Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:16:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How Well Is Your Area Obeying Rules?

Started by Malcy, May 15, 2020, 09:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

It feels a lot like "we were good for 8 weeks but now the sun's out so LETS GO FUCKING MENTAL!"

JohnnyCouncil

Seeing plenty of nonsense in South East London. Lots more neighbours having garden parties for the last few weeks, semi-socially distant but nonetheless you have to walk through a house to get into the garden. On my way to the CO-OP (everyone seems to have given up on the one in one out policy) there was a group of about 20 tennage lads, on the corner. On my way back a police car went past, stuck at the lights eyeballing them but ultimately having better things to do drove on.

timebug

Most folk are being sensible around here; but the beggars and homeless gangs who haunt certain streets, still congregate in gangs of about eight or more, requesting spare change etc. The first few weeks,they all vanished, presumably when the plan to find them all accomodation was in place? Most of them are harmless, aside from two blokes who like to get right in your face when asking for money. Two pretend police officers sometimes hang around near them, to prevent over aggresive approaches.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on May 29, 2020, 10:14:41 AM
Groups of 10-15 people out having the time of their lives on bank holiday, so presumably that will increase to groups of 30-40 now that they're saying groups of 6 are allowed.

Ha, they're not even waiting until Monday. This is the exact spot I was talking about getting invaded on the last Bank Holiday

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/youths-left-king-edwards-bay-18336342

QuoteBetween 30 and 40 young people arrived at King Edward's Bay, in Tynemouth, North Tyneside, on Friday evening and started drinking.

They left the beach covered in bottles and cans of beer and wine, as well as clothes and other rubbish.

Pranet

On my walks round the country side quite often come across little groups of teenagers. To an extent I have sympathy for them.

Supermarket pretty rammed today. Couple of weeks ago I started wearing a mask when shopping, about when everyone else stopped it seems. Got convinced it is probably the right thing to do. Think I saw one other person doing so today.

Needed milk but couldn't face the Petri dish our local Sainsbury's has become so went to the Shell garage Budgens.

Screens in full effect and they've removed debit card limits so I could pay my £3 without needing to dig out my possibly grotty coins. Happy to see some people still distancing and using masks but they were massively in the minority. Most people just striding about with the same carefree ignorance they've presumably had all their lives, exacerbated by that sweet summer sun.

Had to stand back and wait while some people congregated around the door, who did move eventually but stared like it was me who was the weirdo (which in fairness I am, but not for social distancing). Can feel it's going to be long old fucking summer.

JohnnyCouncil

Agree on the long summer. Feels like it should be the start of September not June. Park had been fucked over by picnic people and boozers yesterday, this is only going to become a more prominent feature as time goes on. Sainsbury's delivery driver said he saw about 100 people drinking on the street outside a couple of pubs in Beckenham on Saturday Night (oh whatever makes you happy...) filled me full of absolute dread.

kalowski

Local chip shop is open and everyone lines up at 2m interval as expected, then you go round to Stamford Park and the place is crawling with people all a-huggin' and a-kissin'.
Lockdown is over here.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

556 dead today, worst numbers for UK since May 12th.

Gamma Ray

Where's that figure from? The figure in the media is a lot lower.

gib

Quote from: Gamma Ray on June 01, 2020, 07:11:45 PM
Where's that figure from? The figure in the media is a lot lower.

The figure on The Mirror website was a lot lower then they changed it.

Hand Solo

Quote from: gib on June 01, 2020, 07:20:50 PM
The figure on The Mirror website was a lot lower then they changed it.

The numbers tend to be reversed in the mirror. A bit like when you hold a calculator upside down and it says BOOBIES.

bomb_dog

So on any given coming day, only 50 people may be reported as 'have died'. The other 500 that haven't been included for reasons of delay, calculated or otherwise, can be excused away and hidden in the cumulative total as time goes on.
So people see a downward trend, but don't see that 50 figure creep up over the coming days to possibly 3 or 4 hundred.

Lies, damn lies and...

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: JohnnyCouncil on June 01, 2020, 06:37:56 AM
Agree on the long summer. Feels like it should be the start of September not June. Park had been fucked over by picnic people and boozers yesterday, this is only going to become a more prominent feature as time goes on. Sainsbury's delivery driver said he saw about 100 people drinking on the street outside a couple of pubs in Beckenham on Saturday Night (oh whatever makes you happy...) filled me full of absolute dread.

2020 will be the worst summer in years. Glorious weather but everywhere full of wankers unable to go and be a wanker abroad.

Alberon

Quote from: bomb_dog on June 01, 2020, 07:39:27 PM
So on any given coming day, only 50 people may be reported as 'have died'. The other 500 that haven't been included for reasons of delay, calculated or otherwise, can be excused away and hidden in the cumulative total as time goes on.
So people see a downward trend, but don't see that 50 figure creep up over the coming days to possibly 3 or 4 hundred.

Lies, damn lies and...

And as Faisal Islam pointed out, these previous deaths haven't been added to the days where they actually happened. So the whole death chart is even more out of whack than we know it to be already.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on June 01, 2020, 07:44:43 PM
2020 will be the worst summer in years. Glorious weather but everywhere full of wankers unable to go and be a wanker abroad.
And they're very unlikely to die of COVID either :(

BlodwynPig

Boo Hoo Uncle Tech Tip

Cuellar

Quote from: bomb_dog on June 01, 2020, 07:39:27 PM

Lies, damn lies and...

Quote from: Alberon on June 01, 2020, 08:11:57 PM
And as Faisal Islam pointed out, these previous deaths haven't been added to the days where they actually happened. So the whole death chart is even more out of whack than we know it to be already.

What's all this? Any sources?

JohnnyCouncil

You're not wrong. Streets will be crawling with cunts looking for a scrap.

jobotic

Quote from: Alberon on June 01, 2020, 08:11:57 PM

this is how its always been done on the NHS England site. And they are added on to the correct days. There's no problem doing it that way - I think it works better, but Hancock has obvisouly benefited from changing it on 1st june for UK stats - as the lockdown eases and schools go back and we all get dying for Dom.

Malcy

Chip van was round again last week. Nowhere near as busy but still no one really standing any distance apart. And some clown parked his car right outside my house and his car alarm kept going off. Fucking idiot had no need to keep locking it when he was right next to it.

The local co-op has a sign saying wait till someone comes out before going in. Queue of people outside it and there was nobody inside. So stupid.

People mostly distancing but it's very busy around here.

Barry Admin

I just got a fucking fish and chip shop flyer through my letterbox. I'm pretty annoyed, they had fucked off before I could ask them if they'd sanitised their hands and ask them to take the fucking thing away again.

The estate was a nightmare today. Joggers are the worst cunts, if you're not paying attention the sweaty bastards just run right past you without giving a fuck.

jobotic

I am a jogger. I run down the middle of the road to avoid people and I also recognise that I am the one who has to get out of the way as I'm not using the pavement for walking, as it is meant for.

The other day I was walking back from the shop when some topless cunt ran past in the same direction so close to me that his sweaty arm brushed against mine. Didn't even acknowledge me.

kalowski

I had to drop something off at a house for work today. I was in gloves, doing the full 2m away from the door, and she kept inviting me in. There were loads of people that I could see in the house. Veritable Covid box.

Barry Admin

Oh yeah that reminds me, there was suddenly losses of kids about again too. Groups of them, and teenagers sat outside the Mace. So we're all having to queue up and socially distance from each other... Only to get to the end of the queue and have to stand right next to 5 teenagers who are sat fucking about on their phones.

Everyone who stands chatting outside shop entrances are bloody selfish idiots, I hate them.

Cloud

I'm getting fat so had a wander out at lunchtime.  Pleased to say that crossing the road for each other or at least making sure we're on the widest trajectories on the path, seems to still be an ingrained habit here.  But it's a fairly quiet town.  Seems in busier places people have got fed up and given up.

idunnosomename

LETS GO FUCKIN MENTAL
LETS GO FUCKIN MENTAL
NANA NA NA
NANA NA NA

Ferris

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 31, 2020, 03:04:59 AM
It feels a lot like "we were good for 8 weeks but now the sun's out so LETS GO FUCKING MENTAL!"

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 03, 2020, 01:14:09 AM
LETS GO FUCKIN MENTAL
LETS GO FUCKIN MENTAL
NANA NA NA
NANA NA NA

Went for a walk with the nipper earlier (saw a rabbit! Nice one) but yeah everyone's just had enough I reckon.

Corona? It's the police brutality we're worrying about now grandad.

idunnosomename

I'm going to keep as before and only going out the shops/walks closeby for the foreseeable future. I think it's deeply wrong to go back to normal when the infection rate remains so high.

and yes i was an incredulous cunt pre-Cheltenham races. but when they let it go ahead i was like oh well fascists gonna fash

timebug

It always gets me, that when queueing anywhere,some twat makes/receives a phone call, at which point instead of remaining the prescribed distance, they have an uncontrolable urge to walk about, coming within a couple of feet of some others! Okay,
your phone rings.Answer it by all means, but stand fucking still!!!