightly like "a man", he lost this capacity for introspection.

« Reply #2886 on: June 20, 2020, 05:31:15 PM »
Being relentlessly self-critical makes sure that no one else gets the opportunity. It's just another control mechanism.

Alberon

• His heart is an empty fridge
« Reply #2887 on: June 20, 2020, 08:13:08 PM »
Interesting that when he just comes straight out and asks an open question to everyone, the replies and interactions are miniscule. More than half a million followers and he gets six replies over three hours to a question you'd think thousands could answer. It's like no-one is actually listening to him anymore, even his allies seem worn out.

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1274269965881937921

I actually replied to a couple of his tweets about three days ago. One where I replied to someone replying to Glinner has so far been seen by 424 people and one where I replied to him alone has been seen just 174 times.

Obviously, my twitter has no standing whatsoever as I've barely used it in five years, but it does suggest that not a great number of people are actually seeing these tweets Glinner is burning his personal and professional life on. I wouldn't be surprised if many of his remaining followers were from Twitter's infancy and a great number of them simply aren't active anymore. The number of his total followers has continued its steady decline though. He's now south of 590K.

madhair60

• ころねすきー
  • Golden Member
  • Thank you forever
    • Comics, videos, podcasts, writing, etc
« Reply #2888 on: June 20, 2020, 11:46:09 PM »
Glin Glinnery Glin Glinnery Glin Glinnery a transphobic cunt who lost his family

« Reply #2889 on: June 21, 2020, 12:11:32 AM »
Can't read the writing but the layout seems to line up.

I'm assuming the Space Invaders T-shirt on the left hand side of the picture is some transphobic code for transwomen "invading women's spaces"?

« Reply #2890 on: June 21, 2020, 12:23:42 AM »
I'm assuming the Space Invaders T-shirt on the left hand side of the picture is some transphobic code for transwomen "invading women's spaces"?

It says "game over" in Japanese. If that helps.

Moribunderast

• What is your place in my glorification?
« Reply #2891 on: June 21, 2020, 07:41:11 AM »
That exchange with Tim Minchin is so embarrassing. That it led to no self-reflection: "Oh, maybe everyone else isn't obsessed by this issue and isn't talking about it all the time like I do..." but rather a response of: "Oh, but what DO you think of JK Rowling?" is typical but also extremely depressing and crazy. If that were me I'd be cringing over that error for ages but not are Graham, he just pushes on.

phes

• operating as a shape
« Reply #2892 on: June 21, 2020, 08:36:37 AM »
In his world almost the entire population occupies one of two positions, that of agreeing with everything he says and justifying everything he does, no matter how disagreeable, or of opposing everything he says and calling him a bigot and a cunt. He has become increasingly unable and unwilling to operate in wider society. It's hard to imagine this will get any better because his response to his perceived failure to talk sense into anyone is to keep doubling down time and again and forcing anyone who interacts with him to pick a side. He's turned his life into a war and comes across like he has PTSD.

He appears to no longer care and has accepted that he is sacrificing himself for his cause.

His latest meme is to respond to his bad behavior with 'Oh no!  Please direct me to the post so that I can construct an apology' and then when a poster does this he doubles down

« Reply #2893 on: June 21, 2020, 12:54:00 PM »

Haha imagine some poor fucker seeing that photo going around Twitter taking a closer look and seeing one of the people in it is their mum.

Blue Jam

• (I may have you on ignore)
« Reply #2894 on: June 21, 2020, 04:55:21 PM »
In his world almost the entire population occupies one of two positions, that of agreeing with everything he says and justifying everything he does, no matter how disagreeable, or of opposing everything he says and calling him a bigot and a cunt.

To be fair that seems to apply for most of Twitter, Facebook groups, Reddit etc. I don't use Twitter much these days but a few months back I posted a flippant remark about the Tories and had a couple of very angry replies along the lines of "SO YOU WORSHIP JEREMY CORBYN THEN?". I've made tweets and Facebook posts mildly supportive of feminist causes and had replies like "YOU'RE JUST BITTER BECAUSE YOU VOTED FOR SAD HILLARY" or "I BET YOU WORSHIP THAT SEXUAL ABUSER AMY SCHUMER" or "I BET YOU'RE ONE OF THESE GRETA-WORSHIPING LEFTIES". A lot of people seem to have a with-us-or-against-us attitude where they can't imagine that not everyone is as angry and invested in things as they are.

We saw this with those TERFs posting in the chat on Glinner's failed YouTube live stream where we were making flippant jokes about carbonara and racecar beds and they seemed absolutely convinced we we all diehard trans rights activists.

These people also can't understand that not everyone has an opinion on every single topic, nor do they have to. TERFs call people cowards when they post things like "I don't want to comment on JK Rowling, I don't understand the issues and don't have a strong opinion and don't want to read your bigoted article, please leave me alone" because they can't just take comments like that at face value and have to imagine people have some sinister or cowardly motive for not giving a shit.

« Reply #2895 on: June 21, 2020, 07:06:27 PM »
To be fair that seems to apply for most of Twitter, Facebook groups, Reddit etc. I don't use Twitter much these days but a few months back I posted a flippant remark about the Tories and had a couple of very angry replies along the lines of "SO YOU WORSHIP JEREMY CORBYN THEN?". I've made tweets and Facebook posts mildly supportive of feminist causes and had replies like "YOU'RE JUST BITTER BECAUSE YOU VOTED FOR SAD HILLARY" or "I BET YOU WORSHIP THAT SEXUAL ABUSER AMY SCHUMER" or "I BET YOU'RE ONE OF THESE GRETA-WORSHIPING LEFTIES". A lot of people seem to have a with-us-or-against-us attitude where they can't imagine that not everyone is as angry and invested in things as they are.

We saw this with those TERFs posting in the chat on Glinner's failed YouTube live stream where we were making flippant jokes about carbonara and racecar beds and they seemed absolutely convinced we we all diehard trans rights activists.

These people also can't understand that not everyone has an opinion on every single topic, nor do they have to. TERFs call people cowards when they post things like "I don't want to comment on JK Rowling, I don't understand the issues and don't have a strong opinion and don't want to read your bigoted article, please leave me alone" because they can't just take comments like that at face value and have to imagine people have some sinister or cowardly motive for not giving a shit.

I admit to wanting to see Minchin comment one way or the other, but that's mostly because I remembered him being one of the obnoxious skeptic types (and sensitive to criticism enough to write a comedy song about killing a journalist's family). Seems like he's dialed that back a lot, good on him.

The TRA thing is so weird. Apparently having an opinion that "people are messy and don't always fit neatly into categories" means I'm an activist? Seems like the opposite of activism, to me. I've also been accused of being a Russian bot at least twice for making bad jokes about American politics. Twitter's character count definitely makes it the worst for this kind of thing.

Blue Jam

• (I may have you on ignore)
« Reply #2896 on: June 21, 2020, 07:10:50 PM »
This reminds me of when I used to write a science media blog and I'd get homoeopaths accusing me of being a shill for Big Pharma and getting paid millions to say alternative medicine doesn't work. Pffffft, I wish.

I support trans rights but in an "it doesn't affect my life in any way, live and let live" kind of way. I suppose I did get those transphobic stickers taken down from my workplace but that only involved sending one email. I certainly couldn't call myself an activist of any kind. I'm too lazy.

Jumblegraws

« Reply #2897 on: June 21, 2020, 09:01:08 PM »
He’s taken notice of Richard Herring blocking him. He’s really teasing the libel lawyers was this tweet IMO: https://twitter.com/glinner/status/1274790422091640833?s=21
I hope he adds Charlie Brooker to his Norman No-Mates trophy cabinet next.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

• Living proof of everything wrong with the world
« Reply #2898 on: June 21, 2020, 09:59:22 PM »
He’s taken notice of Richard Herring blocking him. He’s really teasing the libel lawyers was this tweet IMO: https://twitter.com/glinner/status/1274790422091640833?s=21
I hope he adds Charlie Brooker to his Norman No-Mates trophy cabinet next.
well no. 2 is a lie

and no. 3 is a lie

oh how I love the handwringing about women "losing their sports to male cheats" yeah glincel loads of men are out having their bollocks chopped so they can win at women's sports, so famously prestigious and lucrative

phes

• operating as a shape
« Reply #2899 on: June 21, 2020, 10:17:32 PM »
The 'it was a joke all along, Richard's actually a GC hero!' thing he keeps doing only seems to prove that his jokes are unfunny and many of his supporters will believe anything he says. It's such a bizarre meme

« Reply #2900 on: June 21, 2020, 10:26:11 PM »
Isn't it about time someone tried that tactic back on him, e.g.

1. So you support the bullying to suicide of vulnerable teenagers with healthy young breasts for the crime of being confused about their sex?

etc.?

RHX

« Reply #2901 on: June 21, 2020, 10:40:49 PM »
Isn't it about time someone tried that tactic back on him, e.g.

1. So you support the bullying to suicide of vulnerable teenagers with healthy young breasts for the crime of being confused about their sex?

etc.?

Oddly enough, the GC lot tend to have two responses to this kind of stuff. The first is deflection (and accusations of misogyny), and the second is ignoring a question has been asked. At least, his good friend Helen acts that way.

« Reply #2902 on: June 21, 2020, 10:47:32 PM »
well no. 2 is a lie

and no. 3 is a lie

oh how I love the handwringing about women "losing their sports to male cheats" yeah glincel loads of men are out having their bollocks chopped so they can win at women's sports, so famously prestigious and lucrative

I know the sports argument is often given too much weight, as it’s very rare and used to distract from the more practical issues, but it isn’t a total lie.

The MMA fighter Fallon Fox is the best example, she broke two girls faces before coming out as trans before her 3rd pro fight.

As for who “would chop off their bollocks so they can win at women’s sports?”; Russia, China, The British Cycling team. I could go on.

« Reply #2903 on: June 21, 2020, 11:18:54 PM »
I know the sports argument is often given too much weight, as it’s very rare and used to distract from the more practical issues, but it isn’t a total lie.

The MMA fighter Fallon Fox is the best example, she broke two girls faces before coming out as trans before her 3rd pro fight.

yeah I've seen pictures of Fallon Fox, she's 5' 7" weighs 140lb (10 stone) and her muscles are only as big as mine

she had also been gobbling oestrogen for seven years (undergoing gender reassignment in 2006) prior to her MMA debut

or are you suggesting women are too weak to break each other's faces?

As for who “would chop off their bollocks so they can win at women’s sports?”; Russia, China, The British Cycling team. I could go on.

oh really

all Russian and Chinese female athletes are neutered men are they

as is the British cycling team

deliberately switching genders so they can dominate women's sports, women's sports, with all the money and prestige that goes along with them

« Reply #2904 on: June 21, 2020, 11:19:24 PM »
The 'it was a joke all along, Richard's actually a GC hero!' thing he keeps doing only seems to prove that his jokes are unfunny and many of his supporters will believe anything he says. It's such a bizarre meme

Sian zinging Graham and getting the levels of likes he can only dream of. The student has become the master.

pigamus

• Sex, death, mayonnaise.
« Reply #2905 on: June 21, 2020, 11:36:16 PM »
It's like those women who want to marry Peter Sutcliffe.

PlanktonSideburns

• Get on the fet STAT
« Reply #2906 on: June 21, 2020, 11:38:34 PM »
It's like those women who want to marry Peter Sutcliffe.

gave me a proper chuckle

Barry Admin

• Fuck your shit tea
« Reply #2907 on: June 21, 2020, 11:39:13 PM »
When people mention Fallon Fox, they usually leave out that she got her shit pushed in during her third fight, and lost to Ashlee Evans-Smith by TKO.

The same people usually neglect to mention Pat Manuel, the trans man boxer: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricio_Manuel

chveik

• crazy bit of business
« Reply #2908 on: June 21, 2020, 11:40:35 PM »
yeah I've seen pictures of Fallon Fox, she's 5' 7" weighs 140lb (10 stone) and her muscles are only as big as mine

she had also been gobbling oestrogen for seven years (undergoing gender reassignment in 2006) prior to her MMA debut

or are you suggesting women are too weak to break each other's faces?

oh really

all Russian and Chinese female athletes are neutered men are they

as is the British cycling team

deliberately switching genders so they can dominate women's sports, women's sports, with all the money and prestige that goes along with them

I genuinely admire your patience

« Reply #2909 on: June 21, 2020, 11:55:07 PM »
I genuinely admire your patience
I first heard of Fallon Fox about 7 years ago. Some TERF in the comments section of I Blame The Patriarchy was sobbing hysterically about Fox "being allowed to break women's jaws in the ring", so I googled her to see if she was some hulking six foot guy in a wig pretending to be trans so he could beat up women for jolly. Oops no she wasn't. Perfectly normal looking woman whose testosterone levels were less than that of a cisgendered woman.

There's a lot of "just so" assumptions about trans folk and sports and as far as I can tell not much science.

Tags: