Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:12:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

got a baby

Started by kittens, May 15, 2020, 10:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

thread title is clickbait; the baby is a tadpole

dumb frog did a bunch of frogspawn on a wet tarpaulin in my garden few months ago. only one has survived. ordered some pond weed for his bucket weeks ago and it arrived yesterday. he's getting big now. does anyone have any frog rearing advice.

cheers folks

idunnosomename

most tadpoles get eaten, hope this helps

shiftwork2

Cold Meat Platter

Shoulders?-Stomach!

See how it likes getting fucked the absolute fuck up on dregs

Chollis

Buelligan

Yes, my real advice is make sure he has some smooth nice pebbles to rest on and eventually, when he's learned to crawl, climb out on.  Best to get stocked up with baby equipment. 

Get him something like this

now.  Put some clean mud or mud and gravel in the bottom and set a tiny bowl or lid into it.  Fill it with water.  Put pebbles in so's he can easily climb from the water pool onto his mud garden.  Put some tiny little weed plants in there too, like lawn daisies or small grass or toadflax.  Get it all growing now so it's all ready for him when his legs arrive.  When he gets to that, you can put him in there, feed him by leaving him aphids or other tiny living beings.  But you must do it a lot and check his water and water his garden.  Or you can turn him loose to fend for himself, your call.

Aphids are very good size-wise and I have brought several (five) frogs to fruition through this method but it is fucking time-consuming.  Also, need some natural light but not direct fffs.

bgmnts

This thread is ribbiting.

Buelligan

Thinking more, if you have a garden, why not only go and consider a fucking pond.  Do it, have a pond.  Make a nature haven for your baby.  Do it well.

Sin Agog

Quote from: kittens on May 15, 2020, 10:09:50 PMdoes anyone have any frog rearing advice

All I can say is don't walk out on the poor little thing and its babymama and leave it without a male rolemodel.  Show a little Kermitment.

Also don't try and jump over it with your bike.

Pijlstaart

Grandmother collected frog effigies, her prize frog was a gigantic frog doorstop. Mother has 4 frogs in her garden, she's been bragging about them. I'm not too keen on them myself, think it was that beatrix potter ballet thing, shat me up as a kid. Terrifying, but in the words of Yoda, himself often mislabelled as a frog despite clearly being a mammal, "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate". It's something I have to work on, I've never been wronged by a frog.

Brian Freeze

Vegetarian untl front legs grow? Is that right?

We've been hoping for frogs to find the pond we dug last august bank holiday. A pair of pond skaters have and are very welcome but not as good at eating slugs.

Dewt

Animal Crossing withdrawal, this. What next? "The bugs in my floor whispered a recipe for a Peach Surprise Box in my ear last night, do you want me to show you?"

Sin Agog

Don't be too disappointed if it turns out not to be a tadpole at all and your garden's actually a hotspot for dogging giants.

idunnosomename

i genuinely think your chances of getting a frog out of one fuckin tadpole are vanishingly small but whatever have a crack bro

Ferris

You should call him/her "froggens".

Happy to have helped.

kittens

here is the most recent picture of my baby

Pingers

Pretty relieved actually, thought you'd nicked one from outside Co-op. Imagine that.

Kelvin

That's a sting ray, kittens.

popcorn

Quote from: kittens on May 16, 2020, 01:49:22 AM
here is the most recent picture of my baby

aint got no arms or legs

pancreas

Quote from: Kelvin on May 16, 2020, 02:02:37 AM
That's a sting ray, kittens.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID

Cerys

What did I say about not taking it out of the water, kittens?  What did I say?!

Kelvin

I'll give it 32 hours before he's in A & E explaining how he accidentally slipped over in his dressing gown and got a tadpole stuck up his arse.

Ferris

Use a waterstone to evolve. It'll get battered like that.

Brian Freeze

Watermelon.

They love watermelon, or so I've been told.

Blinder Data

Quote from: kittens on May 15, 2020, 10:09:50 PM
ordered some pond weed for his bucket weeks ago and it arrived yesterday.

You should NOT be making your baby tadpole bucket bongs, can't believe I even have to explain that to you. You're not ready for this, kittens

Dewt

The tadpole has speared kittens through the chest like that stingray did to Steve Irwin

Dewt

a tadpole is just one component of a really big cum.