Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:37:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What Do We Think Is A Better Name For This Child Board?

Started by weekender, May 13, 2020, 07:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekender

I've always liked the name 'Natasha', but I'm not sure that it's overtly relevant to technology.

weekender

A 'child board' doesn't sound particularly appealing, my bad.

weekender

This is like that time I went to the little boy's room only to be disappointed that there were no little boys there.

chveik

edit; this was not on apparently

daf

TECHNO! TECHNO! TECHNO! TECHNO!

Technobollox

R.I.P. Rig and Panic

Cerys

The Nerd Herd
The Geek Clique
The Spark Ark
Tech-Knowledgie
HELP ME WITH MY TECH YOU CUNTS

Cerys

Barry Admin

Motherboard is definitely the best so far! But I should really change that default "child board" shit, so it won't make much sense when I do. Hmm.

Cerys

Do they all end up with the same label, or could you keep 'Child Boards' for Aubrey, with 'Motherboards' for here, and ... I dunno, 'Surf Boards' for Updates?

Barry Admin

Haha that'd be great, but sadly it's one global string that will change all other instances.

Cerys

bomb_dog

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

BlodwynPig

touchingcloth

JesusAndYourBush

madhair60

Dex Sawash

weekender

Would it be better if the whole Gaming / Technology boards were somehow merged into one?

I don't really understand why the new Technology child board is a child board of Picture Box, when it seems that it would be a better fit under the 'Live Die Live' gaming board.

Just a thought - I of course don't understand the logistical intricacies behind the administration of this website.

Speaking as a kind and gentle man who reached his middle age a long time ago, I can accept that there are reasons for apparent inconsistencies, and I will of course naturally defer to them.

Speaking as an unkind bastard, I'm suggesting that Barry Admin might have pressed a wrong button and put the child board in the wrong place :)

Ambient Sheep

Yeah it seems strange that it's under Picture Box rather than Live Die Live (or better still, a proper subforum in its own right), but I suspect it's because Barry hardly ever goes into Picture Box.

He's mentioned before that it holds all the stuff that has no interest for him, so I'm guessing that from his point of view it's a good place to dump other stuff that he has no interest in. :-)

magval

Quote from: weekender on May 18, 2020, 06:52:57 PM
Would it be better if the whole Gaming / Technology boards were somehow merged into one?

Like it was a few months ago!