Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:59:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brassic - season 2

Started by Head Gardener, May 13, 2020, 02:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

I knew nowt about this until I saw a trailer by chance and have consequently binged the first series and have nearly finished the second,
am I alone in loving this? I noticed one thing which made me think oooh, the main guy in it Joseph Gilgun (aka Woody from This Is England)
has LOL tattooed on his hand, I assumed this was to tie in with his character in TIE but he must actually have it on his hand as it's still there.

up_the_hampipe

Love this show. Gilgun is always great, his delivery is masterful, it can elevate even some of the cheapest jokes. First episode of season two was a cracker, looking forward to the rest. This is probably better for Comedy Chat though, right? It's largely a comedy.

Head Gardener

yeah but it's a TV show too, couldn't see a thread for it anywhere which surprised me (although someone will pull one out from months ago no doubt)

steveh

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=74731.0

Three episodes in and it doesn't seem to have succumbed to the usual second series dip.

AsparagusTrevor

I loved the first series, a bit derivative sometimes but very enjoyable, definitely helped along by the performances. The only thing that never convinced me was Michelle Keegan, nothing against her acting but I though her flawless attractiveness didn't really fit in with the world.

It's amusing to me that Joe Gilgun, from Chorley, played an Irish vampire in Preacher, and Irish actor Damien Molony adopts a Chroley accent in this and played an English vampire in Being Human. Nice little coincidence that's amusing to sad gits like me.

Head Gardener

Quote from: steveh on May 13, 2020, 03:16:00 PM
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=74731.0

Three episodes in and it doesn't seem to have succumbed to the usual second series dip.

well no wonder I couldn't find a thread for it, still S02 deserves it's own really, I feel the same about Michelle Keegan too, just unconvincingly too pretty

up_the_hampipe

Michelle Keegan says that Peter Kay has been "in talks" to perhaps join the show. So let's just enjoy this while it's good.