Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:08:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cook'd and Bomb'd Mafia: Blodwyn's Island Day 3 - Fires in the Fall

Started by BlodwynPig, May 17, 2020, 09:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I suggest we leave the Cropgate alone. All 3 people involved in it orgianlly turned out to be Townies. It not only ended up killing 3 innocents, it swallowed up a lot of time investigating other people. Picking the bones will only waste more time. We need a new line of quetiong.

Whoever is playing as Mafia is playing very well, and for that I give them respect. 

Mate that is some top class trolling. Respect. I was only asking, you know for a friend.

What's the information-seeking play today then?

Cropgate is a bit of a distraction, yes, but surely there's some evidence coming out from a pick through the bones. This is why I wanted to look at other options. The argument itself wasn't telling us anything, but the reactions too it might.

And, it was clear gib was trying to tweak tails at the end of yesterday. What can we tell from that?

Jim Bob

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 17, 2020, 11:00:03 PM
Whoever is playing as Mafia is playing very well, and for that I give them respect.

"Respect due"

gib

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 17, 2020, 11:06:46 PM
What's the information-seeking play today then?

Cropgate is a bit of a distraction, yes, but surely there's some evidence coming out from a pick through the bones. This is why I wanted to look at other options. The argument itself wasn't telling us anything, but the reactions too it might.

And, it was clear gib was trying to tweak tails at the end of yesterday. What can we tell from that?

That i didn't want B lynched. Cropgate was all townies as we now know. Scum would have just stayed out of it. Or tried to be 'helpful' like Cerys was.

gib

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 17, 2020, 11:08:28 PM
Looks like gib is tweaking tails today too!

i'm not sure what that means exactly but let's get this done because it feels like you're pointing the Finger of Suspicion at me. I think you're town. We need to lynch scum today. I accept that you have no guarantee i am town but i would rather go through this now if that's ok. if i'm scum who would be my teammates?

gib

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 17, 2020, 11:15:40 PM
'Helpful' meaning seeking to lynch, or something else?

appearing helpful so they could pop up on the net day to point out how they tried to help and in doing so gain some town cred. I'm saying Cerys is scum, to be clear.

No, I wasn't saying that at all.

I don't think you're off the hook as it would be a clever play to team up and tweak tails as you have. You appear to be a good town bet, but I believe you have the capacity to play a clever long game. That doesn't mean you are scum, nor does it make delete scum, but it also doesn't mean I can let you off the hook totally in my mind either.

But, I've said it's an information game and you get information by tweaking tails. That's surely what you were doing at the death yesterday, and that's surely what you're doing to rizla now, no?

gib

Looking at today's OP there looks like a sniper laser dot on TWIS which i think is the boss trying to tell us that was the vig kill. If we assume Ferris was the scum kill then why was he chosen? Can anyone remember who his prime suspects were?

gib

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 17, 2020, 11:20:29 PM
No, I wasn't saying that at all.

I don't think you're off the hook as it would be a clever play to team up and tweak tails as you have. You appear to be a good town bet, but I believe you have the capacity to play a clever long game. That doesn't mean you are scum, nor does it make delete scum, but it also doesn't mean I can let you off the hook totally in my mind either.

But, I've said it's an information game and you get information by tweaking tails. That's surely what you were doing at the death yesterday, and that's surely what you're doing to rizla now, no?

i think Rizla is an invader

It seems to me that TIWS was the vig kill and Ferris the scum.

There was only one kill first night. The fact that Ferris was doctor suggests he protected himself and foiled the scum night 1.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 16, 2020, 01:20:29 PM
How about if everyone lays out

1 person they think is suspicious
1 person they think is townie

That way, everyone has to contribute something which is good for the town, and we can go back through these posts later and use the info

For me

Suspicious - Cerys
Townie - drummers

Until he got in a personal argument with Bulligan and changed his vote to her. Then Voted for himself, then unvoted.

Cerys

Quote from: gib on May 17, 2020, 11:19:43 PM
appearing helpful so they could pop up on the net day to point out how they tried to help and in doing so gain some town cred. I'm saying Cerys is scum, to be clear.

I have no way to prove my innocence, as well you know.  I am a vanilla townie with a cigar collection and but one vote, which I now cast in self-defence.   Vote gib

I thought cerys was ok. She's been quiet, and did go after buelligan, but Buelligan did draw suspicion, even if she was ultimately vindicated. I thought on balance she was probably town in the midst of it all.

I do recall she 'helped' her at one point too though by saying she was drawing attention and should knock it off.

But I'm not sure that's enough for me to think her the most likely.

gib

Quote from: Cerys on May 17, 2020, 11:27:18 PM
I have no way to prove my innocence, as well you know.  I am a vanilla townie with a cigar collection and but one vote, which I now cast in self-defence.   Vote gib

you lean on this cigar based safeclaim a little too much Cerys, you obvious scum you

gib

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 17, 2020, 11:30:34 PM
I thought cerys was ok. She's been quiet, and did go after buelligan, but Buelligan did draw suspicion, even if she was ultimately vindicated. I thought on balance she was probably town in the midst of it all.

I do recall she 'helped' her at one point too though by saying she was drawing attention and should knock it off.

But I'm not sure that's enough for me to think her the most likely.

can you have a crack at ranking the players from towniest to scummiest please drummers

I havent shifted much from tea time yesterday, and will possibly revise this when I have a chance to properly look at the last hour or two of day 2.

Likely town:

Jim Bob. Greggles (after today), Paul Calf

Kind of neutral: gib, delete, Kryton

Limited info: rue the polywhirl, rizla, kittens

I would have had cerys as safe yesterday. But now it's less certain.

It's all very tough. The scum are playing this seemingly well, and it's hard to pick anyone that is acting overtly scummy.

Would you mind posting our resoning for thinking Dr Greggles is Town?

I'm deferring to the consensus here. That he doesn't really benefit from voting for buelligan if he knew TIWS was also town. It could be a play though, I suppose.

But again, I've been drawn towards Cerys, but I thought she was town day 1 even though she was arguing against Buelligan. It wasn't that suspicious to think Buelligan might be deflecting.

His explanation does make sense, and his argument is for the Townies. I ignore his tat for tat voting of me, as I went for him. So is a natural response. possibly indicating he isnt refereing to a 3rd party first.

gib

greggles can wait

rizla, cerys, kittens, rue in that order

I concur with that bottom 4, though i have my lsit as

8 Kittens
9 Rue The Polywhirl
10 Rizla
11 Cerys

Cerys

Quote from: gib on May 18, 2020, 12:02:06 AM
greggles can wait

rizla, cerys, kittens, rue in that order

If you're scum, as I suspect, then you know I'm innocent.  But your fingering of three other people makes me wonder.  I'm keeping my vote as it is, and awaiting further developments.