Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:55:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How Well Is Your Area Obeying Rules?

Started by Malcy, May 15, 2020, 09:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buttgammon

Everyone round here seems to have given up - I was in Lidl yesterday and nobody else washed their hands when they came in. A lot of people wear masks but most seem to only cover their mouth for some reason. There's constant sirens and a convoy of police cars and riot vans goes down the road at least once a day so whatever's going on, the guards must have their resources so tied up in other stuff that they can't deal with Covid stuff any more. People must've copped on, because there's lots of big parties and the like apparently.

It's even worse in Wales - some of my mum's neighbours tried to have a fully-catered party last week. People called the police and the ten cars worth of attendees and catering van had all fucked off within twenty minutes before the police even arrived.

Puce Moment

Yeah, pretty much back to normal. Nobody giving a fuck about distancing yesterday.

dissolute ocelot

I'm glad the restrictions in Scotland are relaxed today because they won't have to arrest the entire population of Edinburgh now. Parks were full yesterday, people playing football, eating picnics with wine, sitting around in large groups, reading books (!), all still temporarily forbidden.

I went to the big Asda last night; I was in Waitrose last weekend and the difference is night and day: the queue at Waitrose everyone's 3 metres apart, on their own, most with masks, and inside it's like etiquette school in the biowarfare lab. But the queue at Asda's like one big party, big groups chatting and giving their mates cut-ins, and I felt sorry for the 3 people out of about 100 wearing masks inside, thanks for giving me 3% fewer germs. The girl in the skin/haircare aisle didn't even care about the clap for carers.

Abnormal Palm

My daddy buying me a Gatlin Gun for Chrimbo, gonna mount in the chimley and shred Father Chrestmas if he comes near my house 😂😂😂

El Unicornio, mang

Groups of 10-15 people out having the time of their lives on bank holiday, so presumably that will increase to groups of 30-40 now that they're saying groups of 6 are allowed.

Puce Moment

When is the second wave bounce going to happen? There is a serious danger that I might need to go into work over the summer, which sounds horrible.

Zetetic

Google Mobility Report also indicating that supermarkets liable to be closer to COVID-19 levels overall and parks absolutely brimming with scum.

Quote from: bgmnts on May 29, 2020, 04:25:16 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/29/coronavirus-symptoms-not-isolating-sage-track-and-trace

Oops.

That was inevitable unless we start paying people properly to self-isolate. £95 a week SSP is not enough for people to live on. Of course they'll go back to work as soon as they feel well enough rather than waiting for the full 7 days.

Track and trace will fail spectacularly because of this. Staying at home unpaid because you might have it? It's not going to work.

Abnormal Palm

Quote from: some guy on May 28, 2020, 12:10:12 PM
Saw some guy saying they should be tasered, have their ankles and wrists tied and then be beaten with iron bars on the wrists, ankles, shins, elbows and knees, front and back, plus the back of the neck and base of the spine, hip bones and temples until they're either cabbages or locked in to fuck.

Might be the only way to get them to stay home 😂😂😂

Sebastian Cobb

People were definitely taking the piss today when i nipped to tescos, we did have to queue outside in the heat and the queue was putting people in direct sunlight, so I dunno if they'd just given up or were a bit dozy because they'd gotten a bit hot and bothered.

peanutbutter

Seems pretty much over amongst people I know, even the ones who were pretty rigidly following rules in April.

Sure the only reason it isn't for me is because I don't have any group of friends, just random individuals that don't know each other, I'm sure if I had a few friends and they messaged about meeting for cans in the park that I'd be all over it. Find it hard to justify asking an individual to hang out when the numbers are about to shoot up again.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: peanutbutter on May 29, 2020, 10:23:05 PM
Seems pretty much over amongst people I know, even the ones who were pretty rigidly following rules in April.

Sure the only reason it isn't for me is because I don't have any group of friends, just random individuals that don't know each other, I'm sure if I had a few friends and they messaged about meeting for cans in the park that I'd be all over it. Find it hard to justify asking an individual to hang out when the numbers are about to shoot up again.

why would you do that? transmission rates still high. fuck these people

Blue Jam

Mr Jam and I went for a lovely picnic today. Got accosted by a cute little fluffy fucker of a dog and I managed to resist giving the adorable little fucker ear scritches and belly rubs.

Feeling good about being a Scotchland-dweller. If I can behave myself in that situation anyone can.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 29, 2020, 10:52:06 PM
Mr Jam and I went for a lovely picnic today. Got accosted by a cute little fluffy fucker of a dog and I managed to resist giving the adorable little fucker ear scritches and belly rubs.

Feeling good about being a Scotchland-dweller. If I can behave myself in that situation anyone can.

Could you keep your distance from the viral hordes?

idunnosomename

so after going to the post office this evening I popped down to the prom for a bit of fresh air from being cooped up all day. it was packed. utterly gross. im not one for "oh look at all these people where I am at the moment" but queuing for fast food etc, kids running about. men walking around basically nude.

coppers had pulled over at one point and were clearly challenging some groups but what can they do really? this government has basically given up now after the cummings debacle and the police have no guidance at all. it's a long way from the over zealous drone buzzing of people walking in the Peaks I was moaning about months ago.

you can't just let individuals decide what to do for themselves. that isnt how a society works. people are stupid. I'm stupid. we need telling what to do. for fucks sake.

Blue Jam

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 29, 2020, 11:16:38 PM
Could you keep your distance from the viral hordes?

Yes. Even the daft animal seemed to understand when I told it "Sorry darling, no ear scritches, we've got to be socially distant".

Scotchland seems to be doing alright.

gib

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 29, 2020, 11:40:27 PMim not one for "oh look at all these people where I am at the moment"

can a mod please ban this impostor

peanutbutter

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 29, 2020, 10:40:44 PM
why would you do that? transmission rates still high. fuck these people
Well, I doubt I actually would tbh; but I get how a group of friends meeting up kinda has a mental effect of absolving each individual participant (asides from the instigator, I guess, but they obviously don't give a shite). The messaging has to be done top down, not doing so allows everyone to let everyone else off (unless you're gonna commit to the popular position of castigating everyone) and when everyone else is doing whatever it'll ultimately impact how strongly you think you should be following things too.

Sure I'm in the right to be keeping to myself, but it doesn't feel like I'm achieving anything.

holyzombiejesus

Shit. It's just shit. Groups of at least half a dozen mountain bikers going along the narrow towpath, prick in front of me in Morrisons zigzagging across the aisle with his trolley in a cunty attempt to invade people's space ("I'm just dancing with my daughter mate [who was sat in the trolley]" when someone asked him to move to one side), people tutting when you won't squeeze past people in the aisles. Had to travel in to Manchester for work today and the city centre looked like any (albeit quiet) weekday morning. A pub was open and it was surrounded by workmen drinking draught beer out of plastic milk bottles. I wish they'd send in the troops and extend lockdown until I get bored of it.
My favourite second hand record shop is re-opening in a week. It's small and one of those where people generally flick through every record in every rack (apart from the crappy dance section under the stereo). How the fuck is that safe unless they hand out plastic gloves made with especially chubby fingers?

Cloud

Had a wander down the beach.  Fair play, because it's so vast, people were very well spread out.  A few little groups, which is to be expected as the concept of "social bubbles" takes off, but not the scenes from elsewhere in the news of everyone crammed together.

Roads?  RAMMED.  Traffic somewhere between bank holiday and Christmas levels. Everyone must be going somewhere.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: peanutbutter on May 30, 2020, 12:25:49 AM
Well, I doubt I actually would tbh; but I get how a group of friends meeting up kinda has a mental effect of absolving each individual participant (asides from the instigator, I guess, but they obviously don't give a shite). The messaging has to be done top down, not doing so allows everyone to let everyone else off (unless you're gonna commit to the popular position of castigating everyone) and when everyone else is doing whatever it'll ultimately impact how strongly you think you should be following things too.

Sure I'm in the right to be keeping to myself, but it doesn't feel like I'm achieving anything.

what do you mean not achieving anything.... it should be simple. I understand the mental pressure and anxiety, but for anyone who doesn't give a fuck about their fellow neighbour, imagine being strapped to a machine, stuffed full of tubes, gasping for air, your chest tightening, the panic making your eyeballs bulge, your brain swell and you bowels void...for days. Or perhaps you (the royal you) want a few tinnies and a bbq with your britpop mates.

I don't understand why the easing of the 'rules' come into place on Monday, when everyone will decide to meet up with multiple people this weekend. It's almost a deliberate move by the government to point out - see, you all break our rules too.

1D chess.

Roll on the inevitable second spike following bank holiday fuckabout good times, and the recriminations that it's the public's fault for not following social distancing guidelines, along with the sly insinuation that Cummings managed 250 mile round trip perfectly fine so why couldn't you lot?

I'm going to bury myself in the garden until 2021.

Icehaven

The beautiful cemetery we've been taking our government sanctioned walks around was the busiest I've seen it yesterday, as in there were about 5 other people there as opposed to none. One woman walking in the opposite direction to us with her two young daughters glared daggers at us and hurried by both times we passed each other in the classic "how dare you have had the idea to come to the same place as me" style that's so popular these days, even though we made sure we kept on the other side of the wide path. Given her brats will be bringing the plague back from school for her in the next few weeks she needn't have bothered really.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 29, 2020, 11:40:27 PM

coppers had pulled over at one point and were clearly challenging some groups but what can they do really? this government has basically given up now after the cummings debacle and the police have no guidance at all. it's a long way from the over zealous drone buzzing of people walking in the Peaks I was moaning about months ago.

you can't just let individuals decide what to do for themselves. that isnt how a society works. people are stupid. I'm stupid. we need telling what to do. for fucks sake.

It's almost like you want some kind of centre ground, between the two extremes! It's hot; men will be practically nude.

bgmnts

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 29, 2020, 11:40:27 PM
so after going to the post office this evening I popped down to the prom for a bit of fresh air from being cooped up all day. it was packed. utterly gross. im not one for "oh look at all these people where I am at the moment" but queuing for fast food etc, kids running about. men walking around basically nude.

Nah fuck that.

flotemysost

Went to the park with my flatmate today and some random cunt decided it would be top bantz to swoop down and sit RIGHT NEXT TO HER on the step we were sitting on (as in, sitting so close that their sides/legs were touching) and start hitting on her.

Would have been a fucking creepy and annoying thing to do anyway, but it's good to know that a trifling thing like a pandemic is no barrier to causal predatory/sexist behaviour. And I'm sure it's made her feel just fucking great about having to get pubic transport again to her retail job when the shops open in a couple of weeks, which she's already very anxious about.

Park was a mess anyway. Barbecues, massive groups, twats on rollerblades weaving all over the place, the whoosh of nitrous everywhere. I'm sick of everything.