Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:13:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cook'd and Bomb'd Mafia: Blodwyn's Island Day 2 - Charlie's War

Started by BlodwynPig, May 16, 2020, 09:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on May 16, 2020, 12:12:12 PM
Sorry to be unhelpful but I've literally not got the foggiest at this stage. Gonna wait till we uncover a bit more info.

No. If anything, I'm even less sure than I was yesterday.

Quote from: This isnt witty sorry on May 16, 2020, 12:07:40 PM
I'm sorry my actions yesterday led us to this. Perhaps as cellar said there is something to be learned from the vote. Given the invaders know it was an all town argument.

One death is interesting, presuming the doc protected either the night kill or the vig's target. One might just not have done anything though.

Going to keep quiet today I think, yesterday was a disaster and you would better be served by me not causing pointless diversions.

How do they know that? How do we know that?

Jim Bob

Quote from: Cerys on May 16, 2020, 11:20:20 AM
Anyway, could everyone please report in and say what they've been up to?  There are some very bewildered-looking cows out there.

Pfft.  You say bewildered, I say impressed.

Cerys

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 16, 2020, 12:15:19 PM
Can people stop saying "Jim" when they're not referring to me, please?  It's very confusing and it could result in misinformed voting.  Refer to Delete as Bergerac, if you must abide by that name.  Ta.

I'm afraid not. For the purposes of the game you have been given an identity, please use it.

Come on, let's get this moving then. Otherwise I'll spin a random number thing and just vote to lynch whoever it lands on.

In fact, no - fuck it.

I'll name the person I thought was acting suspiciously - Kryton.

gib

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 16, 2020, 12:15:45 PM
No. If anything, I'm even less sure than I was yesterday.

This surely has to be TIWS slipping up

vote TIWS

Good choice. What makes him suspicious to you? 

Vote Kryton

OK VOTE TIWS

Outline it for me, what's the slip up they've made here?

gib

I'm going to put my effort into rereading day one, je serai de retour plus tard

Buelligan

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 16, 2020, 12:15:45 PM
Quote from: This isnt witty sorry on May 16, 2020, 12:07:40 PM
I'm sorry my actions yesterday led us to this. Perhaps as cellar said there is something to be learned from the vote. Given the invaders know it was an all town argument.

One death is interesting, presuming the doc protected either the night kill or the vig's target. One might just not have done anything though.

Going to keep quiet today I think, yesterday was a disaster and you would better be served by me not causing pointless diversions.

I agree, we don't know that. 

On your point TIWS, IMO, being quiet helps no one.  Being honest is the way.  If you have suspicions, say so and say why, clearly and honestly.  Don't exaggerate.  If you just think something's suspicious but you don't know why say that too.  Make it clear what you think and why you think it.

Re: Kryton - there were hints of sailing too close to the wind. Playing to the other forum potentially.

Madhair was also acting in a kind of similar way though, and that would have been an incorrect call.

gib

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 16, 2020, 12:35:54 PM
OK VOTE TIWS

Outline it for me, what's the slip up they've made here?

Paul has already outlined it.

Cerys

I'm not convinced that it was a slip-up by an invader, but what the hell.  Vote TIWS.

Paul Calf

Quote from: gib on May 16, 2020, 12:34:40 PM
This surely has to be TIWS slipping up

vote TIWS

They also said they were going to be quiet today.  Vote player TIWS

Buelligan

Vote TIWS but underline that we're not done for the day, we must keep looking at everyone, there are four of them to find.

Quote from: gib on May 16, 2020, 12:37:27 PM
Paul has already outlined it.

OK, the invaders know that yesterday was an all-town argument, and so it appears likely that he is an invader who was in the midst of it who slipped up by disclosing that he knows it was all town?

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 16, 2020, 12:37:21 PM
Re: Kryton - there were hints of sailing too close to the wind. Playing to the other forum potentially.

Madhair was also acting in a kind of similar way though, and that would have been an incorrect call.

Just going through some Kryton posts.

Quote from: Kryton on May 15, 2020, 09:07:10 PM
Why is everyone self voting. You should be kicking and screaming your innocence/fake innocence.
That's what I'd hypothetically be doing.

Why hypothetically doing, why not actually doing?

Quote from: Kryton on May 15, 2020, 08:37:55 PM
Alright what's your strategy. Gimme your game plan.

Digging for Townie Strats?

Quote from: Kryton on May 15, 2020, 08:33:45 PM
We're perfectly within our rights to abstain. Aren't we?

Encouraging people not to vote?

Just a couple of things, id' like to ponder for a bit.

Sorry I can see how that looks but I only meant that I know myself to be town, cellar to be town and I believe buelligan to be town as well.

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 16, 2020, 12:45:23 PM

Just going through some Kryton posts.

I'm not sure. Quite a few of them kind of add up for Day 1. Everyone would certainly protest innocence, and the self-voting thing is definitely not clever. But you are right that perhaps the 'hypothetical' point might be a subconscious misstep. It could also mean hypothetically if you were under the microscope too though - which he wasn't.

It was more the tone of posting, and the murder hotel that was drawing my eye.

Paul Calf

I thought 'hypothetical' was reference to the fact that he wasn't under attack so the situation he was discussing didn't apply?

Perhaps Kryton may be a good target for the Cop to investigate.

kittens

i got no idea what's going on. je suis gotta lotta catchin up to do

Ferris

Quote from: Buelligan on May 16, 2020, 10:30:09 AM
I understand it is not possible to have a post mortem for Madhair, therefore, I suggest that it's not useful to assume he was killed by the Invaders.  I accept his sad death but draw no definitive conclusion from it.  I keep an open mind on this.

He was killed because his erratic play style looked like a weird bluff, and I don't think we questioned it so the wolves assumed we were covering for him (and not realizing that it looked just as odd to us as it did to them).

Vote player Cerys, convinced you and buellers are bad news

Ferris

(Buelligan please don't think I'm targeting you for no reason! God this game makes me feel guilty)

Kryton

Sorry I arrived late.

Terrible tragedy on our shores.
Rather startled to see people voting for myself.

I have my own suspicions. In fact I had my own strategies yesterday which seem to have largely been ignored by the rest of the town.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 16, 2020, 01:07:06 PM
He was killed because his erratic play style looked like a weird bluff, and I don't think we questioned it so the wolves assumed we were covering for him (and not realizing that it looked just as odd to us as it did to them).

Wolves? On Jersey? You've had fair warning, but I will let this pass as you're obviously sleep deprived

Cerys

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 16, 2020, 01:07:06 PM

What reason do you have for targeting me?  I'm innocent and curious.

Kryton

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 16, 2020, 12:45:23 PM

At that point I wasn't accused.

Some strats are better than none. Don't forget yesterday you all took JimBob at his word and got an innocent hanged.

Nope, explaining that you don't have to vote. It wasn't encouraging, more of a reminder.

Ponder away.

Don't forget that the last person to accuse me was Buelligan who now has innocent townie blood on her hands. At least I was willing to try and get the voting on some kind of parity and leave it to the 50/50 fates.