Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:33:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cook'd and Bomb'd Mafia: Blodwyn's Island Day 3 - Fires in the Fall

Started by BlodwynPig, May 17, 2020, 09:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gib

Quote from: Cerys on May 18, 2020, 12:08:02 AM
If you're scum, as I suspect, then you know I'm innocent.  But your fingering of three other people makes me wonder.  I'm keeping my vote as it is, and awaiting further developments.

remind me who my teammates are again?

what does your town list look like?

Rizla

I'm an innocent vanilla townie. I haven't been involved in any killings. I have so far only voted for for 2 people, neither of whom died - Cerys and Jimbob.  Not sure where I stand on these two currently but my hands are clean vis-a-vis deaths so far. All of a sudden Gib and Delete are out in tandem again to try and organise a pile on. It's a fucking disgrace.

Cerys

Well, I know I'm town.  If Del is telling the truth about being Bergerac then presumably he's town - and since no-one has contradicted him on that I see no reason to disbelieve him.  I'll get back to you on the rest.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 18, 2020, 12:00:36 AM
His explanation does make sense, and his argument is for the Townies. I ignore his tat for tat voting of me, as I went for him. So is a natural response. possibly indicating he isnt refereing to a 3rd party first.

Actually I made clear who I thought were (3 of) the rotters on page 1 and have voted with that in mind.

Delete
Gib
JimBob

Not 100% sure on the other wrong 'un yet, but I'm swaying towards one person in particular.
There's little point me saying who it is yes, as the priority today is for the Townies to all vote the same way and for one of those 3 named above.
Actually fuck 'priority' - it is IMPERATIVE.
We are down to 6 and, if we blow the vote AGAIN, we will lose AGAIN.

My vote is for Delete and I implore the other Townies to do the same.
We need ALL 6 votes to guarantee we get the correct target. Even one dissenting Town vote could cause a tie and that could go either way.
Then the Town vig needs to take out one of the other 2, then we're back in control on Day 4 - even if (as is likely) I get offed after nightfall.

DrGreggles

Why do you think Im Scum Dr Greggles. Can you give your working out please?

Jim Bob

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 18, 2020, 12:22:05 AM
Actually I made clear who I thought were (3 of) the rotters on page 1 and have voted with that in mind.

Delete
Gib
JimBob

I know that I'm town and I'm pretty sure that Delete, gib and yourself are also town.  All this bickering and accusing among us town folks will get us nowhere.  We need to be casting our suspicions towards other people.  Don't ask who because fucked if I know, but I do know that campaigning for the deaths of innocents is not a wise play.

Jim Bob

Also (and please don't take this the wrong way), to whoever the vigilante is; can you please try not taking out us townies please?  If you're not at least 80% sure that someone is scum, then its probably best to abstain from killing someone in the night and just leaving well enough alone.  So far, you've only been inadvertently helping the scum and increasing the likelihood that the they'll ultimately win.

Cerys

Quote from: Cerys on May 18, 2020, 12:18:50 AM
Well, I know I'm town.  If Del is telling the truth about being Bergerac then presumably he's town - and since no-one has contradicted him on that I see no reason to disbelieve him.  I'll get back to you on the rest.

I'm adding JimBob to my town list.

kittens

Quote from: Jim Bob on May 18, 2020, 12:52:29 AM
I know that I'm town and I'm pretty sure that Delete, gib and yourself are also town.  All this bickering and accusing among us town folks will get us nowhere.  We need to be casting our suspicions towards other people.  Don't ask who because fucked if I know, but I do know that campaigning for the deaths of innocents is not a wise play.

why are you so sure del and gib are town? this 'mind meld' thing ain't washing with me

Paul Calf

I think gib is town, but I'm aware that he's a very accomplished and experienced player and I could be being...well, played.

If Delete is Mafia and gib is town, Delete is playing an ice cold game.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: gib on May 17, 2020, 11:22:54 PM
Looking at today's OP there looks like a sniper laser dot on TWIS which i think is the boss trying to tell us that was the vig kill. If we assume Ferris was the scum kill then why was he chosen? Can anyone remember who his prime suspects were?

AGAIN, any GM/Mod post is neutral and is purely for narrative external to the actual game, i.e. a red sniper dot for two kills because I couldn't find pictures of Barney or Willy in more precarious positions, whereas I found a picture of Philippa Vale in bed so could inform a different kill

THE BOSS WILL NOT INFLUENCE THE GAME APART FROM REMOVING THOSE THAT BREAK THE RULE OR BRING THE GAME INTO DISREPUTE

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 18, 2020, 07:04:26 AM
I think gib is town, but I'm aware that he's a very accomplished and experienced player and I could be being...well, played.

If Delete is INVADER and gib is town, Delete is playing an ice cold game.

Jim Bob

Quote from: kittens on May 18, 2020, 06:54:11 AM
why are you so sure del and gib are town? this 'mind meld' thing ain't washing with me

I could be wrong, it's just that Del is behaving as he always has in past times, when he was eventually proved to be innocent.  I'm not noticing any changes in his approach, which leads me to think that he's on the level and if he's on the level, then it would likely follow that gib is too, given their similar thought processes?  Then again, I too share the concern in regards to gib and his status as a pro.  If anyone could pull the wool over our eyes, it would be him, I should imagine.  I still stand by my earlier assertion that it would be a good idea for the town cop to investigate one of them during the night (probably gib if I had to nominate one over the other).

BlodwynPig

Night time in 14 hours 34 minutes

Edited to include Rizla vote

Jim Bob

rue the polywhirl

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 17, 2020, 10:50:08 PM
Rue would you mind arguing why you think Cerys is townie please.

I think because Cerys has been playing it with a straight bat so far and her line of questioning has been thorough and she hasn't been placing anyone above suspicion, and because she reacted very calmly to rizla's voting of her. Gib has picked her and me alongside kittens and rizla and most dodgy but because I'm town and I'm fairly sure Cerys is town that basically means gib is scum or there is a bunch of other folks he seriously isn't considering. It is possible he might be casting the spotlight away from other players.

We've possibly got a war between two factions of three here, and I don't particularly like it.

We have a similar situation to editgate where it's one against the other, but with more in play, and both sides could easily contain invaders. Equally, it could have fallen so that one group is clean and the other isn't. So it's going to have to be a matter of testing it.

If we have cerys, rizla, Greggles vs delete, gib, Jim Bob, I need to work out the motives for a few players in each to work out my stance.

Group 1: rizla hasn't done a great deal suspicious, but nor has he done a great deal full stop. Cerys was on my ok list, but the Buelligan link brings her into doubt, so that needs reconciling. Greggles also has Buelligan doubt, but has been somewhat vindicated.

Group 2: Jim Bob seems clean. It's then a question of my suspicion over the benefits of tag teaming as they have. If they are clean I would be shitting myself about having both of them near the endgame as it is just too much risk in one pot. It would rely on trust rather than good data, and I don't like that.

I'm going to have to go with the group that I feel is less likely to contain invaders on this, and it's tough. I have a feeling I know what side I'm going with, but I need to inspect the plumbing and get a corgi registered stamp on my workings before I jump in.

BlodwynPig

gib

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on May 18, 2020, 09:35:41 AM
We've possibly got a war between two factions of three here, and I don't particularly like it.

We have a similar situation to editgate where it's one against the other, but with more in play, and both sides could easily contain invaders. Equally, it could have fallen so that one group is clean and the other isn't. So it's going to have to be a matter of testing it.

If we have cerys, rizla, Greggles vs delete, gib, Jim Bob, I need to work out the motives for a few players in each to work out my stance.

Group 1: rizla hasn't done a great deal suspicious, but nor has he done a great deal full stop. Cerys was on my ok list, but the Buelligan link brings her into doubt, so that needs reconciling. Greggles also has Buelligan doubt, but has been somewhat vindicated.

Group 2: Jim Bob seems clean. It's then a question of my suspicion over the benefits of tag teaming as they have. If they are clean I would be shitting myself about having both of them near the endgame as it is just too much risk in one pot. It would rely on trust rather than good data, and I don't like that.

I'm going to have to go with the group that I feel is less likely to contain invaders on this, and it's tough. I have a feeling I know what side I'm going with, but I need to inspect the plumbing and get a corgi registered stamp on my workings before I jump in.

Good summary of where we're at. I guess it's up to people like you who are in neither group to call this one. If that group decides that me, Del and Jim Bob are invaders and loses the game for us i'd just like to say that i won't be cross or call anyone any names because it is only a game.

I'd rather not have a war of two factions as i think it may lead to Townies rippign each other apart. Whilst the Invaders sit back and just let us tear ourselves apart.

I beleive that Gib, Jim Bob and Drummersaredearf are Townie for sure. In fact the only real way to prove that I am innocent is my death. Would it be acceptable to put this to the test. if you vote for me and i porven to be Townie. Would that in your mind prove the innoncene of Gib, Jim Bob and Drummersaredeaf. If I were to die, I would want information that would help a Townie win to come from on it.

gib

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on May 18, 2020, 09:46:00 AM
I'd rather not have a war of two factions as i think it may lead to Townies rippign each other apart. Whilst the Invaders sit back and just let us tear ourselves apart.

I beleive that Gib, Jim Bob and Drummersaredearf are Townie for sure. In fact the only real way to prove that I am innocent is my death. Would it be acceptable to put this to the test. if you vote for me and i porven to be Townie. Would that in your mind prove the innoncene of Gib, Jim Bob and Drummersaredeaf. If I were to die, I would want information that would help a Townie win to come from on it.

I don't think that would work. Scum still aren't going to vote for themselves and paranoid townies will find another way to make the remaining facts fit their confirmation bias. The latter one of the more interesting things about the game but also one of the most frustrating.

gib

I'm going to shut up for a bit and let people figure it out for themselves. Like i said, if they don't manage to this game i can live with it.

kittens

that's it. vote delete delete delete

this is silly. they are obviously working as one unit and got a townie lynched yesterday.

kittens

oops meant to bold bot italicise that. vote delete delete delete

Just thinking through the the invader logic. If I go tonight, then surely Gib gets got in the night as me and Gib working as twosom distraction is over. So if it looks as if Im done for Gib can you make sure ebfore the clock ticks the final beat you also post who you think is in the clear. As it will be left for Drummerisdeaf and JimBob and others to pick up the pieces.

Quote from: kittens on May 18, 2020, 09:51:41 AM
that's it. vote delete delete delete

this is silly. they are obviously working as one unit and got a townie lynched yesterday.
Can you post your workings out why this is silly please.

Paul Calf

Why are gib and del so sure of each other? I'm reluctant to confront this because I've trusted gib a lot for the duration of this crisis, but I think this needs to be confronted. I've gamed out the scenarios:

2. Gib and Del are both Townies
I personally think this is most likely, but if this is the case, why the absolute trust between them? How can they possibly know with such certainty that neither of them are being mislead?

1. Del and Gib are both Invaders
This one is self-explanatory. They're both aware of each others' status because they can see the alignments and roles.

2. Del is Invader, Gib is not
Gib is trusting Del, who is misleading him, however both have voted for the lynching of Townies in the last couple of days

3. Gib is Invader, Del is not
As above, reversed. I. Think this is at least reasonably likely because gib is a highly experienced investigator.

kittens

because you have been posting as one for the whole game, declaring each other to be definitely town. saying you have had a 'mind meld' i do not find to be a sufficient excuse. and even through working together, all you have managed to do is get innocents lynched.

Paul Calf