Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:57:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How Well Is Your Area Obeying Rules?

Started by Malcy, May 15, 2020, 09:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on May 19, 2020, 05:57:39 PM
Genuinely quite weird you're bothered about me not finding someone attractive anymore. If you want to take a moral stance, there are much better examples - e.g. the people you'll find on here regularly calling for blood shed and execution on the streets of Britain.
No, you're worse than them, 100%.
Went to the supermarket for the first time this week. No-one making the slightest effort to social distance. I've started wearing a mask. Hadn't before now because I took WHO's advice on the matter to heart, but I've seen enough credible counsel that it at least reduces the chance of me exposing others to pestilent gob. Not a single other person was wearing one, not judging, just surprised.

ollyboro

Quote from: Jumblegraws on May 20, 2020, 09:23:43 PM
Went to the supermarket for the first time this week. No-one making the slightest effort to social distance. I've started wearing a mask. Hadn't before now because I took WHO's advice on the matter to heart, but I've seen enough credible counsel that it at least reduces the chance of me exposing others to pestilent gob. Not a single other person was wearing one, not judging, just surprised.

I queued up at ASDA today, to buy a thermometer. When I got to the front of the queue the bouncer guy insisted that I had to take a trolley. And spit the pool ball out my mask.

Sebastian Cobb

I had some bloke from CID knocking up my door earlier enquiring about an 'incident' on the cycle paths behind our block. He wasn't in my face but he wasn't making much effort to stand back from my door either. I was too busy looking shifty to tell him to get back.

steveh

Quote from: ollyboro on May 20, 2020, 08:13:32 PM
The Heath Police? Can't for a second believe that Ted set up a division of the filth devoted to keeping an eye on the comings and goings in a public park.

Brief fascinating fact diversion: there was a Parks Constabulary set up in 1889 as part of the original London County Council. After the successor GLC was axed by Maggie and the City Corporation took over Hampstead Heath they set up its own force for the heath under the City of London Police. There's also an arrangement for Epping Forest which the City also owns but that is more ceremonial and uses Met and Essex officers. Other parks in London now just come under the Met. Don't think there's anything similar anywhere else in the country but then the City of London is not an ordinary borough.

Twit 2

You're now allowed out on a boat with someone from another household, provided you can social distance. My mate's boat is big enough to be far apart from each other, winner, so off we go.

Two things struck me:

1) I have never, in about 3 or 4 years of regular river boating seen so many boats out on the river, even compared to high summer season. At the moment, there's no hire places open, no tourists on the broads, so this is just people who own. I have never seen so many really expensive, massive boats, driven by boomer cunts.[nb]His boat was about a grand, and he's done all the work on it himself; I'm talking boats that cost tens of thousands that they could get to Holland in.[/nb]
People have made the point before that when lockdown was lifted, the subtext was "poor people, go back to work and die; rich people, get out on your golf courses etc and live it up." This was definitely the case yesterday.

2) Teenagers are cunts and are going to kill people. Along the riverbank we saw a group of about 20, all sitting right next to each other. They don't give a fuck. They will spread this fucker hard.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 21, 2020, 12:18:32 AM
I had some bloke from CID knocking up my door earlier enquiring about an 'incident' on the cycle paths behind our block. He wasn't in my face but he wasn't making much effort to stand back from my door either. I was too busy looking shifty to tell him to get back.

Had the police around a couple of times. First time the two lady coppers had masks on and were distancing. The second time the 5 male coppers had no masks and when I got too close they said "back off, we've been in some places you wouldn't shit in". Cough started again earlier this week

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 21, 2020, 08:44:44 AM
You're now allowed out on a boat with someone from another household, provided you can social distance. My mate's boat is big enough to be far apart from each other, winner, so off we go.

Two things struck me:

1) I have never, in about 3 or 4 years of regular river boating seen so many boats out on the river, even compared to high summer season. At the moment, there's no hire places open, no tourists on the broads, so this is just people who own. I have never seen so many really expensive, massive boats, driven by boomer cunts.[nb]His boat was about a grand, and he's done all the work on it himself; I'm talking boats that cost tens of thousands that they could get to Holland in.[/nb]
People have made the point before that when lockdown was lifted, the subtext was "poor people, go back to work and die; rich people, get out on your golf courses etc and live it up." This was definitely the case yesterday.

2) Teenagers are cunts and are going to kill people. Along the riverbank we saw a group of about 20, all sitting right next to each other. They don't give a fuck. They will spread this fucker hard.

Follow like sheep in wolf clothes

buttgammon

Used the tram for the first time in over a week yesterday, it was a disaster area. Almost all of the seat coverings ensuring people don't sit wherever they want were removed and people were generally not arsed about keeping distances. The usual dramas of pre-lockdown days were continuing unabated too (heroin addicts slumped everywhere, angry couples getting aggressive with each other, a woman who reeked of hash screaming at a child). The police checkpoints seem to have gone too. Also, my sister-in-law has been travelling well outside the 5km radius to shag some bloke she met on Tinder, and has presumably still been visiting her parents, who are both chronically ill and categorically can't take any risks whatsoever with the virus.

In summary: we're fucked.

Emma Raducanu

Yesterday was the first day I'd noticed how different things are now we're all staying alert.

Loads of groups of people, traffic flowing as normal. It's going to be weird when everyone is back to normal and I'm still on furlough in October, still doing my daily walk.

Abnormal Palm

It's fine round here but there's fuck all people. I'm having a few days off to be honest because I'm burned out to all fuck but seems there's fuck all of them about. I am dreading the clap though, gotta be honest. It's become this fuckin culture war bullshit like everything else and I actually got blanked by some old cunts the other day and I just think Christ man, I'm living proper and taking this seriously so you fucks don't end up in a skip while some imported Polacks are frantically trying to hit gravediggin targets before their zero hour visa expires and they get launched off a catapult back over the Channel.

Head Gardener

not everyone is convinced round here

The Bumlord

Haven't seen anyone deliberately breaking the rules. Impossible to stick to them in supermarkets though, just too many people.

I have noticed a lot more traffic on the roads in the last few days, today especially as it's a scorcher (as the tabloids used to say).

Pranet

Maybe I should do my shopping wearing shorts. People would keep their fucking distance if they saw my scabby eczema legs.

The Bumlord

Might as well go all the way and just shop with your knob out.

I know I do.

jobotic

For twio days now there have been cars queueing round the whole twon to get into the McDonalds drive through. WTF? Who wants a Big Mac so much they go and sit in a car for two hours on the hottest day of the year? Just scoop some dogshit off the street.

And there are long queues in the High Street for some new cafe.

Thing is they aren't breaking the rules, are they? When were cafes and shithole fast food dumps allowed to open? Takeaway only I presume.

Head Gardener

car boot is back on here in Northampton next week, yah!

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Central London still pretty dead, with the exception of the parks which were covered in people - mainly Spanish, for some reason.

One thing I'll say about central at the moment. You definitely notice the nutters more. There were a couple of couple of people at bus stops who had that vibe of wanting to hit someone, anyone, just to dispel some of their pent up summer-seasonal aggression.

Other than that, the odd construction worker, the police, and the harmless Womble sorts you see riffling through bins for odds and ends.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: Jumblegraws on May 20, 2020, 09:23:43 PM

No. These people are thugs. They genuinely and truly want to hurt people. We've literally had someone admit they'd love a justifiable reason to hurt someone, just because they like the idea of beating someone up. I was just a bit rude about a middle aged lady, a lady who is married to someone who makes a living out of being rude about other people's appearence, I should add.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Here's what they told us:

The government has decided that its tests (protecting the NHS, consistent falls in death rates, consistent falls in the infection rates, solving operational problems, and avoiding a second peak) for lifting lockdown restrictions have been met
On Monday, schools will re-open for children in receptions, year one and year six. From 15 June, years 10 and 12 will start to receive some face-to-face teaching
From Monday, some non-essential retail will open, with more to come on 15 June, depending on the infection rate
From Monday, six people will be able to meet, so long as they keep to social distancing rules (staying 2m from people from outside your household) and remain outside. People will be able to meet in private outdoor spaces. The public is advised to avoid mixing with multiple different households in quick succession to avoid quick transmission of the virus
The rate of infection is still near to one (between 0.7 and 0.9), meaning lifting measures has to be done very carefully. People who are classed as extremely clinically vulnerable must remain shielded. However if the absolute number of infections falls, some lifting of shielding may be possible

Multiple flats worth of neighbours in the communal garden having a good old COVIDy BBQ.

6 people is a stupidly irresponsible number to make official when a lot of people are already giving up and thinking it's fine to return to normalcy. Sod it, make it 8 or 10. This is going to be the final shedding of any pretence at social distancing. And if you try to maintain it, what's your problem? Boris said it was fine.

Herd immunity clearly always the goal, they just stopped saying it. What a time to be dead soon.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 28, 2020, 06:09:21 PM
Here's what they told us:

The government has decided that its tests (protecting the NHS, consistent falls in death rates, consistent falls in the infection rates, solving operational problems, and avoiding a second peak) for lifting lockdown restrictions have been met
On Monday, schools will re-open for children in receptions, year one and year six. From 15 June, years 10 and 12 will start to receive some face-to-face teaching
From Monday, some non-essential retail will open, with more to come on 15 June, depending on the infection rate
From Monday, six people will be able to meet, so long as they keep to social distancing rules (staying 2m from people from outside your household) and remain outside. People will be able to meet in private outdoor spaces. The public is advised to avoid mixing with multiple different households in quick succession to avoid quick transmission of the virus
The rate of infection is still near to one (between 0.7 and 0.9), meaning lifting measures has to be done very carefully. People who are classed as extremely clinically vulnerable must remain shielded. However if the absolute number of infections falls, some lifting of shielding may be possible

I don't see anything worthwhile or justifiable there. May as well lift all restrictions and let the die off begin.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It was delivered as though it might distract us from Cummings being above the law and not subject to justice. Go on, congregate in 6, nice lemmings, good lemmings.

COVID BBQ hiatus while all ran inside to raid the kitchen for the 8pm pan bang.

Pingers

Went to the shop earlier to get some food, it was like the All Clear had sounded after an air raid. Fuckers everywhere.

Zetetic

Awful. Having to get pissed on the embankments of industrial estates to regain any sense of glorious isolation.

Barry Admin

Apparently there's 300 kids getting pissed and eating Chinese on the beach here, with cops now dealing with it.

I'm still having to cross the street a lot. Big sweaty jogger running towards me today, I got right out of his road as quick as possible.

Was talking to the people who work in the Mace again and they echoed what they said before about noone giving a shit anymore, I had noticed people just walking in and not even glancing at the hand sanitiser now. I'm actually taking hand sanitiser in my pocket to sanitise my hands after touching the sanitiser bottle now!

Anyway the other thing they said was that "noone is nice to them anymore." They said when this all kicked off, everyone was really nice to them, but that's all gone. I told them, again, that they were front line workers too and people should also be out cheering for them because we'd all be lost without them.

Ferris

Walking Ferris Jr in the park, saw a HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAISY! sign and a load of hippy mums and all their fucking kids running around and 'vidding up they whole scene. They'd brought tents and a cake and footballs and all sorts.

I gave them a look and got an entitled "yes?" expression back and thought better of intervening.

Cloud

Fine here still, went for a wander yesterday, some people crossed the road for me and vice versa (even got a thank you from one guy)

Even Barrovia, last I saw, wasn't TOO bad as long as you stayed away from the supermarkets.

I think after the shining example set by Cummings though people are going to more and more think "fuck it".

keir

Where I live, since about three days since the lockdown started there's been a bunch of 3-6 people stood too close together, round a comms cabinet in the precinct at the edge of the main road, using it as a bar. I think there's been about two occasions during that time that I've gone shopping and they've not been there. In the best possible spot to advertise to everyone the fact that you can do what the fuck you want with no consequences (I heard someone saying they'd been moved on once, but they were back next time). Terrible for the morale of everyone sticking to the rules, and emboldening everyone who's being an arse now. The police surely knew they were their on an ongoing basis, day after day, and had their reasons for just leaving them to it.