Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:28:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

R number has gone back up even before lockdown easing

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 15, 2020, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

OH WHAT A SURPRISE:

QuoteThe infection rate in the UK has increased and is close to the point where new coronavirus cases increase, government scientific advice says.

The so-called "R-number" needs to be kept below one in order to stay in control of cases.

But the revised figures from the SAGE group of scientific advisors say the R-number is now between 0.7 and 1.0.

And they do not factor in the changes to lockdown announced by the prime minister on Sunday.

The R-number had been sitting between 0.5 and 0.9. Any increase limits the ability of politicians to lift lockdown measures

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52677194

So will the Government now go back on their stupid ideas (aside from the one to allow exercise more than once a day) to relax the lockdown given that the R-number has been increasing even before the relaxation?

Matt Hancock to speak shortly. Will he stop allowing people to drive wherever they want for exercise and spread Coronavirus?

BlodwynPig

OBVIOUS...

ITS ALL SO OBVIOUS

I'VE BEEN RANTING ON ZOOM ALL WEEK ABOUT THIS IDIOCY

BlodwynPig

oh look, UK's active cases has gone to N/A on the worldometer, just as we pass the 0.05% of total population deaths

Fambo Number Mive

I wonder if the VE day street parties and the social conga contributed.

MojoJojo

If you actually read the article, the reason it's gone up is because a higher proportion of covid sufferers are in care homes. It's inevitable, and not a sign that lockdown is failing in anyway.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 15, 2020, 04:53:26 PM
oh look, UK's active cases has gone to N/A on the worldometer, just as we pass the 0.05% of total population deaths

UK government haven't been counting people who have recovered so it never made any sense.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 15, 2020, 04:55:54 PM
I wonder if the VE day street parties and the social conga contributed.

Again, if you actually read the article you linked to, the numbers are from 3 weeks ago, so no.

Fambo Number Mive

I did read the article, I just happened to miss that bit, perhaps because they buried it halfway down.

Even if the R number is rising due to the virus spreading more in care homes, it still means we will have to tighten up lockdown again as it will increase the risk of the virus being spread outside of care homes as care workers may be asymptonmatic but still spread the virus when they go shopping or for exercise.

idunnosomename

i hope everyone dies except miserable bald shut-ins with phimosis