Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:58:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Patreon thread

Started by PlasticTom, May 17, 2020, 08:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlasticTom

Catchy title.

Who do you follow? Looking for some additions to mine. I have:

Cum Town - the best. Fiver a month for 4 bonuses, all video and audio now.
Tuesdays With Stories - I've still got a really soft spot for these guys. The earlier episodes with Joe supporting Louis ck and forming a friendship with him were fascinating, as well as the stories of Mark fucking his way around america
Dodds - I just joined this yesterday
Ian Boldsworth - the most work I've ever seen anyone put into something like this and as such, I only dip into a fraction. Dodds Incarcerated, Parapod deleted scenes and the Ask Ian things are what I subscribe for, but there's plenty more, it just depends how much Boldsworth you want in your life
Uhh Yeah Dude - live eps and access to the 14 year archive. It's rare that I listen to them, but it's one of the most wonderful friendships you could witness. I don't think they'll ever stop. First few years are ridiculously consistent and funny. A dollar a month on patreon to access it all. Seatbelts.

All told, that's about 13 quid a month. Anyone know how much the artists get?

Who do you follow and support?
Also, non-comedy?

DrGreggles

Ian Boldsworth
Barry Dodds
David Earl
Chart Music
Athletico Mince
Delightful Sausage
Crime in Sports
Pappy's

Pink Gregory

Is there extra stuff on the Pappy's Patreon?  I catch the FlatSlam occasionally, but I used to really enjoy Bangers and Mash.

Sin Agog

Wait, I've been sending a 20 quid note to Patreon's HQ in Milwaukee every week.  Is that not how Patreon works?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Seanbaby and Robert Brockway's new project, 1-900-HOTDOG.

keir

DrGreggles

Quote from: Pink Gregory on May 17, 2020, 09:20:25 AM
Is there extra stuff on the Pappy's Patreon?

There's something every day at the moment.
'Flatshare Lockdown' has had 26 episodes so far.
Plus you get other bonus stuff, and unedited pods.

Quote from: Pink Gregory on May 17, 2020, 09:20:25 AM
I used to really enjoy Bangers and Mash.

B&M is now called 'House Meeting' on Flatslam feed.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 17, 2020, 09:59:53 AM
Wait, I've been sending a 20 quid note to Patreon's HQ in Milwaukee every week.  Is that not how Patreon works?

Only if you're on Patreon's Patreon.

NoSleep

I support Airwindows (£10 a month), a one-man (Chris Johnson) audio plugin developer. He makes all his plugins available for free to everyone, but encourages people to support him so that he can carry on doing what he does.

His approach to plugins is very minimalist and efficient; no GUI, maybe just one or two sliders, or sometimes no controls at all, very low latency and CPU generally. The lack of fancy GUI concentrates you on listening to what is being achieved rather than looking at meters, hence the Airwindows motto: "in mix, no-one can hear your screen".

He also never discontinues plugins just because an "improved" version is released, because there's always somebody who will still go back to the early version. As he releases them at a rate of one a week (every Monday morning), they have become a confusion of audio riches in just a few years; 207 plugins to date.

As a result he has recently made a starter pack and released a plugin called "Monitoring" that bring several of his earlier plugins together.

http://www.airwindows.com

Useful list of all plugins that somebody is maintaining on Google docs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F3dIFKZNANSA_87T3CWMtwqIdbK3dpIBkzjGeDSGVsk/edit#gid=418114461

Noddy Tomkey

I subscribed to David Earl/Brian Gittins but the Patreon app was bloody awful for listening to podcasts on. I'm sure there's a sensible way to rip them but I couldn't be arsed. What's the best method?

I'd pay for more of the Poundcast, and Johnny Pemberton.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Noddy Tomkey on May 17, 2020, 11:33:55 AM
I subscribed to David Earl/Brian Gittins but the Patreon app was bloody awful for listening to podcasts on. I'm sure there's a sensible way to rip them but I couldn't be arsed. What's the best method?

I just use the RSS feed.

Noddy Tomkey

Please explain like I am idiot. You can go back and pick up where you left off?

DrGreggles

Go to your Patreon subscription, then 'My Membership'.
There should be a private RSS link, which you can copy & paste into your preferred podcast app and download/listen that way.

evilcommiedictator

Trashfuture and a former War Nerd subscriber, but bugger me, a 2-3 hour listen is a bit tough

Noddy Tomkey

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 17, 2020, 11:54:29 AM
Go to your Patreon subscription, then 'My Membership'.
There should be a private RSS link, which you can copy & paste into your preferred podcast app and download/listen that way.

Thank you doctor 😘

veletision

Action Boyz
The Flagrant Ones

13 bucks a month between the two

Poobum

Zola Jesus, which is good as she really engages and post loads of exclusive works in progress, remixes and the odd livestream. She even sent me two postcards.
Also Octavius Kitten and Soph's notes.

Mince
Boldsworth
Dodds
David Earl
John Allison (of Scarygoround + the more recent and rather ace Steeple)
Smershpod

Used to do TESD but cancelled last month as I'm now actively disliking Bry as he descends into bitter-old-mandom.

AllisonSays

TrueAnon is the only one I pay for - I'm not sure I can explain why I like it so much but I think the two hosts have a great and unusual chemistry.

dirkgonnadirk

Quote from: PlasticTom on May 17, 2020, 08:05:04 AM
Tuesdays With Stories - I've still got a really soft spot for these guys. The earlier episodes with Joe supporting Louis ck and forming a friendship with him were fascinating, as well as the stories of Mark fucking his way around america

any particular eps i should listen to? mainly for the former

patrons get like 85% or so

pk1yen

Consolevania. Ryan and Rab's Twitch streams have got me through lockdown thus far.

Also the great Canadian band Stars.

spaghetamine

Hamilton Morris
The Complete Guide To Everything

Pseudopath

Athletico Parsnips - Cheap at twice the price.
Francis "Viper" Higgins - He's set his Patreon at $5 per video, but he's so far off his target of 500 Patreons I figured it wouldn't actually cost me anything to support him.

I sometimes listen to a number of podcasts mentioned in here already, but I have never come around to the idea of actually paying someone for access to a podcast. They're generally just minimally edited conversations of the caliber that I would have with friends (depending on the subject). That doesn't make them any less entertaining, mind.

Strange new world.

Noddy Tomkey

I recently (finally) got into Office Hours Live and every episode had me wanting more, so I subscribed to the Patreon. I was worried the after hours stuff would just be Tim talking to brainless Patreon scumbags but there's a lot more going on and I laugh so much at these chunks it's easily worth the $5. And the Beatles casts are a load of presents I'm waiting to open! Thanks again to the Doc for spelling out how to consume this stuff properly.

I really hope there'll be more Gittens & Friends.

DrGreggles

Ham Bap

Not comedy but The Twilight Zone podcast with Tom Elliot. I love The Twilight Zone and I love this podcast as much as if not more than watching the Twilight Zone.
Been listening to it for years. Someone earlier said they wouldn't really be up for paying for a podcast. I've always been in the same boat but I appreciate the time and effort that goes into these.

Dog Botherer

Street Fight Radio is all i can afford. they have a fuck ton of archived shows and zines and shit though, well worth the fiver.

i also pirate the TrueAnon and Chapo patreon feeds but that lot are not short of cash.

Retinend

I love being a pay piggy. It gives me some pride to be a "patron" of someone, even in trivial amounts of money. Even if these people are only making youtube videos and podcasts, it all means a lot more to me than do the big media outlets because you are somewhat invested in them as people and I enjoy that too.

Lost in the Movies
for this amazing Twin Peaks analysis (most of his content is paypalled)
Journey Through Twin peaks

Creationist Cat
for this amazing dissection of right wing demagoguery
The God Pill

Dina Hashem
really impressed me with this roast battle
Shy deadpan girl viciously defeats a big loud guy in a NYC comedy roast battle

Office Hours with Tim Heidecker
joined for the insanely funny "Please Please Let it Be" podcast
Episode One of Please Please Let it Be: "Please Please Me"
Got all this stuff too:

Ukulele Cheats