Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Vikings s 6

Started by Dex Sawash, May 12, 2020, 10:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Just found out this already happened. No one cared.

robotam

The second half of the season hasn't been on, has it?
First half was alright. Same as usual. Some pretty significant stuff happens, I guess.

Dex Sawash

I only watched 5 minutes of the 1st one to see if it was really new.
I'll probably watch it all and hate the bad legs one. I hate the bad legs one.

Poobum

Quite enjoyed the first half, interested to see how the second half finishes. The introduction of the Rus is fun, and Prince Oleg is a good scenery chewing villain for Ivar to pal around with. Lots of silly soap opera relationship stuff and cringe worthy sex scenes a plenty. It just about has enough interesting characters to last 10 (?) more episodes, but its definitely time for it to end. There's only so many battles for Kattegat a person can stomach.

Dex Sawash

Watched two of these now, will press on for completism. If series 1 began like this I would quit immediately. Why didn't they just go fly a big dog instead of that magic balloon that somehow creates lift from airspeed? Hvitserk needs to watch some TPB for drunk acting tips off Mr Lahey.

NoSleep

Started watching season 6 but lost the will to bother getting to the end of the current episodes.

Dex Sawash

On episode 6 or 7, I kind of like Ivar now he is just arsing about with the russian kid instead of constant
<Ivar yells and pulls a face>

Fat lumpy face King is a cheap Brando's Kurtz

Poobum

Gets funny when they try to get all meaningful and profound with Ivar and Bjorn's psychic chats. I wonder if they had the budget they'd have gone for Oleg's actual attack on Constantinople, rather that invading Scandinavia for some reason, even though the driving force of Viking expansion was it being a bit shit. Is a shame we didn't see anyone going and being a Varangian, considering we've covered almost all of vikingdom. Maybe might happen yet.

Fr.Bigley

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

It's still going? I quit after Bjorn's daughter drowned and nobody cared. That was the third little girl character who got killed off and there weren't even any emotional consequence. Nope, skip ahead six years to Ragnar coming back after quitting opium.

Nobody ever gives a fuck when their child dies on this show, it's great.

S6 pros: no more fucking useless Iceland plot,
Spoiler alert
finally getting rid of Lagertha
[close]
(although wasting an entire episode on
Spoiler alert
her funeral
[close]
was one of the worst cases of "spinning their wheels" I've ever seen on a TV show), the Ivor storyline (which is the only reason I'll keep watching till the end at this point).

Cons: Bjon being reduced to an imbecile who thinks with his dick, the death of
Spoiler alert
Harald (unforgivable!)
[close]
, Ubbe going mad (wouldn't be so bad if the actor was any good, he seems to have gone to the Phil Mitchell on crack school of acting intoxicated), the other brother and Torvi are boring as fuck too.