Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,349
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:34:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Started by BlodwynPig, May 12, 2020, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

1. Kryton
2. Buelligan
3. Dr. Greggles
4. Paul Calf
5. Rizla
6. Cerys
7. Cuellar
8. Delete Delete Delete
9. Prison Biscuits
10. Madhair
11. Ferris
12. Drummersaredeaf
13. JimBob
14. Shiftwork
15. Gib
16. This isnt witty sorry

Edit as I couldn't see all the ins.

Reserves:

Rue
Kittins
Unicycley

Spoon of Ploff

I give it 24 hours before this game falls apart, inciting a level of vitriol never seen before on these boards, and resulting on at least one PermaBan.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on May 13, 2020, 08:53:13 AM
I give it 24 hours before this game falls apart, inciting a level of vitriol never seen before on these boards, and resulting on at least one PermaBan.

SOW THE SEEDS

earl_sleek

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 13, 2020, 08:07:20 AM
Please join me. If Gib or MSG don't respond by midday today, we will do it.

CUT OFF: 16 players, 1 game, MY RULES (i.e. don't fucking snipe, I will follow the rules of the previous games, perhaps Round 1 as that is simpler, but I will be flexible - and if I fuck up don't blame Earl_Sleek, but please do give him plenty of credit in the event of an unalloyed success ).

Agreed!

chveik

I'd love to play at some point if it's possible please

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on May 13, 2020, 09:09:17 AM
I'd love to play at some point if it's possible please

Added to reserves, but only slim chance this Round as you'll need 5 to drop out

gib

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 13, 2020, 08:07:20 AM
Please join me. If Gib or MSG don't respond by midday today, we will do it.

CUT OFF: 16 players, 1 game, MY RULES (i.e. don't fucking snipe, I will follow the rules of the previous games, perhaps Round 1 as that is simpler, but I will be flexible - and if I fuck up - blame Earl_Sleek).

MSG is taking a much needed break. Blodders i can help, but you need to press pause, there's a few ducks to get lined up first and usually that happens before the sign up

BlodwynPig

We're sorting it out, Earl is pretty good - you are in the game BTW, so relax

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 13, 2020, 08:09:21 AM
1. Kryton
2. Buelligan
3. Dr. Greggles
4. Paul Calf
5. Rizla
6. Cerys
7. Cuellar
8. Delete Delete Delete
9. Prison Biscuits
10. Madhair
11. Ferris
12. Drummersaredeaf
13. JimBob
14. Shiftwork
15. Gib
16. This isnt witty sorry

Edit as I couldn't see all the ins.

Reserves:

Delete
Rue
Kittins
Unicycley

So i'm in the game and on the reserve list?

Buelligan

No, that's someone the GM has deleted shirley.

BlodwynPig

madhair60

Fishfinger

I think there's enough over spill to support two games. But I'd suggest two separate moderators in that case.

Fishfinger

Dunno what the fuck I'm on about. Never mind.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: madhair60 on May 13, 2020, 03:06:26 PM
Sorry, what do you mean by "don't snipe"?

BANNED

Madhair will be replaced by Rue

BlodwynPig

Shiftwork2 has withdrawn

Rue the Polywhirl has been subbed into the game

kittens

BlodwynPig

In anticipation of a 10pm start TODAY, here are a recap of the rules

The Rules

1. Game setup

This will be a standard Mafia timed game. Game Days will run for 24 hours commencing at either 10 PM or 10 AM UK time, and will be followed by a 12-hour Night phase.

The game is split into distinct Day and Night phases. In the Day, all players can interact with each other in the game thread, talking shit, asking questions, and trying to decide who should be lynched.

During the Night, game play stops and only the dark forces of Blodwyn's Island Invaders and Town specials can go to work. There is no public game thread and Town players cannot communicate with others about the game.

2. Teams

The GM (Game Master, i.e. me, assisted by Earl Sleek) have randomly assigned you a role in the game, on 1 of 2 teams: the Town players and Blodwyn's Island Invaders team.

The aim of the game for Town is to find and root out all threats, in other words find and lynch all members of Blodwyn's Island Invaders.

Blodwyn's Island Invaders team, on the other hand, need to achieve parity with Town -  equal numbers of Town and Invaders.

In this game there are 16 players and is an open setup.

There are 4 Island Invaders: 3 Invaders (Toad!, Hobo, and Mungo the Otter), who have no special powers, and the Minotaur, who will appear town-like if viewed at night by the Town Cop. Invaders can communicate with each other in secret during day and night phases.

There are 12 Town players: 9 vanilla Townies who have no special powers, a Town Doctor, a Town Cop and a Vigilante. Town players cannot communicate with each other outside of the public game thread.

Lynched or night-killed players can no longer participate in the game.

3. Lynch voting

Lynching is by voting and as this a timed game, it is a First Past The Post majority vote.

You may vote to lynch player x simply by posting vote player x (bold black text).

You can remove your vote at any time up until Nightfall by posting unvote player x, or by voting for another player - vote player y.

Whichever player has attracted the most votes at the designated Nightfall time will be lynched.

If there is a tie, the GM will randomise the lynch.

4. Night actions

Blodwyn's Island Invaders will choose another player to night-kill each night.

The Doc can choose to protect 1 player each night. That player will then survive if targeted by the Invaders for a night-kill. The Doc can protect him or herself but cannot protect the same player on 2 consecutive nights.

The Cop can choose to investigate 1 player each night, to find out if they appear to be aligned to Town or Invaders.

The Vigilante can choose to Night Kill one player during the night phase.

Town night phase actions must be communicated to myself and Earl Sleek by PM, at least one hour before sunrise.

5. The GM

Is God. Our word is law.

You may not quote the words of the GM in the game thread, including the description of your role or any private messages. You can paraphrase.

Earl Sleek will be assistant GM and will help answer any questions etc.

***IMPORTANT - Any breach of the rules, such as posting after end of nightfall, communicating outside of the recognised fora, editing of posts, not posting in the daytime thread, will be resolved swiftly and finally by a ban. Banned players will be replaced by those on the reserve list. If no further reserves are available, there will be no replacement.***

BlodwynPig

If you see any problems with the rules or want clarification, please reply in this thread (or PM if this could reveal your role) before Daybreak today at 10pm GMT.

Buelligan

Are there any snipes on the island?

Lovely snipe

Also, can we bring our own weapons?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on May 14, 2020, 08:50:34 AM
Are there any snipes on the island?

Lovely snipe

Also, can we bring our own weapons?

Any discussion on flora and fauna of the island will have to remain IN GAME only.

Please desist from discussing weapons outside of the game, also as this can be perceived as revelatory to some.

BlodwynPig

I will need EVERYONE to acknowledge that they are happy to go ahead with the game starting at 10pm tonight. A simple AYE in this thread will suffice.

Thank you for your continued support of the burgeoning CaB Happiness Initiative

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 14, 2020, 11:24:42 AM
You cannot sign up twice

If you're going to go all Solomon on me, I'll fetch my cutting implement (not saying what sort in this thread as that is interdicted).

Dark or white?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on May 14, 2020, 11:30:17 AM
If you're going to go all Solomon on me, I'll fetch my cutting implement (not saying what sort in this thread as that is interdicted).

Dark or white?

Minstrels?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Prison Biscuits on May 14, 2020, 11:36:25 AM
oui, monsieur. je suis IN

Sorry? Is that an AYE? If you cannot follow this simple RULE, I doubt you have what it takes to follow the instructions above.