Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:07:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2020 Quarter-Final: hedgehog90 vs Spoon of Ploff

Started by hedgehog90, May 17, 2020, 04:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 23, 2020, 11:59:13 AM
Who is the man holding the creature I won't name in case I accidentally cast my vote? It's the same guy holding the paintbrush, right?

Yep, it's Bob Ross.

QuoteAnd the red character in the final shot?

Ugandan Knuckles

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Ferris

Loved Kyle MacLachlan/Eggman in top left of Sploff's first, but introducing real.sonic? What were you thinking?!

Great stuff, but another vote for ninety hedge hogs here

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 23, 2020, 11:33:19 AM
Being a Twin Peaks obsessive this is my favourite match of the tournament,

Same, absolutely loved every shot of this. Also one of the few matches where I understood all of the references. Spoon played a good one but my vote goes to hedgehog.

Johnny Yesno

greencalx

As usual I got hardly any of the references but I got a lot out of hedge's shots nevertheless, which is no mean feat.

Cerys

Hedgehog's second shot wins my vote.  If it weren't for that I'd be finding it impossible to decide.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

chveik

wasp_f15ting

QDRPHNC

idunnosomename

Crabwalk

It's too close for the hog to landslide it, so Ploff.

rue the polywhirl

Hedgehog90 for.... THE RETURN. And also for the pilot opener.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Johnny Yesno

Well, I think I understand the references now but it turns out it's absolutely no help in deciding because all the shots are so damn good. I think I'll choose Sploff because of my belief that there's a slight advantage to the player who serves.

Lordofthefiles

selectivememory

hedgehog90 is the first player into the semis with a 21-3 victory over his old rival. Great game from both though, and thanks for playing, S'Ploff.

hedgehog90

I must confess I feel a little guilty.
After 2 memorable and exciting rounds together in the great Wimblewrong of 2017, I was really looking forward to sparring once again with such a worthy opponent.
But I played a dirty trick... I knew that Sploff wasn't a big fan of Twin Peaks beforehand so I based our entire match around it.
I intentionally set him up to fail. And he failed. Hard.
All I can say is I regret this outcome and I emphatically apologize for completely thrashing him (again*).

* For the third time in a row to be precise.

PS - myself, Sploff and a handful of other cabbers are going to be watching the season 2 finale tonight (Tuesday) at around 9:50pm via a live streaming service, and in 2 weeks we'll be starting season 3. If anyone fancies joining us send me a PM.

Spoon of Ploff

Don't feel guilt hodgeheg90. I watched all the Twin Peaks when they were first broadcast, later bought the VHS releases (up to the point in series two where it nosedived into a swamp of shit), and finished up with Fire Walk With Me.

My downfall was entirely of my own making. I should have saved real sonic for my final shot when you would not have been able to respond with your prized asset. I was too caught up in my own hubris, and did not think you could muster such a fine return in just three days. Only too late did I discover that some c*nt had already build a convincing Red Room set for Blender.

SO feel no guilt, hadgehig90... feel only shame that when gifted such an open goal you failed to obtain a clean sweep of the votes... that is a truly pitiful effort. I can't imagine Miles. Cerys, Crabwalk or a host of other players getting anything less than a perfect score in similar circumstances.

I look forward to your complete annihilation in the next round.

pancreas