Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:04:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sports and sport training to resume

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 14, 2020, 08:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Football matches to be played being closed doors from 12th June. Isn't football a sport where it is hard to social distance?

Does seem far too early and not a priority, but I think the government believe that most people in the UK are obsessed with football. Nothing against the sport but I think we can wait for a few more months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52665805

Meanwhile professional cricket training has restarted. Physios will need to wear PPE to treat injuries, sourced and funded by the ECB. Again this feels far too early.

https://www.ecb.co.uk/england/men/news/1668537/-england-men-s-players-set-to-return-to-individual-training

Abnormal Palm

Utter madness, like the whole fucking thing. The government are cunts and British people are stupid, ignorant, exceptionalist, giddy slaves to their superiors. Utter fuckwits. Stay safe and wait for a load of the cunts to die and wise up.

Rizla

Lunacy. I keep getting emails asking if I'm planning to renew my season ticket - what about a fucking refund for the 7 or 8 games that didn't happen (which wouldn't have made a difference to the mediocre midtable place we were heading for anyway), and considering, due to some stupid rule they brought in making my bit of the stadium a family-only area, I had to spend £50 on a child s/t to keep my sweet aisle-end seat, they can fuck off.

Sorry, I'm upset, football's one of the only things I actually miss being in a crowd of cunts for.

BlodwynPig

Bonkers, Liverpool Premier League Champions 2020*

Abnormal Palm

This is how fucked up I think this is:

I would rather they just gave Liverpool the title now and Gordon Taylor said fair fuckin play you were very good.

This is just exponential death sentences. One of the worst things that has happened in my lifetime, along with all the other shit these cunts are pulling.

idunnosomename

i went for a walk and saw a local golf course by the footpath. absolutely packed. i cant see how this virus' infection rate isnt going to fucking skyrocket in this country next few weeks. im more likely to take personal precautions than ever before because for a lot of people restrictions are all over now. I mean not because im scared of dying, just because im unwilling to be a part of spreading it

imitationleather

Maybe when there's a massive incease in deaths in a month the news will just stop talking about it. Then people will just forget there even is a virus and get back to saying Brexit needs to be harder.

Pranet

Yeah I had a similar golf course experience today. Thinking now is a time to take extra precautions because a lot of people won't be because they have got bored/think it is all over. When the numbers start going up again soon maybe people will start be careful again.

honeychile

I just don't get what the point of this is. I genuinely appreciate people miss the football, but i can't see how it can be done safely, or why it's important enough to be cracking on with, not least when it probably has one of the highest proportion of black employees of any profession.

Just screen some online Fifa matches or something like they did with the Grand National.

imitationleather

It's because of the amount of money involved. Actual fans would prefer it not to return as watching football being played in empty stadiums is shit anyway. (And also because if it's all cancelled then it'll be hilariously harsh on Liverpool. Can't forget that.)

I've decided I definitely hate football, and was unlikely to renew a season ticket next year (mostly financial, but it was the excuse I needed). This fuckdown has been a blessed relief from the monotony of it all. Entire Saturdays written off watching a load of blokes who look like they'd rather be streaming a gangbang over Tiktok or moaning about their haircut on FIFA 20. Shit pies that are too hot to eat and go up your sleeve the second you try to manipulate the shitty foil to take a bite after your spork snaps against the concrete pastry. A succession of chancers and frauds. The coldest ground in the country and a season that runs mostly in Autumn and Winter. Three layers including thermals and still having no idea which direction your piss will go because your johnson is mostly internal.

It's wank and can stay cancelled forever for me. Give me a partial refund on my ST and turn the training ground into a retirement village. Get it fucked off.