Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:40:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How Well Is Your Area Obeying Rules?

Started by Malcy, May 15, 2020, 09:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Interested to know how everyone elses neighbourhoods are performing as such. Finally realised mine is a fucking disgrace. The chip van reappeared last week while i was out for a walk. Came back and 2 people queuing. This friday? Different fucking matter. Loads of people stood within inches of each other not giving a fuck. Cars parked up on the pavement and the small road completely blocked at one point.

I went to the shop and had to go the long way round to avoid both the growing crowd and to avoid going full on mental at the lot of them but on my way back decided to see if it was maybe just my view that made it look like people were too close.

No they really were. Add to that the absolute fucking clueless morons who were out clapping the NHS last night. The same ones who have people in and out of their houses day in day out. Took a picture but don't know how to post it here.

Anyone have a genuinely good area with no cunts fucking it for the rest of us? This isnt a post relaxed lockdown thingy. This is Scotland and has been going on since the start.

Woman a few doors down sounds like Darth Vader due to how bad her breathing is and takes an hour to what would be a 5 min shop in the Co-Op round the corner and yet still goes out at least once a day. How shes still alive is beyond me. Its not like she doesnt have support. Her twat daughter brings her noisy as fuck dog round for regular overnights.

Surely somewhere has sensible people? Was proper tempted to report the chip van earlier but in this type of community i would end up being the one in the wrong.

Emma Raducanu

My area seems pretty good really. I'm out walking every day and pretty much everyone is participating in avoiding eachother. It still feels as quiet as 5 weeks ago.

My next door neighbour have their parents visiting all the time now which is annoying but otherwise it's still lockdown bliss punctuated by the sound of DIY

Icehaven

Absolutely terrible, almost no difference to normal other than a few people in masks who then think they're immune and can fall into you with immunity. Been staying in as much as possible and wiping the bannisters in our shared building.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Not too bad in my exact spot but if I walk 10 minutes into Headingley it falls to shit pretty quickly with the amount of joggers and students around, then if I walk 10 minutes down into Kirkstall you get the boomer brigade, thick as shit cunts in their own little bubble who think they're indestructible but kick up the biggest fuss ever if you in any way impede their ability to unnecessarily buy a sack of mulch from the garden centre section of Morrisons. Multiple occasions of older people not just brushing past but actually knocking past me and others without even warning people they're there. How about actually getting coronavirus and carking it you valve.

The canal towpath is difficult as there are just too many people. Parks nearby are OK but with so many dogs off the lead running everywhere it is just not safe and I find it difficult to relax. If you could get rid of the dogs I'd be there sunbathing.

jobotic

Dog Botherer

Midwest USA here, less than 5% of people wearing masks, pretty much business as usual. gonna be absolutely fucked in about a week.

Cloud

Since Wednesday it's gone completely out of the window here.  Well, perhaps less so this little quaint town where people generally seem to err on the side of "locked down" and doing what they're told (I mean it's a middle class area with lawns and such so people feel less need), but just down the road it's mental.  Everyone thinks it's "over" - went out for some of that extra exercise earlier and.... yyyyeah... the roads were as packed as any other weekend so obviously everyone's going somewhere and not just food shopping and factory jobs.  The pavements were more rammed than I've ever seen them (at least short of the Keswick to Barrow), everyone and their dog, their aunt, their mates, all out for a wander or a jog or a cycle and passing within inches of each other.  And there I was thinking "I'm just adding to it here", okay I was about the only person still steering clear of others, but still adding to the sheer number of people making it difficult to distance. 

I'm not the least bit surprised to hear we're rocketing towards (and probably already past) R1.

But to a large extent I don't really blame the people, I blame the shite leadership and the sudden switch from "do not go out unless you absolutely have to, and we'll grant you ONE hour of careful, police patrolled exercise, this thing is deadly as fuck" to "exercise to your heart's content, go to work, drive where you want, the lockdown is lifted, we'll send the kids to school soon, go nuts, we don't care".  The whole vibe around it, the "thank you, you've saved lives and you've protected the NHS" speech from Boris, it's all sent a message that it's all over when it's far from it.  When the rules are already pretty vague and hard to follow, and everyone's itching to get back out enjoying themselves, it's a really easy excuse for everyone to just go grab their mates and have their """"exercise""""

Alberon

We did pass a party on our walk on the VE Day commemoration last week. And the family across the road moved house. The new lot coming in had some people turn up and there was a fairly loud get together on the pavement for an hour. So it looks like they're going to be fun.

The biggest problem is in the shops. I was shopping for my Mum in her local Waitrose and you had to keep dodging out of the way of the staff who have clearly given up trying to social distance. It was even worse when Mrs Alberon went shopping in Tescos last week. There wasn't many shoppers in the store, but loads and loads of staff filling out baskets for delivery. She even had to warn a couple of them off as they got to close when she was trying to shop.

Pingers

Generally alright but definitely fraying since the blond Infant changed it to "stay alert". I'm generally not one for "Comms" but fucking hell, this lot are abysmal.

I went to a shop today and, being the one giving a shit about social distancing, was reminded that England is rammed with people I would gleefully murder. Not ideal, but there it is.

Cloud

"Stay alert" is a rubbish slogan - clearly whoever came up with that hasn't seen how little use it has on the spash screen of Pokemon Go.

ollyboro

Middlesbrough always comes near the top of any shit league, and I'm proud to say we're holding up that tradition during these trying times. If Kier Starmer wants the Red Wall back his slogan should be: I Don't Give A Fuck. Because the cunts barbecuing, going from house to house, congregating on street corners etc genuinely don't give a fuck. And why should they? It won't affect their prospects - or life expectancy - that much.

Abnormal Palm

It's OK to be honest, pretty quiet. More out walking if it's sunny. I've worked full time throughout so lockdown for me has been different to most, more freedom and routine, albeit it's been a needlessly terrible experience. I can only hope that this tainted government answer for their crimes. Otherwise, I'm careful when supermarket shopping, I'm having a brilliant time with my wife staying in, doing much more together, and avoiding all the neighbourly cuntery. I'm just staying safe and waiting for the exponential fuckwave to begin en masse so people finally understand that our way of life will have to change. A number of my family members have caught it at various places of work, mostly medical and care services, all through the failings of their employers or the government. One is currently in hospital after seven weeks of not leaving the house once. That's the only instance where I can say it's her fault, for not cleaning her food delivery properly. In a way, I really feel for people who think this is nearly over.

Dewt

It sounds like you potentially know a lot of people who have just come out of the other side of the "let's try opening up and see how that works" stage. Were lessons learned or are most people just continuing to blunder on?

Or am I misreading and you're talking about the UK

buttgammon

Yesterday, my missus saw someone in Lidl shoot a jet of snot out of his nostril straight into his hand, then pay for his shopping in coins from the same hand.

Dewt

wooders1978

My local pub does bloody good fish and chips for takeaway, arranged to pick some up last night and they only had their fucking beer garden open and it was absolutely rammed - taking the fucking piss, I had to queue for ages to pickup my preordered fish and chips with a bunch of gurning cunts buying pints not giving a fuck about social distancing - I live with my mum at the mo who's vulnerable so I'm absolutely fucking furious with them to say the least

And the fish and chips were fucking excellent to add insult to injury as I won't be going again, the least they could have done was fuck them up so I won't be so arsed

Sebastian Cobb

Some people in my area are some aren't. Out the front of my gaff is a small 'council estate' park for people to have a leg stretch or let their dog out if they can't be bothered going to the big and quite nice park about 10 minutes walk away (it's the park featured in that Still Game episode where Isa sits next to a man who starts wanking on a bench).

There's minor infractions like the woman who definitely takes her dog out several times a day, no real harm done. Some people meet their friends there for a bit at a safe distance I've seen a couple sat on the bench and their mate on a fold up chair 2 metres away, probably not technically obeying the rules but obeying the spirit of them.

Then there's the fucking idiots who meet and congregate and peer in each others prams. Some of them do actually distance but still let their kids run around them and hug the adults and stuff.

The main strip with the shops is quite difficult to properly distance though as it's on a busy main road with a parking lane so you can't nip on to the road or cross it to overtake people. And it's quite long so as a lanky cunt with a big gait I often catch up with dawdlers and feel like I'm hovering behind them in a creepy way, eventually it gets too much and I have break distancing rules and pass them.

The layout in my local corner shop where I buy booze is the worst though as people paying block access to the most important bit of the shop, neccessitating skulking through a narrow gap between a fridge and a shelf.

+                                                    +--------+                             +
         |          +---------------------------------+       |        |                             |
         |          |                                 |       |        |                             |
         |          |                                 |       |        |       +------------+        |
         |          |            Fridges              |       |        |       |            |        |
         |          |                                 |       |        |       |            |        |
         |          +---------------------------------+       |        |       |            |        |
         |                                                    |        |       |            |        |
         |                                                    |        |       |            |        |
         |        I want   <----------------------+           |  Fridges       |            |        |
         |        to be here                      |           |        |       |            |        |
         |                                        |           |        |       |            |        |
         |          +----------------+            |           |        |       |            |        |
         |          |                |            |           |        |       |            |        |
Back     |          |                |            |           |        |       +------------+        |
Shelves  |          |                |            |           |        |                             |
         |          |                |            |           |        |                             |
         |          |                |            |           |        |                             |
         |          |                |            |           +--------+                             |
         |          |                |            |                                                  |
         |          |  Counter       |            +-------------------------------+                  |
         |          |                |                                            |                  |
         |          |                |      +---------+       +--------+          |                  |
         |          |                |      | Person  |       |        |          |                  |
         |          |                |      | In way  |       |Shelves |          |                  |
         |          |                |      |         |       |        |          |                  |
         |          |                |      +---------+       |        |          |                  |
         |          |                |                        |        |          |                  |
         |          |                |                        +--------+          |                  |
         |          |                |                                            |                  |
         |          |                |           +--------------------------------+                  |
         |          +----------------+           |                                                   |
         |                                       |                                                   |
         |                              +--------+--------+                 +-------------------+    |
         |                              |    Entrance     |                 |                   |    |
         ++                             +-----------------+                 +-------------------+    +

And if there's other people in the shop they will either queue up behind 'person in way' along 'fridges' or hover by 'shelves' meaning you're stuck at 'entrance' and either have to stand there like a lemon or go and wait outside.

BlodwynPig

small village, like Clapham junction with the traffic today, unbelievable - poor wildlife are going to be smashed now.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Jockice on May 16, 2020, 12:25:24 PM
First time for everything.

I went there a while back, it was pretty good. PP Arnold was there.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 16, 2020, 11:05:09 AM
Some people in my area are some aren't. Out the front of my gaff is a small 'council estate' park for people to have a leg stretch or let their dog out if they can't be bothered going to the big and quite nice park about 10 minutes walk away (it's the park featured in that Still Game episode where Isa sits next to a man who starts wanking on a bench).

There's minor infractions like the woman who definitely takes her dog out several times a day, no real harm done. Some people meet their friends there for a bit at a safe distance I've seen a couple sat on the bench and their mate on a fold up chair 2 metres away, probably not technically obeying the rules but obeying the spirit of them.

Then there's the fucking idiots who meet and congregate and peer in each others prams. Some of them do actually distance but still let their kids run around them and hug the adults and stuff.

The main strip with the shops is quite difficult to properly distance though as it's on a busy main road with a parking lane so you can't nip on to the road or cross it to overtake people. And it's quite long so as a lanky cunt with a big gait I often catch up with dawdlers and feel like I'm hovering behind them in a creepy way, eventually it gets too much and I have break distancing rules and pass them.

The layout in my local corner shop where I buy booze is the worst though as people paying block access to the most important bit of the shop, neccessitating skulking through a narrow gap between a fridge and a shelf.

+                                                    +--------+                             +
         |          +---------------------------------+       |        |                             |
         |          |                                 |       |        |                             |
         |          |                                 |       |        |       +------------+        |
         |          |            Fridges              |       |        |       |            |        |
         |          |                                 |       |        |       |            |        |
         |          +---------------------------------+       |        |       |            |        |
         |        I want   <----------------------+           |  Fridges       |            |        |
         |        to be here                      |           |        |       |            |        |
         |                                        |           |        |       |            |        |
         |          +----------------+            |           |        |       |            |        |
         |          |                |            |           |        |       |            |        |
Back     |          |                |            |           |        |       +------------+        |
Shelves  |          |                |            |           |        |                             |
         |          |                |            |           +--------+                             |
         |          |                |            |                                                  |
         |          |  Counter       |            +-------------------------------+                  |
         |          |                |      +---------+       +--------+          |                  |
         |          |                |      | Person  |       |        |          |                  |
         |          |                |      | In way  |       |Shelves |          |                  |
         |          |                |      |         |       |        |          |                  |
         |          |                |      +---------+       |        |          |                  |
         |          |                |                        |        |          |                  |
         |          |                |                        +--------+          |                  |
         |          |                |           +--------------------------------+                  |
         |          +----------------+           |                                                   |
         |                                       |                                                   |
         |                              +--------+--------+                 +-------------------+    |
         |                              |    Entrance     |                 |                   |    |
         ++                             +-----------------+                 +-------------------+    +

And if there's other people in the shop they will either queue up behind 'person in way' along 'fridges' or hover by 'shelves' meaning you're stuck at 'entrance' and either have to stand there like a lemon or go and wait outside.

Have a whole day's karma for the diagram. Shopping obstruction anecdotes without diagram should get 2 day ban.

Jockice

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 16, 2020, 12:30:26 PM
I went there a while back, it was pretty good. PP Arnold was there.

Last time I was there I was in the Premier Inn at Glasgow Airport. I wasn't even catching a plane. I was going to a family birthday do in Bishopton. It was okay. Didn't see PP Arnold there though. First time I'd shared a room with my sister for many a year. Probably since our childhoods in fact. She managed to get the double bed both nights. Swizz!

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Jockice on May 16, 2020, 01:48:57 PM
Last time I was there I was in the Premier Inn at Glasgow Airport. I wasn't even catching a plane. I'd was going to a family birthday do in Bishopton. It was okay. Didn't see PP Arnold there though. First time I'd shared a room with my sister for many a year. Probably since our childhoods in fact. She managed to get the double bed both nights. Swizz!

I've seen your video

Malcy

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: wooders1978 on May 16, 2020, 10:55:44 AM
My local pub does bloody good fish and chips for takeaway, arranged to pick some up last night and they only had their fucking beer garden open and it was absolutely rammed - taking the fucking piss, I had to queue for ages to pickup my preordered fish and chips with a bunch of gurning cunts buying pints not giving a fuck about social distancing - I live with my mum at the mo who's vulnerable so I'm absolutely fucking furious with them to say the least

And the fish and chips were fucking excellent to add insult to injury as I won't be going again, the least they could have done was fuck them up so I won't be so arsed

Wait a minute...wasn't the pub actually breaking the law, there ( with the beer garden being open thing)?

NoSleep

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 16, 2020, 11:05:09 AM

Is there not a limit to the number of people permitted in the shop at any one time? All the local shops around here are using this to make sure social distancing is possible, so a queue will form outside with everyone keeping their distance. Inside the local Co-op they have a one way system for the aisles as they are too narrow to navigate back and forth The first aisle, you have to make sure you remember to pick up anything, as it's difficult to get back to once you've passed through. No counting of people that I saw in the big Tesco nearby but there was plenty of room to keep clear and, again, a one way system in place. The nearby Waitrose are only allowing 39 people in at a time and have a one way system in-store.

Indomitable Spirit

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 15, 2020, 10:14:07 PM
Not too bad in my exact spot but if I walk 10 minutes into Headingley it falls to shit pretty quickly with the amount of joggers and students around, then if I walk 10 minutes down into Kirkstall you get the boomer brigade, thick as shit cunts in their own little bubble who think they're indestructible but kick up the biggest fuss ever if you in any way impede their ability to unnecessarily buy a sack of mulch from the garden centre section of Morrisons. Multiple occasions of older people not just brushing past but actually knocking past me and others without even warning people they're there. How about actually getting coronavirus and carking it you valve.

The canal towpath is difficult as there are just too many people. Parks nearby are OK but with so many dogs off the lead running everywhere it is just not safe and I find it difficult to relax. If you could get rid of the dogs I'd be there sunbathing.

Aye, Kirkstall here and I've basically stopped exercising due to how fucking thick people are acting. My little enclave around the church isn't so bad, but as soon as you venture beyond the leisure centre it's cuntsville. Had a wander down to the Abbey the other evening and it was busier than I've ever seen it on a weekday, even pre-COVID.

I tried cycling down the canal once, but it was basically a two mile queue of joggers so haven't bothered again.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: NoSleep on May 16, 2020, 09:19:28 PM
Is there not a limit to the number of people permitted in the shop at any one time? All the local shops around here are using this to make sure social distancing is possible, so a queue will form outside with everyone keeping their distance. Inside the local Co-op they have a one way system for the aisles as they are too narrow to navigate back and forth The first aisle, you have to make sure you remember to pick up anything, as it's difficult to get back to once you've passed through. No counting of people that I saw in the big Tesco nearby but there was plenty of room to keep clear and, again, a one way system in place. The nearby Waitrose are only allowing 39 people in at a time and have a one way system in-store.

lol, the tesco garage are doing exactly all those thing. The pokey little corner shop that is 90% off licence and often has one of the staff smoking a joint in the stockroom doorway aren't.