Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:45:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hearing your neighbours argue

Started by salr, May 16, 2020, 04:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salr

Lots of swearing.
Heard a can of spray-paint being used in their garage about 2h ago.

Husband just left with a matrress in the back of a mazda3 about 1h ago.
Now the swearing and the mazda is back.

im 95% sure the best thing i can do is just ignore it and keep drinking, but a small part of me wants to go over there and offer him a bottle of wine to chat >)

honestly wtf do i do?
he seems like a good egg, idk what the argument is about and the noise is not intrusive.
I just stay out of this right?

Cerys

Stay out of it but keep an ear out to make sure they're both safe.

Danger Man

Quote from: Cerys on May 16, 2020, 04:24:04 PM
Stay out of it but keep an ear out to make sure they're both safe. in case they start having sex and you can have a wank

Sin Agog

Neighbours are just like coffee. With a little understanding, you can find the perfect blend.

Jim Bob

Quote from: salr on May 16, 2020, 04:20:39 PM

Yes.  Like Cery's said, keep an ear out, just in case the worst should happen and it turns to violence but otherwise, mind your own.

Retinend

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 16, 2020, 04:25:44 PM
Neighbours are just like coffee. With a little understanding, you can find the perfect blend.

Get out Lou Carpenter

Butchers Blind

Let them know there's a CaB zoom chat tonight just in case they want to share.

salr

ok jib bob and cerys, I stay out of this. The mazda3 is back but now the work van is gone.

fuckit i'm sure i could write an episote of a soap out of this.

The guy came over last year and offered to cut down some ivy that was overgrowing our house.
I said yea ok go for it and I woke up with a hangover to some terrible sounds coming from outside :D
I think he is a good person and this is some argument and unless it turns bad I am definately out.

Fr.Bigley

His wife is probably just a whore. Mine was.

imitationleather

Since lockdown began my neighbours keep having screaming matches at each other. It sounds absolutely fucking exhausting. It also makes me realise I've never had a proper argument in my life.

Sebastian Cobb

Turned back when he realised he'd sleep better with the mattress in the van and thought fuck it might as well have another go at having the last word imo.

Flatulent Fox

Wrong.

Pick a side and wade right in with ammo.

Lots of swearing.

im 95% sure the best thing i can do is just ignore it and keep drinking, but a small part of me wants to go over there and offer him a bottle of wine to chat >)

honestly wtf do i do?
he seems like a good egg, idk what the argument is about and the noise is not intrusive.

How the hell do your hear cans of spray paint from your nieghbours garage. The Lives Of Others.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 16, 2020, 07:56:45 PM
How the hell do your hear cans of spray paint from your nieghbours garage. The Lives Of Others.

Skinflint I know who bought a flat with paper-thin walls gets annoyed at his neighbours for watching telly late at night.

'do they have it on pisstakingly loud?'

'no, but they could use headphones like I do'

Someone was once busking late at night with a guitar and it irked him enough to follow the sound for a quarter of a mile into the town centre to discover the source, then asked a policeman to tell him to shut up. The policeman told him to get bent.

salr

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 16, 2020, 07:56:45 PM

You know that rattling sound when someone shakes a can of spray-paint, it was that.

They're not even my direct-neighbours really, this noise was from across the street so I could see it easily from my chair.

There were a lot of c words and f words and at first I thought it was someone disciplining their dog or something. ( lot of good dogs and bad dogs here ( <3 u max :D))

noise has calmed down now. it is dark outside so I cant see what cars they have in their drive, but the shouting has stopped.

EDIT: yeah my direct neighbours get loud sometimes, but that doesnt bother me. This behavior seemed 'out' for my direct neigbour, he and his family seems like quite quiet and in control people.

ollyboro

Quote from: salr on May 16, 2020, 10:29:33 PM

There were a lot of c words and f words and at first I thought it was someone disciplining their dog or something.

What? Now I'm no dog whisperer, but I have watched enough episodes of Dogs Behaving (Very) Badly to know that training a dog successfully involves calm admonishment and reinforcing good behaviour with praise. Not by calling the hairy bastard a fucking cunt repeatedly.

salr

Dogs do not respond well to you calling them a cunt. It is all about body language. wait am i learing something. fuck

I have seen people shout  SHUT THE FUCK UP at their dogs, and they both learned nothing.

ollyboro

I do enjoy watching somebody attempting to reason with their dog. The dog's acting like a cunt and they say things like "Aw come on, be a good doggy  for mummy and we'll get home quicker and I'll give you a little surprise present." Asking an awful lot of a dog's levels of comprehension there.

Thomas

Lots of swearing.

honestly wtf do i do?

Whatever goes on in the Beardsley household is Peter's business.

Dogs respond to tone and intonation, not words. Try saying " Hes a good cunt then" in a high tone with a happy intonation and watch them wag thier tales with joy.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Let us know if there's any angry fucking noises later on tonight. Record it on your phone.

flotemysost

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 16, 2020, 11:59:46 PM
Let us know if there's any angry fucking noises later on tonight. Record it on your phone.

My brother used to live underneath a couple who would have spectacular, theatrical breakups nearly every weekend (suitcases hurled into the street, shirts set on fire, sort of thing) and then apparently, equally dramatic and audible sex afterwards.

I only visited that flat a handful of times while he lived there and each time I witnessed the chucking, although thankfully I left before the fucking.

I mean I'm laughing about it, but it must be a pretty sad situation for that to be your norm, for whatever reason.

Quote from: flotemysost on May 17, 2020, 12:35:22 AM
My brother used to live underneath a couple who would have spectacular, theatrical breakups nearly every weekend (suitcases hurled into the street, shirts set on fire, sort of thing) and then apparently, equally dramatic and audible sex afterwards.

I only visited that flat a handful of times while he lived there and each time I witnessed the chucking, although thankfully I left before the fucking.

I mean I'm laughing about it, but it must be a pretty sad situation for that to be your norm, for whatever reason.

Sounds too much like a film to me.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: flotemysost on May 17, 2020, 12:35:22 AM

I dunno, it must have spiced up your brother's wanks quite a bit.

Marner and Me

Quote from: imitationleather on May 16, 2020, 04:51:03 PM
Since lockdown began my neighbours keep having screaming matches at each other. It sounds absolutely fucking exhausting. It also makes me realise I've never had a proper argument in my life.
Sounds like you live next door to me. My house is just wall to wall noise. My mum will be pissed in the kitchen with the radio or TV quite loud. My dad in the living room, same thing, they'll probably have an argument, that'll then set the dogs off barking. This will be after a day where my mum will have Radio5 on, on an out of tune radio, whilst hoovering wearing clogs, so everytime she moves her feet upstairs you can here her. It is a stressful house to live in.

steve98

Least you've got Mrs Brown's cheesy ham baps to comfort you.

Marner and Me

Is it wrong to fantasise about Mrs Browns baps?