Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:50:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cliff’s Doors

Started by TheMonk, May 18, 2020, 08:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMonk

I'm not quite sure what to make of this.
Impressive for 79 I suppose.
He almost falls over at one point though. I wonder how long he had to lie down for afterwards.
And why does he live in a showroom for doors?
https://youtu.be/JL3rWlhTMG0

the science eel

I reckon he's taken his cue from Macca and finally dumped the dye.

It's properly weird, isn't it? not like 'ooh fishy dishy Accrington Stanley' weird, but like this-shouldn't-really-exist-on-this-planet weird. The man is 80 years old in a few months for fuck's sake

Where did he almost fall over?

TheMonk

Quote from: the science eel on May 18, 2020, 08:24:39 AM
I reckon he's taken his cue from Macca and finally dumped the dye.

It's properly weird, isn't it? not like 'ooh fishy dishy Accrington Stanley' weird, but like this-shouldn't-really-exist-on-this-planet weird. The man is 80 years old in a few months for fuck's sake

Where did he almost fall over?
3:17.
I can't stop watching this for some reason.
There's also one where he sings this with Gary Barlow and he's considerably better than Barlow.

Shaky

It's clear where Samuel T Herring got his moves from.

McFlymo

Quote from: TheMonk on May 18, 2020, 08:40:17 AM
3:17.

I've had to pause it several times to alert friends and loved ones to watch it! I thought the fall was 0:50, when he does a wee spin and nearly hits one of the doors.

Also, it's really freaking me out, but he looks uncannily like my flat mate, who I've been stuck in lockdown with. And finally it all makes sense. The dance moves, the hair, the everything! ... So that's adding an extra layer of bizarre for me.

(plus this song was number one when I was born)

Dewt

How can you be 80 but also a twink

McFlymo

Quote from: Dewt on May 18, 2020, 03:50:18 PM
How can you be 80 but also a twink

it's all the corpses of young boys in those closets.

the science eel

Quote from: McFlymo on May 18, 2020, 03:47:21 PM
I've had to pause it several times to alert friends and loved ones to watch it! I thought the fall was 0:50, when he does a wee spin and nearly hits one of the doors.

That too.

And that bit where he almost disappears behind one of the doors, and has to move it, and gives us a wee smile.

What's he playing at? A very odd man.

Inspector Norse

He keeps turning and looking at the doors and wanting to go through them but he forgets where he's going and there's no way out, he's trapped.
And singing about how we don't talk any more. Clearly a reference to the way he's lost in his own mind and memories.
A moving and brave work about aging and senility. 10/10

Quote from: Inspector Norse on May 18, 2020, 06:00:50 PM
He keeps turning and looking at the doors and wanting to go through them but he forgets where he's going and there's no way out, he's trapped.
And singing about how we don't talk any more. Clearly a reference to the way he's lost in his own mind and memories.
A moving and brave work about aging and senility. 10/10

Poor old Sir Cliff a man lost in his room of doors, it's obviously a metaphor for homosexual repression or dementia. A national treasure, I lament

I've been resisting the obvious urge since the thread title to Smash Sir Cliff's Backdoors In. 🙃🤪

Butchers Blind

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 18, 2020, 07:58:22 PM
Poor old Sir Cliff a man lost in his room of doors, it's obviously a metaphor for homosexual repression or dementia. A national treasure, I lament

Closet doors.  It's all there.

SpiderChrist

I FUCKING HATE THAT CUNT

massive bereavement

I thought he'd teamed up with John Densmore and Robby Krieger, disappointed. Can just imagine Cliff belting out "Back Door Man".

PaulTMA

I like how he does the moves from the original video.  Probably been doing them in concert ever since

Muscle memory, does it in his sleep and Wimbledon centre court.

Quote from: studpuppet on May 19, 2020, 10:42:19 PM
Because this is ALWAYS relevant on any Cliff thread, but especially if you want to know what's behind the doors:

SIR CLIFF LEADS US TO AN ADJOINING ROOM. "THIS IS THE PARLOUR WHERE I KEEP MY BRIDES," MUMBLES CLIFF, BEFORE QUICKLY SHUTTING THE DOOR. "I NEVER REMOVE THE PLASTIC," HE MUTTTERS, WHILE STARING INTENTLY AT OUR THROATS. "EVER."

Hahahaha.....Hahahahaha  absolutely superb

Did I ever tell you when I worked as a landscape gardener I helped install a land drain in Sir Cliif's back garden, it was at his Weybridge St. Georges Hill Mansion, massive it was. My boss didn't know whether to cash his cheque of keep it as a souvenir. Sir Cliff never made us tea or even a cold drink. The second day I was there Sue Barker turned up in an open top Audi. 

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 20, 2020, 12:04:51 PM

I helped install a land drain in Sir Cliif's back garden,

Rumours; Confirmed.

gilbertharding