Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:29:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Eastenders and Top Gear to resume filming in June

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 14, 2020, 11:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Quote...The BBC said it would use "strictly limited" crews and stick to government guidelines when it resumes.

BBC director of content Charlotte Moore said: "We're also exploring ways to re-start filming on more dramas and other major BBC shows as soon as possible."

Writing in The Telegraph, she said the broadcaster wanted to "help fire up the engines of British TV production - safely and sensibly"...

Can't imagine Phil having a socially distanced fight with Danny Dyer's character or whatever happens in Eastenders.

It would be good if the characters wore masks in shops etc to encourage viewers to comply, although I don't know what the timeframe is between filming an episode and it being aired. I imagine we'll still need to wear masks in shops and on public transport for at least a year. And I would like to see a storyline where a character is written out after being blase about social distancing and ending up dying of coronavirus. Might make a few Eastenders viewers tighten up on social distancing.

Top Gear seems doable but in both cases I feel sorry for the crews risking their lives so people can watch the Slaters argue or people drive cars around.