Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:56:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cook'd and Bomb'd Mafia: Blodwyn's Island Day 3 - Fires in the Fall

Started by BlodwynPig, May 17, 2020, 09:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

my list is worthless because i can't be arsed to read back through anything and am very easily swayed by most arguments

suspicious at gib and del for their linked minds. but then they could just be good at it and working in our favour and i wouldn't want to get rid of that so fuck knows really. thanks for the help kittens mate

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 17, 2020, 10:25:28 PM
To save TIWS.
If Buelligan had returned and retracted their self-vote it would have made my vote worthless.
As it was, my vote was enough to force a tie between someone who I was certain to be Town and one that I was unsure of (and who had obviously given up).

Why did you and Gib wait until almost the last minute and then virtually simultaneously both change your vote to TIWS?
I was certain Beulligan was townie, I think Gib thought the same. So it made sense to switch TIWS as the lesser of two evils.

I was actually trying to put some pressure on some of the more unknown players to see if people would react. Rue, Cerys and Kittens. I changed to Kittens as i noticed that Cerys hadn't been online for while, so wasn;t going to get a response. Then Beulligan voted for herself and took the pressure off the unknowns. 

The Beulligan vote was why I was annoyed in the thread a little. As it robbed the chance of increasing any pressure.

gib

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 17, 2020, 10:30:38 PM
Do it simultaneously again. ;-)

It's virtually the same reason you say you voted Buellers, but the other way round. I was certain she was town and to me TIWS was the unknown. Thought i said this at the time.

Jim Bob

If they haven't already, I think the cop should investigate either Delete Delete Delete or gib tonight, so that they can be either eliminated if they are innocent, or exposed if guilty.  If one is guilty, the other may be as well.  Kind of a 'kill or exonerate two birds with one stone' kind of deal.

gib

ha Del! I've had this mind meld thing happen in the past but never quite this strong.

Rizla

Jim Bob, very subtly pointing the finger at Jim Bergerac's long-suffering ex-wife Deborah with no reason given, and not for the first time. I suspect he's also chucked at least one scheming cohort into the mix to cover his tracks. Well, I'm onto your plot. Wily old Charlie Hungerford didn't raise an imbecile for a daughter.

vote JimBob

I wonder if its because we both have experience with Shop work.

gib

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 17, 2020, 10:35:00 PM
If they haven't already, I think the cop should investigate either Delete Delete Delete or gib tonight, so that they can be either eliminated if they are innocent, or exposed if guilty.  If one is guilty, the other may be as well.  Kind of a 'kill or exonerate two birds with one stone' kind of deal.

2 people sharing the same thoughts is a very strong indicator they share the same alignment

Quote from: gib on May 17, 2020, 10:35:09 PM
ha Del! I've had this mind meld thing happen in the past but never quite this strong.
Ha, if this is true then you suspect me of possibly being a master strategist, and being in fact Mafia.

Cerys

I was convinced that Buelligan was an invader by the time I eventually voted for her - the apparent obsession with cropping and lying suggested to me that she was trying to get in the way of rational discussion.  Since she was a victim too, I suggest looking at anyone who was encouraging her line of argument as it seems to me that they'd either be working on the same disruption or else pushing to discredit her rationality.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Rizla on May 17, 2020, 10:35:32 PM
Jim Bob, very subtly pointing the finger at Jim Bergerac's long-suffering ex-wife Deborah with no reason given, and not for the first time. I suspect he's also chucked at least one scheming cohort into the mix to cover his tracks. Well, I'm onto your plot. Wily old Charlie Hungerford didn't raise an imbecile for a daughter.

vote JimBob

The only reason I put you into the unknown category was because you've been so quiet, so it's difficult to form an opinion one way or the other.  'unknown' is not the same thing as 'guilty'.

kittens

Quote from: gib on May 17, 2020, 10:35:09 PM

I FIND THIS HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 17, 2020, 10:38:21 PM
Ha, if this is true then you suspect me of possibly being a master strategist, and being in fact Mafia.

No mafia on the island

Jim Bob

Quote from: Cerys on May 17, 2020, 10:38:35 PM
I was convinced that Buelligan was an invader by the time I eventually voted for her - the apparent obsession with cropping and lying suggested to me that she was trying to get in the way of rational discussion.  Since she was a victim too, I suggest looking at anyone who was encouraging her line of argument as it seems to me that they'd either be working on the same disruption or else pushing to discredit her rationality.

Thing is, I don't think anyone was encouraging that line of thinking.  The only person to my knowledge who thought that editing/cropping argument made any kind of sense was Buelligan herself, I fear.

Quote from: gib on May 17, 2020, 10:40:01 PM
I'm a secretary.
My mistake then. Deftinly not that then.

What are the merits at this point in the game with the Cop coming out with what they know? Considering they would get a bullit for sure tonight?

rue the polywhirl

Judging from the end of day votes of last night I would like to think that Dr Greggles is town because definitely between Buelligan and TIWS I would have been more certain of TIWS being town as well. Rizla's random vote of Cerys without any justifying is definitely something that needs explaining, however.

Jim Bob

Jim Bob

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on May 17, 2020, 10:42:42 PM
Judging from the end of day votes of last night I would like to think that Dr Greggles is town because definitely between Buelligan and TIWS I would have been more certain of TIWS being town as well. Rizla's random vote of Cerys without any justifying is definitely something that needs explaining, however.

I tend to agree.

gib

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 17, 2020, 10:38:21 PM

It's my favourite town tell. It usually happens when i'm catching up on the thread and someone posts exactly what i would have posted had i been online at the time. Only been wrong once. This real time shit is a bit spooky to be honest so i can see how it's making some uneasy but if anyone is thinking we planned in advance to paraphrase each other within 26 seconds they clearly have underestimated how lazy i am. Also what would be the point

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 17, 2020, 10:42:56 PM
There's not?  Then what are we all fighting about then?

Please read the Day 1 introduction to familiarise yourself with the game. Please also watch the Bergerac Fires in the Fall to get you in the mood for the nightmares to come.

Jim Bob

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 17, 2020, 10:45:58 PM
Please read the Day 1 introduction to familiarise yourself with the game.

Shall.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 17, 2020, 10:45:58 PMPlease also watch the Bergerac Fires in the Fall to get you in the mood for the nightmares to come.

Shan't.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on May 17, 2020, 10:42:42 PM
Rue would you mind arguing why you think Cerys is townie please.

Cerys

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 17, 2020, 10:41:54 PM
Thing is, I don't think anyone was encouraging that line of thinking.  The only person to my knowledge who thought that editing/cropping argument made any kind of sense was Buelligan herself, I fear.

Was anyone apart from me prodding at her argument?  Any action  that resulted in further disruption could serve to help the invaders.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Cerys on May 17, 2020, 10:52:23 PM
Was anyone apart from me prodding at her argument?  Any action  that resulted in further disruption could serve to help the invaders.

The only post I made in relation to that was to essentially say that I thought that she was barking up the wrong tree.

gib

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 17, 2020, 10:42:31 PM
My mistake then. Deftinly not that then.

What are the merits at this point in the game with the Cop coming out with what they know? Considering they would get a bullit for sure tonight?

If it were me I wouldn't out unless i had uncovered an invader, even then i would probably try to leave a clue such as only voting that person so that people could work it out after i died, although they usually don't. And maybe it is me, or maybe it isn't and i'm doing what every townie should be doing today and confusing the baddies as to who is the cop. Or maybe it is me and i have uncovered any of the scum yet. Or maybe it isn't me. Or maybe it is.