Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:25:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Racists annoyed at Fred Perry on Twitter

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 13, 2020, 01:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Some racists on Twitter are annoyed at the brand Fred Perry for featuring BAME models in their advertising campaigns. I'm sure Fred Perry is worried that a few dozen white supremacists who want us to go back to the 1950s but without the welfare state won't buy their products any more.

And then gammons in the media get annoyed when people say Britain is racist. Imagine getting annoyed because a model has different skin colour to you. It's bizarre and disturbing.

Fambo Number Mive

I wonder if this will be like the Nike "boycott" with people destroying their Fred Perry clothes. And then buying some more in a few weeks.

madhair60

What's BAME, I'm not up with all the CaB memes atm

idunnosomename

i cant be doing with racists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: madhair60 on May 13, 2020, 02:51:16 PM

Black, Asian and minority ethnic

madhair60

bgmnts

Does the Asian in BAME mean people from the south asian sub continent or from the far east?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: bgmnts on May 13, 2020, 03:14:03 PM
Does the Asian in BAME mean people from the south asian sub continent or from the far east?

Only a true racist would ask a question like that.

bgmnts

I am a massive racist to be fair. I do feel bad for all the people that don't get their own letter in the acronym though.

Danger Man

Quote from: madhair60 on May 13, 2020, 02:51:16 PM

White people used to have terrible names for non-white people which non-white people would never say.

Now they have nice names for non-white which non-white people will never say.

Pijlstaart

If I see a non-white person wearing the same clothes as me, should I try to take their clothes off, or just remove my own?

It is becoming a challenge just getting through the day now, I saw a muslim family walking past with a dog recently, guess that's dog-owning ruined then, can't even have dogs anymore. There's this asian fellow who comes by every two weeks dressed as a binman and tries to steal my bins, I have to chase him away with a mop.

ollyboro

Quote from: bgmnts on May 13, 2020, 03:14:03 PM
South Asian, mate. Otherwise they'd be called BOME.*

* Black, Oh he looks like he might be- but equally might not be- Chinese, Minority Ethnic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Sebastian Cobb

Bit late for Fred Perry to be distancing themselves from racism tbf.

Fambo Number Mive

Aren't their clothes mainly worn by ska and two tone fans as opposed to fash?

Zetetic

Pretty sure racism is more popular than two tone these days.

Dewt

I love watching people airing their grievances about this stuff but still trying to maintain that they are not racist. Just the incredible ambition required to even attempt that.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Pretty sure 75% of the racists on twitter are just bots?

ollyboro

Both Fred Perry and Red Rum won a much loved National sporting event three times, both died in 1995 and both were geldings. Makes you think.

Buelligan

Quote from: Zetetic on May 13, 2020, 05:57:03 PM
Pretty sure racism is more popular than two tone these days.

Pretty sure Fred Perry's advertising agency have just realised that.

Cold Meat Platter

I suppose these idiots would rather it was white people blacked up?
This country. Or whatever country it is.

Neomod

Racists not very good at youth tribe history shocka!

Remember when horses were famous, like Red Rum, Desert Orchid and Shergar. You never hear about any famous horses these days. That's sad.

gib

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 13, 2020, 05:56:15 PM
Aren't their clothes mainly worn by ska and two tone fans as opposed to fash?

yes, and i'm not aware that many of today's fascists identify with 60s skinhead culture in the slightest

jobotic

I didn't know this but just discovered that the Proud Boys all wear them for some reason. Or did three years ago.

I've got one upstairs. Unite the right

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 13, 2020, 01:50:57 PM
Some racists on Twitter are annoyed at the brand Fred Perry for featuring BAME models in their advertising campaigns. I'm sure Fred Perry is worried that a few dozen white supremacists who want us to go back to the 1950s but without the welfare state won't buy their products any more.

And then gammons in the media get annoyed when people say Britain is racist. Imagine getting annoyed because a model has different skin colour to you. It's bizarre and disturbing.

I reckon Fred Perry actually wants us to go back to the 1930s. He was alive & really good at tennis then.  The racism of the time would just be an added bonus.