Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,473
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:34:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cook'd and Bomb'd Mafia: Blodwyn's Island Day 2 - Charlie's War

Started by BlodwynPig, May 16, 2020, 09:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 16, 2020, 10:23:08 AM
  Many people might ask this, but  can I ask you, Why do you think We should be told?

Because last night Blod described how Jim Bergerac was singing on the beach.  So either he chose to control Jim for dramatic purposes, or Jim has always been an NPC and you're lying.  And if you're lying, your claim to know that Buelligan is Town becomes suspect.

Buelligan

Don't drag me into this.  I think you're suspect.  I also think Delete's suspect.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cerys on May 16, 2020, 10:35:48 AM
Because last night Blod described how Jim Bergerac was singing on the beach.  So either he chose to control Jim for dramatic purposes, or Jim has always been an NPC and you're lying.  And if you're lying, your claim to know that Buelligan is Town becomes suspect.

For clarification to everyone, Jim singing on a beach was pushing artistic license (actually to get my pink fat man "joke" into the game) to set the scene and is no reflection of the in-game character or motives. Any post by a Mod will be independent (see also "Charlie's War"). Simple scene setting.

Cerys

Cheers for clearing that up - no further suspicion regarding Buelligan and Delete.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 16, 2020, 10:33:01 AM
Ok I can see the advantage in revealing the method here. Buelligan is undoubtbly playing in her own natural play style and posting style on the forum. Shes posting independtly and without consulting a mafia board. If she was to be Scum, then it would have to be some impressive Scum Theatre and to do that on day one without any presure, would be very foolish.

Its the same logic that clears Jim Bob.

I hope that makes sense on why I have come to those conclusions.

I'm not sure that this is logic. It's Conan-Doyle levels of ad-hom. 'He/she just wouldn't do that' isn't reliable in the context of a game of deception. Buelligan is very self-aware and capable of manipulating people's preconceptions about her character.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT ACCUSING BUELLIGAN OR DELETE, just examining what I consider to be a flaw in this logic.

It's very important that we don't rule out any player for less-than-sound reasoning.

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 16, 2020, 10:48:01 AM
I'm not sure that this is logic. It's Conan-Doyle levels of ad-hom. 'He/she just wouldn't do that' isn't reliable in the context of a game of deception. Buelligan is very self-aware and capable of manipulating people's preconceptions about her character.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT ACCUSING BUELLIGAN OR DELETE, just examining what I consider to be a flaw in this logic.

It's very important that we don't rule out any player for less-than-sound reasoning.
Quite agree, my logic should be challenged.

Who should be next for investigation?

Buelligan

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 16, 2020, 10:48:01 AM

I completely agree.  We should confine ourselves to examining the honesty of what people post and examining the reason behind each post.  If the motivation behind the post does not serve the goal of unmasking Invaders, we must consider other motivations.  I think silence is a reason to look at people too.  You don't volunteer to join an island community like this one just to sit silent at home.

Cerys

Okay, these are the current inhabitants.

1. Kryton
2. Buelligan
3. Dr. Greggles
4. Paul Calf
5. Rizla
6. Cerys

8. Delete Delete Delete
9. kittens

11. Ferris
12. Drummersaredeaf
13. JimBob
14. Rue the Polywhirl
15. Gib
16. This isnt witty sorry

Are you squadron leader, Cerys? How are we selecting the next punter for the ducking stool?

Cerys

Drat, I just edited that post to reflect the change from Prison Biscuits to kittens.  Automatic response.  Sorry, Blod.

Anyway, could everyone please report in and say what they've been up to?  There are some very bewildered-looking cows out there.

kittens

don't know anything about bergerac. do we speak french? just trying to work out what stoopid posts i should be making

Cerys

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 16, 2020, 11:18:21 AM
Are you squadron leader, Cerys? How are we selecting the next punter for the ducking stool?

Not as far as I know, and I have no idea.  In that order.  Although confirming who's been evident on the threads might be a good start.  Who has been suspiciously quiet?  And who left my humidor open?

Buelligan

Quote from: Cerys on May 16, 2020, 11:15:22 AM
Okay, these are the current inhabitants.

1. Kryton
2. Buelligan
3. Dr. Greggles
4. Paul Calf
5. Rizla
6. Cerys

8. Delete Delete Delete
9. kittens

11. Ferris
12. Drummersaredeaf
13. JimBob
14. Rue the Polywhirl
15. Gib
16. This isnt witty sorry

Well, I know that Greggles and Rue have been down to to the beach this morning but never a word to anyone.  Silent as mice.  Not that that implies evil motivations, they may still be grieving for poor Susan but they were pretty quiet yesterday too.  Drummers is also quite quiet for such an active citizen.  Who can say?  It all needs looking at.  Very thoroughly.

Buelligan

Obviously, I haven't been everywhere, seen everyone, this is just a snapshot from my lovely new plastic conservatory on the headland.

kittens

bonjour mes amis. i am undergoing a morning walk to Elizabeth Castle 16th-century fortress on a rocky islet then on to Jersey Zoo Wildlife park with endangered species and ending at Mont Orgueil Castle Castle with secret rooms & scenic views. it is 13°C

rue the polywhirl

Well, the reason I joined an island community in the first place was for all the peace and quiet which to be honest we're not getting much of at the moment. We have to also consider busybodies for the chop. It could be those that are doing the most talking are just doing a ruse and are trying to hide in plain sight. So basically, it could be anyone. I will say that the last I saw of madhair he was narrowing his eyes at Delete as if he just uncovered something. Hmmmm.

Cerys

Quote from: Buelligan on May 16, 2020, 11:30:10 AM
Obviously, I haven't been everywhere, seen everyone, this is just a snapshot from my lovely new plastic conservatory on the headland.

Vote player Buelligan

Cerys

Buelligan

Why, because you know it's aluminium?  It's not actually, it's some sort of fucking composite.

Buelligan

25 year guarantee.  So Rue, now you're chatting, who do you suspect and why?

This is a complicated one though.

It's a bit tricky to assemble a bullet point list of what the options are, so it's a question of whether the fallout from yesterday is thrashed out, or if some unattached to all of the events yesterday have their turn.

Going through yesterday is probably the harder task, but might be quite revealing. Going through some others might throw up new information that could guide us and get a few posters hauled into the 'probably town' category.

Information game, as I say. Let's get digging.

Buelligan

So who are you thinking about at the moment?  And you Rue, tell all, who are you likely fingering?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: kittens on May 16, 2020, 11:21:09 AM
don't know anything about bergerac. do we speak french? just trying to work out what stoopid posts i should be making

Please refer to yesterday's thread regarding "out of game" chat in here. Please no "I know nothing of Bergerac" posts or else BAN.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cerys on May 16, 2020, 11:34:37 AM
Just kidding.

Unvote Buelligan

Don't make extra work for me. Another indiscretion today will lead to a Day Ban for the remainder of the day.

Cerys

I honestly don't know.

Madhair was a candidate for Invader in my mind on account of his behaviour. There was another that was behaving in a similarly odd manor, but evidently that's not always a clue.

I wasn't convinced Cuellar was bad, nor any of the others implicated yesterday. Cerys I think is possibly ok. Jim Bob seems to have passed the test.

Then it comes to a squabble between gib, delete, TIWS and you (Buelligan). There's all sorts of potential outcomes in play here from 'all town' to 'all Invader'. It's a tricky one to pull apart and I'm keeping my paper dry until I know a little more.

Then we have a couple of quiet players - rue and rizla.

Then there's the final category. Players not really under the microscope yet, which I and the rest sit in.

I'm sorry my actions yesterday led us to this. Perhaps as cellar said there is something to be learned from the vote. Given the invaders know it was an all town argument.

One death is interesting, presuming the doc protected either the night kill or the vig's target. One might just not have done anything though.

Going to keep quiet today I think, yesterday was a disaster and you would better be served by me not causing pointless diversions.

rue the polywhirl

Quote from: Buelligan on May 16, 2020, 11:40:41 AM
So who are you thinking about at the moment?  And you Rue, tell all, who are you likely fingering?

Sorry to be unhelpful but I've literally not got the foggiest at this stage. Gonna wait till we uncover a bit more info.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Buelligan on May 16, 2020, 09:59:14 AM
On the learning a lesson, pull your horns in Jim...

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 16, 2020, 10:37:22 AM
For clarification to everyone, Jim singing on a beach was pushing artistic license...

Can people stop saying "Jim" when they're not referring to me, please?  It's very confusing and it could result in misinformed voting.  Refer to Delete as Bergerac, if you must abide by that name.  Ta.