Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:59:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fun things to burn in your back garden

Started by pancreas, May 16, 2020, 06:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

I've recently been having fun setting fire to tissues. After the initial rush of ignition, you let them fall to the floor and watch them smoulder for a bit, which they do in a very appealing and vital manner. I have also burnt a few dead leaves. I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions for things I could burn.

shiftwork2

Sebastian Cobb

The insulation of a load off a load of old wiring before you take it down the scrapyard and weigh it in.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I don't have a garden, do I throw things on fire from the flat window and onto the car park?

pigamus

Cerys

Quote from: pancreas on May 16, 2020, 06:25:28 PM
I've recently been having fun setting fire to tissues. After the initial rush of ignition, you let them fall to the floor and watch them smoulder for a bit, which they do in a very appealing and vital manner. I have also burnt a few dead leaves. I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions for things I could burn.

Pubes.

I treated myself to a Galactic Battlestar massive firework 5 years ago £35. I realised once I got it home my garden was not long enough to stand far enough away safely. I argued with my wife for weeks it would be ok but she insisted I would not set it off. I pondered taking it to the rec to set it off in the dead of night for my own personal pleasure but never got round to the logistics (no way would I want to be sober for the much anticipated occssion but would not drink and drive). In the end I put the fire work on a shelf in my shed until an opportunity arose. It never did. Eventually the night before we were going to drive to Cornwall on holiday I was worried to leave this thing in the shed in high summer for two weeks unattended so I wrapped it up in two sainsburys carrier bags water tight and took it up the garden as far away from the house as possible and left it there. When we came back from holiday it had gone.

A lost opportunity I shall always lament.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 16, 2020, 06:59:49 PM
I treated myself to a Galactic Battlestar massive firework 5 years ago £35. I realised once I got it home my garden was not long enough to stand far enough away safely. I argued with my wife for weeks it would be ok but she insisted I would not set it off. I pondered taking it to the rec to set it off in the dead of night for my own personal pleasure but never got round to the logistics (no way would I want to be sober for the much anticipated occssion but would not drink and drive). In the end I put the fire work on a shelf in my shed until an opportunity arose. It never did. Eventually the night before we were going to drive to Cornwall on holiday I was worried to leave this thing in the shed in high summer for two weeks unattended so I wrapped it up in two sainsburys carrier bags water tight and took it up the garden as far away from the house as possible and left it there. When we came back from holiday my house had gone.

A lost opportunity I shall always lament.

ftfy

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Cuellar

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 16, 2020, 07:07:49 PM
ftfy
Is this recognition you have lifted my ignore setting? I feel honoured.

We sent up a load of accounting textbooks last weekend. Pleasing to destroy knowledge. I can see the appeal.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 16, 2020, 07:45:49 PM
We sent up a load of accounting textbooks last weekend. Pleasing to destroy knowledge. I can see the appeal.

I like the fact he's cutting out the middle-man

chveik

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: chveik on May 16, 2020, 08:04:19 PM
centrists

"shall we use the fire extinguisher"
"it might not work, better to fix the fire from within"

etc

Dex Sawash

noobs, boobs, a cross and lubes: A collection of B Sides and rarities from Stereophonics.

Quote from: pancreas on May 16, 2020, 06:25:28 PM

Pancreas is designed for the 'worst responses to the Coronavirus' thread for having smokey fires during a pandemic of a respiratory disease.

Plus, I can't imagine that Welephant is going to be too amused by this bout of gratuitous and wilful fire-raising; all good boys and girls know not to anger Welephant.

QuoteSmoke from fires can make breathing difficulties 'critically worse', according to one fire service. Coronavirus is a respiratory disease, so there are concerns about breathing in extra smoke, especially when warmer weather means more homes will have their windows open.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/04/coronavirus-councils-tell-residents-to-stop-lighting-fires-to-help-people-with-respiratory-conditions/

chveik

salr

A few weeks ago I got very drunk, so drunk I don't actually remember that moment but I woke up and went for a pee and found a couple of scorched cotton-bud ear things by the sink and a lighter next to them.

You could try to burn a pack of them, seems like a challenge. (no petrol!)

EDIT: my grandad was in korea in 1951, he said a campfire was hacking a hole in the frozen earth with trenching tools and pouring diesel in and setting light to that. Try that.