Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:02:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What Do We Think Is A Better Name For This Child Board?

Started by weekender, May 13, 2020, 07:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Techno prisoners

edit: Aaaaw, someone else do a shitter one. I can't cope with the new page spotlight.

kalowski

I used Talk to transformer
A list of better names for this technology focused board:
1. Child board

2. Spin board  (doesn't seem to be used anymore)
3. Balloon board  (used to be called  Balloon Pop )
5. Frisbee board
6. Square board  (from Lego/ Star Wars )
7. Actuator board (used to be called  Cast-D-Voodoo  )
8. Tri board  (used to be called  Dig-Dug  )
9. Jet board  (used to be called  CutterBoard  )
10. Hobo Wheel (used to be called  Kembo Board )
11. Chip punch board

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: weekender on May 18, 2020, 06:52:57 PM
Would it be better if the whole Gaming / Technology boards were somehow merged into one?

Well, Barry has been quite clear in the past that he doesn't want non-gaming posts in the gaming forum, hence my suggestion earlier in the thread.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Blumf

weekender

I think there should be a whole forum devoted to animals.

JamesTC

Barry Admin

Quote from: magval on May 20, 2020, 08:32:26 PM
Like it was a few months ago!

Never intentionally so, it was always just a gaming forum that people started using for tech queries as well.

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 20, 2020, 01:26:58 PM
Yeah it seems strange that it's under Picture Box rather than Live Die Live (or better still, a proper subforum in its own right), but I suspect it's because Barry hardly ever goes into Picture Box.

He's mentioned before that it holds all the stuff that has no interest for him, so I'm guessing that from his point of view it's a good place to dump other stuff that he has no interest in. :-)

TBH I can't even remember my exact thought process now, but part of it was basically "broken computers and hi-fi's and databases and stuff like that don't really have anything to do with playing video games."

Replies From View

Barry Admin

Goldentony came up with "PC Gone Mad", which I like enough to go with for now :-) thanks tho, fun to read all the suggestions.

Blumf

Quote from: weekender on May 21, 2020, 09:51:58 PM
I think there should be a whole forum devoted to animals.

What about the other Pink Floyd albums?

daf

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 01, 2020, 03:08:10 PM
Goldentony came up with "PC Gone Mad"

As soon as I saw it, I was kicking myself for not spotting such an apposite epithet.

Well done to Goldentony - great work!

Replies From View

TechNonce came a close second though, I'll bet.  Neil was up all night trying to pick one or the other and he couldn't do it and in the end it came down to flipping a coin.  And even though he didn't say it he wants me to know it was an extremely close call and I should continue sending in my thread title ideas for future contests.

Cheers Neil!  I will!!

NoSleep