Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:49:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone just seen something like a rocket launch from the Midlands?

Started by weekender, May 15, 2020, 05:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekender

Look, the reality is that I don't live in Walsall, I live very close to Birmingham Airport.

I also accept that it's a Friday and I've had a couple of glasses of wine already.

But I've just seen something that looked like a rocket shoot vertically into the sky from sort of north Birmingham way (i.e. not from the airport), and then make a swift turn to the left well away from any usual flight patterns that I'm used to.

It genuinely looked like it shed a bit of propellant/1st stage of the rocket at one point, rather than the usual contrails that I would expect to see from an aircraft.

Just me?  I'm honestly not taking the piss with this.

weekender

There is a very small chance that it's an aeroplane that took off from Birmingham Airport, had to fly around Birmingham city centre, and then fly directly upwards in such a way that it appeared to me to look like a rocket from the perspective through my window. 

Have 'they' changed the flight paths recently?  If so, that might explain it.

It's just that I've never seen any aeroplanes in that particular air space, flight paths or not.

BlodwynPig

Walsall has launched a nuclear attack on Toronto for some reason

PlanktonSideburns

I just mentioned something about Willie Thorne alien tech in another thread

Coincide? Fucker must have a Google alert

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: weekender on May 15, 2020, 06:02:08 PM
There is a very small chance that it's an aeroplane that took off from Birmingham Airport, had to fly around Birmingham city centre, and then fly directly upwards in such a way that it appeared to me to look like a rocket from the perspective through my window. 

Have 'they' changed the flight paths recently?  If so, that might explain it.

It's just that I've never seen any aeroplanes in that particular air space, flight paths or not.

https://fr24.com might be helpful, there is a replay option last time I used it

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 15, 2020, 06:30:10 PM
https://fr24.com might be helpful, there is a replay option last time I used it

Lots of planes about given the flight bans..."the earth ain't going to pollute itself"

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 15, 2020, 06:40:26 PM
Lots of planes about given the flight bans..."the earth ain't going to pollute itself"

There are no flight bans - rather that very few people want to fly.

petril

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 15, 2020, 06:12:45 PM
I just mentioned something about Willie Thorne alien tech in another thread

Coincide? Fucker must have a Google alert

first Hendry with his darknet vaporwave, now WT firing missiles.

the players of today are just so fucking bland compared to the Golden Age

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Immediately disprovable as a rocket wouldn't launch from the Midlands because the midlands (deliberately not even furnishing it with a capital letter that time) is a big pile of old ploppy faecal cackeroony from big ol' Alan's quivering macro-rectum.

Ambient Sheep

Satellite reflection?  Although I'd be surprised if you could see it so low down through all the light pollution...

Goldentony

No one ever bought that you were in Walsall what's happened here, every time I see your name i've thought Birmingham!

I saw a pterodactyl in 1999, maybe its that?

Chollis

i mean if anyone was gonna do it was gonna be the midlands