Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,492
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:17:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Werewolves of London Mafia Day 4

Started by MSG, May 12, 2020, 09:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

let us into the secret boards!!!!!!

shiftwork2

That would have been an absolutely belting last couple of days given the state of play, which was only really known to us 3 bad 'uns.  What a shame.  Thanks to all the players, and thanks to gib and MSG.

selectivememory

We (me and Cuellar) were convinced that Ferris was the alpha.

https://123.writeboard.com/lp3pb92obnb1vytc1revmsrw

Password: Whitechapel

gib

Quote from: Buelligan on May 12, 2020, 10:51:43 PM
I'd like to say I don't believe this was gib's responsibility whatsoever.  I stand by that.  I think he's done an amazing job, bringing us this really good game and doing so much work.  I don't really blame MSG either, (s)he fucked up, we all fuck up but then, unfortunately, tried to fix it in a dreadfully cack-handed and thoughtless way.  Nevertheless I thank MSG for all the work done here, it was just one slip up that really fucked up.  Hopefully, we'll all feel OK about it very soon.

this is exactly right

btw my 'amazing job' was just marketing, the tough job is running the game.

Buelligan

I know you both worked very hard.  And we all got a lot of pleasure from it.

Ferris

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 12, 2020, 11:04:49 PM
That would have been an absolutely belting last couple of days given the state of play, which was only really known to us 3 bad 'uns.  What a shame.  Thanks to all the players, and thanks to gib and MSG.

I felt really bad kamikaze-ing you right away. Sorry about that!

I was on to buelligan, investigated her last night and she came back clean, but I still wasn't convinced which is why I was after gib to confirm if we'd find out whether torso was alpha or not.

Would have still been a slog down to 1 wolf though

Gregory Torso

If it's any consolation Ferris, you would have been toast tonight.

selectivememory

Yeah, big thanks to gib and MSG. Was a lot of fun. I was roaring with laughter on that first day at some of kittens' posts. I was so sure he was a wolf.

Ferris

Quote from: selectivememory on May 12, 2020, 11:05:05 PM
We (me and Cuellar) were convinced that Ferris was the alpha.

https://123.writeboard.com/lp3pb92obnb1vytc1revmsrw

Password: Whitechapel

I'm amazed you thought I was that good at it. Surely my play style was absurdly risky for an alpha wolf!

kittens

if you'd all listened to me we could've got through this without a drop of blood spilled

shiftwork2

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 12, 2020, 11:09:18 PM
I felt really bad kamikaze-ing you right away. Sorry about that!

I was on to buelligan, investigated her last night and she came back clean, but I still wasn't convinced which is why I was after gib to confirm if we'd find out whether torso was alpha or not.

Would have still been a slog down to 1 wolf though

Nah it was a fun Sunday afternoon.  Yes we thought you'd go Buells and perhaps wouldn't accept the 'town'.  Keeping you in was a delicious prospect tbh as we were expecting a serious mob reaction and if there wasn't, well, you were next for the chops.

Gregory Torso

If you want to know why there was no kill on the first night it's because the wolves AND the town doctor both decided completely at random to attack/protect Cuellar.

Gregory Torso

We were convinced Cuellar was the doctor and had protected himself which is why he went on the second night.

kittens

what happened tonight? and can we get in the werewolf board pls

Thanks MSg and Gib, these games have been some of the best threads we have had in genral bullshit for quite a while. The engagment has been fantastic. Having ran a few communal things on the Net I can safely say Fuck Ups happen all the time.

It can be stressful taking on too much, and we have to bear in mind that MSG is in a differnt time zone and is having his own life with all that entails. So hopefully no hard feelings.

shiftwork2

Shall we let them read all about it team?  The bad 'un thread is double the length of the actual thread.

Buelligan

I still don't understand why you, Ferris, didn't stay quiet and do more investigation before outing yourself.  For someone who's approach seems logic-based it was an odd decision.  I would like to know the answer.

Please do, the last two mafia boards have been great reading,

shiftwork2

Ferris

Yeah go on, I'm enjoying reading about how I'm playing everyone like fiddles while drinking vast quantities of Guinness and making absurd moves.

Buelligan

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 12, 2020, 11:16:29 PM
Shall we let them read all about it team?  The bad 'un thread is double the length of the actual thread.

I think it might be better left closed.  I was quite forthright at the end.  Bygones and all that.

kittens

absolutely dreading reading my treatment in the wolf board

Ferris

Quote from: Buelligan on May 12, 2020, 11:17:11 PM
I still don't understand why you, Ferris, didn't stay quiet and do more investigation before outing yourself.  For someone who's approach seems logic-based it was an odd decision.  I would like to know the answer.

Honestly? I was being totally genuine in all the reasons I gave.

I knew I had work this week, and didn't expect to be as quiet as I had been. I assumed the average town copper would be able to knock off one wolf maybe, out of the 2 I could see.

I saw an opportunity to do that so I took it, knowing that if I was taken out then I'd still take the wolf out with me and I'd be too busy at work to care.

I think I told 2 lies in all my posting

kittens

i told zero lies and therefore am the better player

Gregory Torso

I have to confess, I called pancreas a "sack of shit" and "a load of bollocks". I'm sorry, mate, I got caught up in the game.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Buelligan on May 12, 2020, 11:19:41 PM
I think it might be better left closed.  I was quite forthright at the end.  Bygones and all that.
oh ok

There's nowt much there in my opinion.

I trusted Ferris on the basis of outing a wolf, and perhaps feeling he had to get himself out of a mire by giving useful info. I also suspected he would be challenged if not the actual cop, but there's not much reason to lie in the way he did, because it puts him at massive risk of a lynching early game with everything still so opaque. It suggests his early dithering was just that - assuming shiftwork proved to be the correct call.

Buelligan

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 12, 2020, 11:20:16 PM
Honestly? I was being totally genuine in all the reasons I gave.

I knew I had work this week, and didn't expect to be as quiet as I had been. I assumed the average town copper would be able to knock off one wolf maybe, out of the 2 I could see.

I saw an opportunity to do that so I took it, knowing that if I was taken out then I'd still take the wolf out with me and I'd be too busy at work to care.

I think I told 2 lies in all my posting

No, no, I didn't mean there were lies or anything.  I just thought, if I were the cop, I would've done more investigation before making myself a target.  I wanted to know why you didn't feel that way.

Ferris

For clarity, my 2 lies:

The reason I didn't give a real name right away was because I hadn't read the mod message closely enough to determine we actually had names. But I didn't want to say that.

The reason I investigated shiftwork on night 1 was because his avatar looks the most like a wolf, and he was keeping his head down. It was genuinely a lucky guess.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 12, 2020, 11:16:05 PM
Thanks MSg and Gib, these games have been some of the best threads we have had in genral bullshit for quite a while. The engagment has been fantastic. Having ran a few communal things on the Net I can safely say Fuck Ups happen all the time.

It can be stressful taking on too much, and we have to bear in mind that MSG is in a differnt time zone and is having his own life with all that entails. So hopefully no hard feelings.

Aye, I hope my previous post doesn't come across as being ungrateful to gibs and MSG (who until now, I thought were the same person - with one account being a sockpuppet account).  Whilst it is frustrating the way the game ended, I am extremely grateful for the effort put into running this game.  It's been a lot of fun.