Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:17:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tiredness Kills - The Delightful Sausage

Started by Mantis Toboggan, May 12, 2020, 09:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is anybody else listening to this? I was put into it by some gadger on here and I've really enjoyed the first 3 episodes. Delighted to hear from everyone's favourite
Spoiler alert
Donny Soldier
[close]
on the latest one. I wasn't expecting that!

Small Man Big Horse

I haven't yet but I am fond of the duo, I saw them headline a gig a few months ago where they did about 50% of their most recent show and it was superb stuff, and made me want to see it in it's entirety.

DrGreggles

edwardfog

It's my favourite podcast now. I just think Christopher Louise has the funniest voice. The writing is so good but he absolutely kills every line, on the podcast just as much as in the live shows. They both do really. The segments with Anne are hysterical

Quote from: edwardfog on May 12, 2020, 11:50:19 AMThe segments with Anne are hysterical

Anne's voice is something special. It's been playing in my head for days.

xtheline

I love this podcast so much so far it's fantastic, especially Cousin Darren in the most recent one, fucking hilarious.

Mobius

I have never heard of these guys but am listening to S01E01 of 'Tiredness Kills' and am really enjoying it so far.

What's their older stuff? I assume from this thread that this podcast isn't their first venture

edwardfog

It's their first podcast but they've been an excellent live act for a few years now, and were nominated for the main award at Edinburgh last year. They have one of their earlier shows on NextUp and a segment in The Paddock

DrGreggles

Quote from: Mobius on May 18, 2020, 04:06:19 AM
I have never heard of these guys but am listening to S01E01 of 'Tiredness Kills' and am really enjoying it so far.

What's their older stuff? I assume from this thread that this podcast isn't their first venture

Cold Hard Cache is on NextUp, so sign up for the free trial and watch that NOW*!

*or whenever is convenient

Mobius

Cheers guys I've been watching some of their stuff on YouTube. Was really enjoying the podcast then sad when it ended after 3 episodes! Although number 4 just came out

iamcoop

Looking forward to listening to this. Saw their Ginsters Paradise show in Newcastle earlier in the year and and it was fucking superb.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 18, 2020, 10:45:42 AM
Cold Hard Cache is on NextUp, so sign up for the free trial and watch that NOW*!

*or whenever is convenient

I have to admit that I thought Cold Hard Cache was only quite good, really funny in places but a little rough around the edges, but given that it was their first ever show that's more than understandable, and everything I've seen of there's since has been excellent.

DrGreggles

Quote from: iamcoop on May 18, 2020, 02:24:53 PM
Looking forward to listening to this. Saw their Ginsters Paradise show in Newcastle earlier in the year and and it was fucking superb.

The most I laughed at any show at last year's Fringe. And I saw a LOT of shows.

edwardfog

Yeah Cold Hard Cache is definitely an early work. Ginster's Paradise is a masterpiece. I also saw a LOT of shows in 2019 and I think it was 3rd favourite for me behind Crybabies and Johnny White Really Really

Just listened to Episode 4 this afternoon. Jeez, it was pretty poor. Anne was a delight, as ever, but other than that I really struggled to enjoy it. Hopefully it's just a blip.

Well...this went downhill. The last 3 episodes were terrible. Barely a laugh amongst them. For some reason the hosts guffawing at each others tedious anecdotes got more infuriating as the episodes went on.

edwardfog

Strongly disagree. I think the high point was somewhere around episode 3 but it remained really strong throughout. Definitely my favourite new podcast of 2020 - hope they get to do a second series

DrGreggles

I thought it was fantastic throughout.
Hopefully the 'special' drops soon.