Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:38:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Werewolves of London Mafia Day 4

Started by MSG, May 12, 2020, 09:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

the secret board remains sealed
the truth about why the game ended filed away
us townsfolk just stood around asking why
so sad

gib

Quote from: shiftwork2 on May 12, 2020, 11:16:29 PM
Shall we let them read all about it team?  The bad 'un thread is double the length of the actual thread.

the dress rehearsals on the scumboard were amazing, i've played for over a decade and have never seen so much concerted effort. this is why i feel so bad about it but thanks everyone for being so nice about what happened

kittens

Gregory Torso

OK OK, fine. Yesterday morning, when posting the remaining players, MSG accidentally left in the message "Jim Bob protects Jim Bob", revealing that JB was the doctor. I wrote on Wolf Chat something like 'er should that be there' and the post was swiftly edited, but the mods knew I'd seen it. Natually we chose to kill JB, but I was killed too, although I had recieved no warning or message of any kind about that.

Ferris

Quote from: kittens on May 12, 2020, 11:22:58 PM
the secret board remains sealed
the truth about why the game ended filed away
us townsfolk just stood around asking why
so sad

This would be a good documentary. It could ask the Big Questions, and we could look sad and mournful while Everybody Hurts by REM plays

Jim Bob

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 12, 2020, 11:22:27 PM
For clarity, my 2 lies:

The reason I didn't give a real name right away was because I hadn't read the mod message closely enough to determine we actually had names. But I didn't want to say that.

The reason I investigated shiftwork on night 1 was because his avatar looks the most like a wolf, and he was keeping his head down. It was genuinely a lucky guess.

For the record, I told a single lie throughout the entire game; actually not really even a lie really (a white lie at worst); when I referred to the town Doctor in the third person, as to not reveal it was myself.  Everything else I said was entirely upfront and honest (which describes my personality to a tee).  Maybe next time I swear on my family's life, you cunts will believe me!

"Oooohhhhh, that Jim Bob is definitely a wolf. Why else would he swear on his family's life if he was a townie?!"

Sake.

kittens

i mean, it's very easy to say i swear on my family's life about something and it not be true

kittens

i swear on my family's life that the sky is green

Hmmm I think away round that issue could of been just telling you guys that he was going to reasign the Dcotor role, but whats done is done.

kittens

Quote from: kittens on May 12, 2020, 11:29:00 PM
i swear on my family's life that the sky is green

so it doesn't work. however knowing jim bob i felt that he wouldn't do that, so pretty much believed him from the off

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 12, 2020, 11:29:30 PM
Hmmm I think away round that issue could of been just telling you guys that he was going to reasign the Dcotor role, but whats done is done.

Yes, or just told us we were not allowed to night kill the Doctor.

But it's under the bridge now, down into the sewers, out to sea...

Jim Bob

Quote from: Gregory Torso on May 12, 2020, 11:25:22 PM
OK OK, fine. Yesterday morning, when posting the remaining players, MSG accidentally left in the message "Jim Bob protects Jim Bob", revealing that JB was the doctor. I wrote on Wolf Chat something like 'er should that be there' and the post was swiftly edited, but the mods knew I'd seen it. Natually we chose to kill JB, but I was killed too, although I had recieved no warning or message of any kind about that.

Ah, okay.  That makes sense now.  Yeah, the game was pretty much fucked at that point.  Also explains why I was killed off, when that didn't make much sense tactically to do at that point for the wolves (ferris was the obvious target, which is why I had voted to protect him last night - the "Jim Bob protects Jim Bob" message was from Day 2 orders I PM'd to MSG, so not sure why that appeared in a post in Day 3)

gib

ferris outing himself as cop was the correct thing to do for the reasons his guinness fuelled mind said at the time,
one scum for one town is a good deal for town

Jim Bob

Quote from: kittens on May 12, 2020, 11:28:31 PM
i mean, it's very easy to say i swear on my family's life about something and it not be true

I guess.  Just makes me angry and disgusted that people would do that and that they think that I'm as bigger cunt as them and would do so also.  People ought not to be swearing on their family's life and not meaning it, especially over a silly little Internet game about werewolves.

I never dobuted Ferris as the cop, espcially when he delivered a Wolf.

Gregory Torso

I was so ready to go into battle against Ferris though. We could have definitely played upt he angle that him and shiftwork were trying to flush the real cop out.

FWB = Filthy Wolf Baddie

kittens

doubted him at first, but once shiftwork was gone i knew he was our boy. the only reason i ever felt people were werewolves was that they voted for me. i'm bad at this game. never suspected pancreas though because i know he genuinely wants to kill me.

gib

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 12, 2020, 11:27:31 PM
For the record, I told a single lie throughout the entire game; actually not really even a lie really (a white lie at worst); when I referred to the town Doctor in the third person, as to not reveal it was myself.  Everything else I said was entirely upfront and honest (which describes my personality to a tee).  Maybe next time I swear on my family's life, you cunts will believe me!

"Oooohhhhh, that Jim Bob is definitely a wolf. Why else would he swear on his family's life if he was a townie?!"

Sake.

the third person stuff was really good play. As a town special you want to appear vanilla. Vanilla townies need to reciprocate.

Jim Bob

Quote from: kittens on May 12, 2020, 11:30:20 PM
so it doesn't work.

It's not about whether swearing on your family's life has any kind of bearing on whether they die or not.  It's about having a moral and ethical code, whereby you wouldn't say such things lightly, because you fucking love your family.  What if, by pure chance, you swore on your family's life as a lie and the next day, a beloved family member died in a car crash!  How the fuck would that feel?!  It really makes me angry that, going by the game, most people would be only to happy too swear on their family's life as a lie.  I despair sometimes, I really fucking do.  Fuck this life.

Ferris couldn't have survived much longer. If he lasted another day without a night kill I'd have been inclined to organise a pile on myself. You couldn't take him into the end game with the risk it was an elaborate ploy, especially once only the alpha remained.

kittens

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 12, 2020, 11:37:26 PM
It's not about whether swearing on your family's life has any kind of bearing on whether they die or not.  It's about having a moral and ethical code, whereby you wouldn't say such things lightly, because you fucking love your family.  What if, by pure chance, you swore on your family's life as a lie and the next day, a beloved family member died in a car crash!  How the fuck would that feel?!  It really makes me angry that, going by the game, most people would be only to happy to swear on their family's life as a lie.  I despair sometimes, I really fucking do.

i would see it as a coincidence. i would feel bad about the dead family member but i would know it had nothing to do with what i said.

You could leave him in the game with just the Alpha left, he could only sow disinformation then.

Jim Bob

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 12, 2020, 11:38:04 PM
Ferris couldn't have survived much longer. If he lasted another day without a night kill I'd have been inclined to organise a pile on myself. You couldn't take him into the end game with the risk it was an elaborate ploy, especially once only the alpha remained.

My plan was to alternate between protecting Ferris (Town Cop) one night and myself (Town Doc) the next, for as long as possible.

Gregory Torso

Why did you protect Cuellar on the first night, JB? Was it just pure chance?

Jim Bob

Quote from: Gregory Torso on May 12, 2020, 11:40:53 PM
Why did you protect Cuellar on the first night, JB? Was it just pure chance?

Aye, it was all pure guess work, as is usually the case on day 1; just going by who seemed the most innocent on what little evidence there was to go off.

Gregory Torso

Just happened we'd picked Cuellar at random to kill!

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 12, 2020, 11:39:38 PM
You could leave him in the game with just the Alpha left, he could only sow disinformation then.

Doesn't disinformation only serve the mafia at that point though? He can only know who the vanilla wolves are, so once they are gone, the cop effectively becomes vanilla themselves. If I made it to the last three with Ferris it would have been agonising. Plus, a pile on coordinated in the right way might help to flush out the alpha.

Buelligan

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 12, 2020, 11:38:04 PM

Once only the Alpha remains, the cop has no value or only equal value to any other townie.  It would be madness not to lynch them at that point, for the avoidance of doubt.

Ferris

Quote from: Buelligan on May 12, 2020, 11:52:24 PM
Once only the Alpha remains, the cop has no value or only equal value to any other townie.  It would be madness not to lynch them at that point, for the avoidance of doubt.

Yeah, I was amazed I made it as long as I did