Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:11:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ghost of Tsushima

Started by Timothy, May 15, 2020, 08:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

Wonder what you guys thought about the State of Play yesterday.

I had the game pre-ordered (love the setting) but am now thinking about canceling it and waiting for the reviews.
The game looks absolutely gorgeous but the gameplay looks quite dull. A bit like a cross-over between BOTW and AC.

What did you think?

The Crumb

Unfortunately looked very generic to me, hopefully there will be more breadth to it than the video suggested. I think the go to location, eliminate baddies, interact with objective style of open world is a bit dated now. After games like Nioh and Sekiro, it would be nice to see ancient Japan with a bit of life to it. Burning castles can do one.

Nobody Soup

I'mexcited, I like they've gone without a map and are trying to immerse the player (but there was still too much stuff on screen, that "PRESS X TO ASSASSINATE" stuff can surely be done away with) and just generally I like the cinematic ideas, such as playing the game in black and white, or with an original japanese voice track.

but ultimately I think the game will live or die by how good the combat is and how the stealth works.

If the combat is arcadey rubbish, or the stealth is just the kill-everyone-from-behind formula then I can see it getting old fast.

Thursday

It looks like there's some really nice dressing to this, but I feel like it's still going to end up mostly feeling bit standard Sony cinematic open world game. It might have enough to pull me in anyway though.