Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:15:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How Well Is Your Area Obeying Rules?

Started by Malcy, May 15, 2020, 09:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Benson

Quote from: NoSleep on May 16, 2020, 09:19:28 PM
Is there not a limit to the number of people permitted in the shop at any one time?

The small corner shop near me hasn't bothered doing this, so I selflessly organise it for them anytime I go there, much to their apparent annoyance. I stand and wait for the shop to empty, a few metres back from the entrance, and tell people trying to go in that there's a queue and that it's one-in-one-out. Eventually you don't have to police it. Had a queue get up to around fifteen people the other day. When I go in the shop the guy tells me that I don't need to wait outside through gritted teeth to which I say "oh, it's fine, I don't mind," and I imagine he says similar to everyone in the queue, but by then it's too late really; my queue system has taken hold.

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on May 16, 2020, 01:48:57 PM
Last time I was there I was in the Premier Inn at Glasgow Airport. I wasn't even catching a plane. I was going to a family birthday do in Bishopton. It was okay. Didn't see PP Arnold there though. First time I'd shared a room with my sister for many a year. Probably since our childhoods in fact. She managed to get the double bed both nights. Swizz!

Factcheck: I actually shared a room with her in a b&b in the Lake District a couple of years earlier when a friend had a birthday do up there. Didn't see PP Arnold but we did see The Lovely Eggs, who played a special gig in the local pub as a birthday surprise for my mate.

We both had single beds that night. And my sis brought her two dogs so we shared with different ones on both nights.

The video is not available.

non capisco

Aside from queues outside supermarkets, face masks and the lack of people drinking on benches outside pubs the suburbs of South East London now look exactly as they did before Covid-19 was but a distant twinkle in a pangolin's eye. Given up blaming reckless members of the public, it's all on the fucking Tories.

wooders1978

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on May 16, 2020, 09:05:22 PM
Wait a minute...wasn't the pub actually breaking the law, there ( with the beer garden being open thing)?

Chancing it based on the idea that the government is going to allow it shortly - taking a big risk in my opinion but they clearly think it worth it - given the amount of people present  they must have been coining it in

Abnormal Palm

Just went to the supermarket and there was nobody in there. Absolutely nobody.

I forgot it opens at 10am.

wooders1978

Update - just looked on Facebook and the pub was done by the police yesterday, a silly risk to take really, I wonder if they'll have to stop takeaways

buttgammon

My nana's fuckwitted religious neighbours had some kind of party going on in their front garden yesterday. This is in Wales, where stuff like that is still explicitly prohibited.

Fambo Number Mive

The people in my immediate area are mostly obeying the rules. However, whenever I go out for a walk further afield I've noticed that hardly anyone adheres to the 2m rule.

Every time it's always me making sure I'm 2m or more away from people, doing lots of crossing over the road, zig zagging and squeezing against hedges.

On my walk earlier I even had three people on bikes laugh at me for making sure I was as far from the road as possible to adhere to the 2m distance, a few minutes later one of them sneezed without covering their nose which they all thought was hilarious.

If someone with a preexisting condition had been walking past he might have ended up killing them a few weeks later if he had covid.

There's almost no deterrent for those who don't care about infecting others. There aren't enough police to enforce the law and the response seems to vary from force to force. Look at the response to the Shropshire rave: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-52696720 "We fine only as a last resort".

If people don't have the common sense to adhere to the clear rule to be 2m away from people outside their household how can the government expect them to show common sense with their recent relaxations of the lockdowns. We need to be protected from these dangerous idiots.

I'm one of the few people who goes to the supermarket wearing a mask where I am.

Cloud

It's barely even a dangerous disease but now for months on end we're going to have to put up with insufferable mongs dressed as Altern8 asking people 'Don't you know about social distancing?', all because Imperial terrified the general public by churning out some half arsed study based on faulty assumptions.

Abnormal Palm

Hence the rest of the world just shrugging it off.

You cracked the case.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cloud on May 18, 2020, 01:17:50 AM
https://news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-life-in-barrow-in-furness-the-town-with-the-highest-infection-rate-in-the-country-11989473

Well that explains my area then.  Though as the article says, it could just be that we are testing more.

sick of that type of journalism

INSIDE BARROW IN FURNACE, THE HOTTEST PLACE ON EARTH

ABERYSTWYTH - LIFE IN THE 8TH MOST WELSH TOWN IN WALES

wooders1978

Another update on the pub: apparently more of a rap on the knuckles rather than a fine or anything

They have now circumvented this by letting people buy beer etc and they are pointing them to go and sit on the grassy bit of kind opposite the pub, public land rather than their own, and people are actually doing it, including some friends of mine, they are paying pub prices to sit on their arse on some grass drinking out of a plastic pint glass, all while observing social distancing, utterly baffling

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: wooders1978 on May 18, 2020, 09:36:55 AM
Another update on the pub: apparently more of a rap on the knuckles rather than a fine or anything

They have now circumvented this by letting people buy beer etc and they are pointing them to go and sit on the grassy bit of kind opposite the pub, public land rather than their own, and people are actually doing it, including some friends of mine, they are paying pub prices to sit on their arse on some grass drinking out of a plastic pint glass, all while observing social distancing, utterly baffling

Fair play to the pub if they're managing to charge ~ £4 a pint for the 'jakey in the park' experience.

Maybe someone can do a side business in renting out sanitised bullhorns for shouting at traffic.

Emma Raducanu

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 18, 2020, 08:19:14 AM
sick of that type of journalism

INSIDE BARROW IN FURNACE, THE HOTTEST PLACE ON EARTH

Barrow in Furnace ranked the most working class place on earth too. What a combination

The Culture Bunker

There's a few pubs in Manchester offering to fill up containers full of beer for people. But as a friend of mine pointed out, you're asking for trouble drinking something that's been slowly going off in the basement of the pub for the last two months.

Quote from: DolphinFace on May 18, 2020, 09:47:08 AM
Barrow in Furnace ranked the most working class place on earth too. What a combination
One thing I will say about Barrow (pronounced 'Barra') is that it was the place my mam threatened to send my brother and I if we didn't behave ourselves.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on May 18, 2020, 09:48:54 AM
There's a few pubs in Manchester offering to fill up containers full of beer for people. But as a friend of mine pointed out, you're asking for trouble drinking something that's been slowly going off in the basement of the pub for the last two months.
One thing I will say about Barrow (pronounced 'Barra') is that it was the place my mam threatened to send my brother and I if we didn't behave ourselves.

One of my mates had rented a place and was going to run it as a club. I don't think they were sorted enough to open, but had had a couple of private parties in there. When it locked down they prepared to shut a lot of it down, including draining the hot water system as they reckon legionella could be a risk for a lot of places that won't bother. I think they sold most of their bottles/cans for delivery just to get rid.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Pretty well-behaved. No more people on the streets than before the easing of the rules. Went into Central London the other day (on 'business') and found that the streets are, predictably, largely deserted. Was surprised when I went to the park though (Lincoln's Inn) that there were way more people than normal. I used to go there for a read and a smoke mid-week quite regularly, and never recall it being that busy. Possibly people working in the area who've been furloughed? I guess some might have traveled in by car.

Tubes are pretty much empty. At Holborn they have free hand sanitiser you can use at the exit (which I did). Bus journey back home got mildly busy. Some dickhead couple decided to sit right behind me, despite there being loads of other seats free. Weird.

All in all I rate this experience 7/10. Oh, and there's a statue of Mr. Bean lounging on a bench in Leicester Square. When did that happen?

jobotic

I hope the women you don't find attractive anymore are staying indoors at least.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: jobotic on May 19, 2020, 03:56:48 PM
I hope the women you don't find attractive anymore are staying indoors at least.

Genuinely quite weird you're bothered about me not finding someone attractive anymore. If you want to take a moral stance, there are much better examples - e.g. the people you'll find on here regularly calling for blood shed and execution on the streets of Britain.

Danger Man

Usually I see 2 people on my nightly walk to the shop.

Yesterday I saw 14. Or to put in in a way that The Boston Crab understands...

700% increase in pedestrians in one day. EVERYBODY IS DEAD.

Abnormal Palm

You've misrepresented my understanding of this situation to get a reaction.

That was it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 19, 2020, 10:31:55 PM
You've misrepresented my understanding of this situation to get a reaction.

lot of that going about these days

canadagoose

Ours looks like it's doing terribly because there are always arseholes mucking about and not obeying distancing laws, but it's a densely-populated area, so it's probably not that high a proportion of people around here. Still irritating when you hear people outside being pricks, though.

dissolute ocelot

Went out today for a walk as Scotland has finally decided to get with the hot weather the rest of the nation has apparently been enjoying since April. Didn't seem to be many more people about, just the one asshole who decided to stand in the middle of a pavement right where there's a blind corner on the road and spend about 10 minutes taking his jumper off. How can it take so long to remove a jumper? Maybe it was getting stuck on the bolt through his neck, maybe he tried to take it off downwards, who knows.

imitationleather

steveh

Spent two afternoons sitting under a tree on Hampstead Heath. Adults and families all social distancing but loads of teenagers meeting up, some in groups of 20+, especially in the areas the heath police can't get to by car. Three on the other side of the tree who were about to start university were trying to find ways to get to Greece with borders closed...

ollyboro

Quote from: steveh on May 20, 2020, 07:08:59 PM
Spent two afternoons sitting under a tree on Hampstead Heath. Adults and families all social distancing but loads of teenagers meeting up, some in groups of 20+, especially in the areas the heath police can't get to by car. Three on the other side of the tree who were about to start university were trying to find ways to get to Greece with borders closed...

The Heath Police? Can't for a second believe that Ted set up a division of the filth devoted to keeping an eye on the comings and goings in a public park.

Cuntbeaks

The fucking cretins behind me, the same cunts that think Hardstyle is music, have other retards over almost every fucking day.

You simply can't go out the back without these cunts being there, coughing, smoking cheap puff, braying and most unfortunate of all, breathing. They seem to have made a permanent rattan-effect camp out there.

If i don't wear my headphones I'm hurtling through stages of rage within minutes. Tempted to call 101 on the cunts as they constantly have other idiots over that do not live there. However it seems too Stasi a step to go through with.