Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:33:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cook'd and Bomb'd Mafia: Blodwyn's Island Day 1

Started by BlodwynPig, May 14, 2020, 10:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 15, 2020, 12:28:09 AM
I know what/where Jersey is!

This was purely a lack of Bergerac knowledge on my part.

You and gib are now on a final warning

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 15, 2020, 06:40:31 AM
*yawn*
*stretch*

That was a bracing night under canvas. The bacon is on and the coffee is brewing and it's a splendid morning. I wonder where the abrasive Jim Bergerac is this morning?

Nightfall has not happened yet.

Nightfall in 14 hours 48 minutes

Cerys

No?  Nobody wants to play quoits?  Well, that's disappointing.  I'd suggest Scrabble, but my spelling isn't exactly the best, if I'm honest.  Um.  Haha.

DrGreggles

Cuellar

Awful lot of 'retired' coppers round here I must say.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 15, 2020, 07:36:03 AM
About what?

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 14, 2020, 10:15:47 PM
***MOD POST***

This is a game that requires you use your imagination. No more 'faux' ignorance when it comes to not knowing anything about the masterpiece of TV or face sanctions. You are in the game now. Open your minds or your ass will follow.

DrGreggles

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 15, 2020, 08:17:53 AM
What about actual ignorance?

You can have that in abundance outside of the game. Inside the game you are considered a character and as such, breaking the fourth wall is strictly forbidden. Anyone breaking it from now on will receive 1 night action or 1 day time ban.

ps. you are allowed to use google to shape your character

Paul Calf

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 15, 2020, 07:13:03 AM
Nightfall has not happened yet.

Nightfall in 14 hours 48 minutes

Oh. I thought there was a nightfall stage first.

A retired fuzz has to sleep, you know...

Paul Calf

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 15, 2020, 08:40:25 AM
Oh. I thought there was a night before a day.

A retired fuzz has to sleep, you know...

BlodwynPig

***MOD POST***

Madhair60, you have 13 hours and 9 minutes to post in this thread.

Very quiet on the island right now. All the alcoholic ex-coppers must be sleeping off their mid-day claret binges. Just heading down to the Cash-and-Carry to pick up 500 Lambert & Butler and a case of Famous Grouse. Anyway want to come along?

Cuellar

No sorry I've got some wistful looking out to sea to do.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Prison Biscuits on May 15, 2020, 11:40:11 AM
Very quiet on the island right now. All the alcoholic ex-coppers must be sleeping off their mid-day claret binges. Just heading down to the Cash-and-Carry to pick up 500 Lambert & Butler and a case of Famous Grouse. Anyway want to come along?

I'll come. I could do with picking up some of that 3-for-2 sherry.

gib

I appear to have got off on the wrong foot with the authorities on this island. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Peggy Masters and top of my list of likes is being a a secretary. Top of my my list of dislikes is any kind of role play.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: gib on May 15, 2020, 11:53:05 AM
I appear to have got off on the wrong foot with the authorities on this island. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Peggy Masters and top of my list of likes is being a a secretary. Top of my my list of dislikes is any kind of role play.

Careful, there...

madhair60

SALUT SLUTS!  JE M'APPEL WILLY PETTIT AND (ASIDE) A' DARE SAY 'E WILL!! AW HEE HAW HEE HAW! I REFER OF COURSE TO LES VAGIN AVEC LE FILLE AWWWW HEE HAWWWWWWWWW

Buelligan

I knew it!  I 'ave been waiting for you, your ami, Danielle Aubry.  I kiss your hairy cheeks!

Quote from: Prison Biscuits on May 15, 2020, 11:40:11 AM

Non, I decide to remain here.  Get some some of your weedy sunshine on my famous leg.  But, whilst you're 'ere, I would like to confide something, I believe in not beating about the bush.  So let me tell you a little something - I am a beautiful, charming, deeply intelligent, sexually alluring and mysterious woman bien sûr, but that is all I am.

I am no toad or minotaur, non, certainement, non.  These bastards know 'oo we are.  We must discover trust here, so we can pravail and paint our drapeau with their blood.  As is the custom.

I do not tell if I am flic or la doctoresse, because I do not want to reveal too much.  A woman should never do that and it is wrong to endanger my comrades.  I am a citoyenne normal of here, that is sure.  I tell you this now because I think it is correct, we start on the foot parfait.  Before the games begin.

Alas, also I can only reveal a leetle about myself, as I only appeared dans la saison deux de Bergerac, but after my little trip to Cash-And-Carry, I am called away upland to carry out some important travaille on a chunk of unstable feldspar.

Ferris

Well we're all having a lovely time on the island! Speaking in French and not paying taxes and so forth. Fantastic.

But let's get down to business - who's the fucking baddies then? Hmm?

Based on the last few threads, typically they don't say much first few rounds and try to fly under the radar, unless they knew that and are posting more than usual? I like the "no lynch day one" because we don't have anything to really go on, unless I'm being underhand (I'm not) and am trying to scrape through a few rounds?

I'm pulling a sicky today so will be around to post (on CaB) and eat biscuits (in my apartment). For the record, I am lovely, lovely town.

Buelligan

I ave two suggestions - 'ooever we lynch tonight, we cannot know their guilt.  It must be either because a bâtard has pushed us in that direction - we will know after, of course and can 'old it against them but our comrade will still be dead OR we can kill a friend just for fun, just guessing.  The odds are not in the island's favour with that I think.  Not tonight.

I also suggest, each day we hold two other votes - I am a democrat if nothing else.  One vote on who les keufs should investigate the following night.  And one on 'oo the docteur should protéger.

If you see a problem with these idées, please tell now and we can do some tuning.  Yes?

Did we get a straight answer on whether 0 votes triggers randomising, or do we need to organise a '1 votes 2, 2 votes 3...' kind of system to get it level?

madhair60

A' AM INDEED, 'OW YOU SAY, LE QUEUTARD! BUT ZIS IS NO CRIME!! WILLY PETTIT (OUI!!) IS ON THE SIDE OF LES ANGES!!!

(Cycles around with a comically sized baguette)

DOES ZIS REMIND YOU OF ANYTHING, MADEMOISELLE??? AWWWW HEE HAAWWWWW!!!!

BlodwynPig

***MOD POST***

Zero votes will initiate a random Lynch. This is to prevent repeated zero voting throughout the game, which will only weaken the town, in any case.

Buelligan

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 15, 2020, 12:24:25 PM
Did we get a straight answer on whether 0 votes triggers randomising, or do we need to organise a '1 votes 2, 2 votes 3...' kind of system to get it level?

This answer is très important, yes.  Also, if we 'old informal votes on protection and investigation, they must be advisory.  Otherwise, les cons will know our directions.  So, advisory only, final choice by those who 'ave the right to choose.

J'aime ton petit pain, Willy.  You know this.

Buelligan

Ah, we 'ave an answer, someone must die.  Random offers nothing to us, we must think carefully about our choice.  Now, I 'ave to go to fucking work, I will see you soon, chers amis.

Kryton

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 15, 2020, 12:15:47 PM
Well we're all having a lovely time on the island! Speaking in French and not paying taxes and so forth. Fantastic.

But let's get down to business - who's the fucking baddies then? Hmm?

I'm quite happy voting to lynch Paul Calf.

And then after that we'll go looking for some baddied.

I think the more accusations and the more heat apllied to people, the more information gathered. Get one randomly lynched today means no information wil have been gathered about voting patters, starting day 2 in the same place. Accusations abd speculation are the only way forward. We want people to speak more and not be passive.

Buelligan

You speak truth Jim, for a man so terribly pissed.

Ferris

Quote from: Buelligan on May 15, 2020, 12:23:51 PM
I ave two suggestions - 'ooever we lynch tonight, we cannot know their guilt.  It must be either because a bâtard has pushed us in that direction - we will know after, of course and can 'old it against them but our comrade will still be dead OR we can kill a friend just for fun, just guessing.  The odds are not in the island's favour with that I think.  Not tonight.

I also suggest, each day we hold two other votes - I am a democrat if nothing else.  One vote on who les keufs should investigate the following night.  And one on 'oo the docteur should protéger.

If you see a problem with these idées, please tell now and we can do some tuning.  Yes?

I like that approach - I think the first night lynch is self foot-shooting from town perspective, and it would be difficult for les baddies to influence 2 votes (for both doc and copper). Boringly, I am neither special player (lightning don't strike twice) but that's alright, get to live that vanilla townie life.

I also think it is important we don't treat those votes as accusations of anything sinister. We have to stick together, and understand that other people's suspicion is normal because we're starting from scratch. For now, I think the quietest 2 people are madhair and cuellar, so maybe they'd be a good place to start an overnight investigation. For suggesting them, I might also be a good shout but I'm a waste of an investigation so I'd ask the copper not to bother with me.